Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification - Version 2 Out with Prussians

Default Re: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification - Version 2 Out with Prussians

Was just asking a suggestion when to know the changing time could be applied, but now that i think of it, i think i could narrow it down to an average period of time, maybe at 1809 - 1810, no need really to be so squared about it. Besides, to be honest i have never reached a year past 1808, campaigns to me turn to be pretty easy to achieve victory.

About the regulation vs reality i think we have to stick with the regulations and slightly side by side to reality, but only if it's clearly stated in or by credited sources. I don't know about the example of the british you gave but i do know and read that austrians couldn't use the shakos because of what you mentioned, supply issues.

Default Re: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification - Version 2 Out with Prussians

nice mod +rep great work EB999,canu mix ur old and new mods add DLC,Bavaria,Denmark?

Nice prussian textures but could you provide textures for the extra units such as 1st czech regiment,8th life regiment,silesia elite skirmishers

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by king of prussia View Post
    Nice prussian textures but could you provide textures for the extra units such as 1st czech regiment,8th life regiment,silesia elite skirmishers
    I have no idea what the Czech uniforms were, and the Silesia and 8th Life didn't exist in 1805, so there are no sources for them. Note that I left some units in the game unmodified because of lack of sources, a change being uneeded, or the fact that what they wear in the game is their "iconic look" which is their famous look. Old Guard grenadiers and the Guard Chasseurs a Cheval are examples of a unit featuring an iconic uniform.

As for Minors, I will consider doing them over next week, but I would I would like sources for Denmark, Sweden, Kingdom of Italy, the Two Sicilies and maybe some of the Germans.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; February 22, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    As for Minors, I will consider doing them over next week, but I would I would like sources for Denmark, Sweden, Kingdom of Italy, the Two Sicilies and maybe some of the Germans.
    Over the next few days I will sort out some plates showing the various uniforms for your perusal & possible use
    Last edited by Prince of Essling; February 23, 2012 at 03:34 AM. Reason: clarifying what I am going to do
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Patrician

Danish Troops part 1
    (From mix of sources NYPL, Chakoten, Histofig etc)

Top line from left to right:
    Artillery (officers did wear a carmine coloured jacket)
    Life Guard
    Life Guard Cavalry
    Fynske Regiment of Light Dragoons
    Hussar regiment

Bottom line from left to right:
    Bosniak Squadron
    Lifeguard Foot Regiment
    Slesvigske (Schleswig) & Holstenske (Holstein) Infantry regiments
    Danish & Norwegian Life Regiments
    Jydske (Jutland) & Oldenborgske (Oldenburg) Infantry regiments
    Last edited by Prince of Essling; February 23, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Patrician

Danish Troops part 2

Top line from left to right:
    Bosniak & Hussar
    Light Dragoons
    Heavy cavalry
    Infantry facing colours
    Militia (Landwehr) Officer

Bottom Line from left to right:
    Landwehr private
    Horse artilleryman
    Foot artillery officer
    Foot artilleryman
    Hat shapes

Patrician

Danish troops part 3

Top row left to right:
    General in 1808 uniform
    General in earlier style uniform
    Slesvigske Jægerkorps til Fods (Schlewig Jagerkorps) and Slesvig-Holstenske Bataljon lette Infanteri (Schlewig-Holstein Light infantry battalion)
    Officer fra Slesvig-Holstenske Bataljon lette Infanteri (Officer from the Schlewig-Holstein Light infantry battalion) and Altonaisk Jægergrenader (Altona Jagergrenadier)

Let me know if you need more

Can you just PM me the rest?

Thanks very much PoE.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; February 23, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Can you make the British foot guard have boots?I tired to see their old uniform without boots

What do you mean? Like have their boots completely visible instead of the long trousers?

The British during the Peninsular campaign wore long trousers, it was a sort-of campaign regulation. Many other armies did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    What do you mean? Like have their boots completely visible instead of the long trousers?

The British during the Peninsular campaign wore long trousers, it was a sort-of campaign regulation. Many other armies did the same thing.
    yes,their boots completely visible instead of the long trousers,i like it.Can you make it?

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

I don't think it's a matter of what you like, but what is historical. All british foot troops used long trousers on campaign.

A small update for you all.

I have readjusted the French Grenadiers and gave them gaiters and a red plume. This made them look more professional and more in-line with the Fusiliers and other units.

In addition, an extra download has been aded with seperate packs for each major faction so these can be turned on and off seperately.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I downloaded the separate packs, and used all but Russia. While France works and I haven't tried the other factions, Prussia does not. Screens attached.

I don't see anything attached to your post.

Odd.

The first pic I saw and I knew the exact problem. I forgot to insert the atlas! I'll fix it and repost soon.

See? This is exactly why Prussia needed an atlas.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; March 17, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks!

Reposted.