Thread: Alt history-Prophet from the west .(Completed)

Default Alt history-Prophet from the west .(Completed)

Having finished the Milano family story,its time to open that slot .
    This is an alternate history based on what if Napolean won the Egyptian campagain .

I highly suggest you read this first-https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...r5fHBoGcqDSj1A

Because uptill the battle of Jaffa everything is the same .

It is widely believed that Egypt affected Napolean heavily and he became easternized .He is believed to have said that the sun god was real .Once or twice he also spoke in favour of Islam .It is also widely believed that he wanted to become some sort of prophet who would wear a turban,ride a camel with his own holy book and conquer right up to India and help his allies the Mysore and Marathas like Alexander the great .Something like Don Quixote .Wrong thing to aspire for in the 18th or 19th century .

But what if he won and did the same?
    Route-Conquer from Egypt to India via land conquering Iran,Afghanistan and everything else in the middle .

Ok i will stop now.The golden rule of ALT history is 'show dont tell ' .I have told enough already,if anyone has any doubts then PM me .
    First chapter coming up in a few minutes .

Last edited by Owlparrot3; September 17, 2017 at 08:57 AM.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Default Re: Alt history-Prophet from the west .

Chapter 1.

When I first saw Egypt ,the general had already spent a lot of time marvelling at its beauty and trying to make it his own .I had never participated in the initial conquest of Egypt. Oh allow me to introduce myself,I am Jean Du Permont .I had no big military experience when I first landed in Egypt on 17th Janaury 1799 .I was related closely to Paul Nicholas the de facto head of the directorate and he had given me direct entrance to the top of the military .Exactly like how the nobles who we had fought against earlier used to give to their sons and brothers .Talking of history repeating itself!But when I saw Egypt I was stunned .This land was beautiful .The sands ,the pyramids and the ancient cities and rivers .It took me a while to take it all in .The weather was hot but manageable .We were made to compulsorily dress in white headclothes for protection against the sun .After a few days of idyllic time spent in Cairo I was told to join the army in Palestine,so I was directly sent to war!The only war that I had fought before was the revolution and a few skirmishes in Corsica which happened to be the general’s home .

(At this point i decided to speed up because im not interested in writing huge novels)

The siege of Jaffa began on 3rd March 1799 .I was greeted cordially by the general because he did not like people who got their rank by connections .But he still had to grant me command over a cavalry division .The siege was quick and lasted just 4 days .after the surrender the general imprisoned everyone inside for a day pondering what to do next .His answer came .He decided suddenly to show mercy .”The people of the holy land already hate the Turks,if we spare this people then yes,some will bloster the Turkish ranks at Acre ,but the remaining will see us as the saviours “.he said.And so the we spared everyone of them except Al-Jezzar who was hanged on 8th March morning.From their we marched immediately to Acre where we arrived on 20 March 1799.Our men numbered just 9000 against 30000 Turks inside .Acre was strong,not a mere walled place like Jaffa.The general also contacted Bashir ,leader of the Shihabs who had a force of 30000 more to bloster our ranks .But the siege looked hopeless till the 7th of April when unexpected news arrived. After learning of the mercifull behaviour of the French at Jaffa from some travellers Bashir decided to forego his neutrality and told that he would arrive near Acre on the 14th of April .Despite the best attempts of the British our guns and cannons managed to make it safely to coast .With the new found vigour we launched a huge artillery assault on the walls .Finally on the 13th we had a breach.Our men sailed inside .I was told to stand tall in the last ranks because the general did not believe I was capable of my rank .I cried inside my heart seeing our brave men fight inside while I was just standing there with 20 men doing nothing .After a day of fighting the people of Acre surrendered .The fact that the commander was putting traitors to death while we were known to spare everyone helped the surrender .Our casualties were light at just 160 dead men .Napolean this time however hanged all the officials and the commander .But even then it was still seen as merciful enough .

The pasha arrived at precise time .For just two days later 12000 reinforcements arrived from Turkey.They were no match for our troops.Bashir’s men well accustomed to the desert gave the finishing punch .Without fighting much ,the Turks retreated just 2 hours later .They had lost 4500 men and 6000 approximately more were imprisoned by us .This time there was no mercy .

But our troubles were far from over .The British fleet under Commodore Sidney Smith was coming!

But the British fleet was wrecked by storms and was battered by the time they reached coast .Our artillery bombarded them severely .The battle lasted for two whole days between our artillery and their ships .In the end we lost many good men but the British under the over cautious Sidney Smith were defeated and retreated

By 21st of April the holy land had been taken(Jerusalem surrendered to us a day after our victory against the Turks)

Jerusalem was a magnificient place .When I first saw it with people of all religions flying French colours I was filled with pride .But on entry there were several problems in there .The general had promised the jews that he would rebuild their temple to gain their support .But then the muslims were antagonised and their leader the local Pasha said in a quick note ‘Don’t force us to rethink our decisions’ .But the general showed his brilliance again .He proclaimed that for each 100 coins spent for the construction of the Jewish temple ,he would add one minarate(Towers) to all existing mosques in the city.Needless to say ,this made the muslims happy .The day after that I actually saw many muslims helping in the construction work of the temple .But for me the heat was intolerable .I felt a bit homesick .Here I was in the heat surrounded by strange looking churches and mosques of old.Camels and white arab clothing covered the landscape .The houses were mostly made from mud or bricks rather than wood .The Pasha of Lebanon proved to be much helpful in further gaining the trust of the local Mohhamedian populations .

We now had a huge army .Our 10000 French troops together with the Pasha of Lebanon’s 30000 and the local ‘Military of the holy land’ as the general called it numbered about 12000 more .This meant a total of 52000 troops!With Napoleans past workings in favour of Islam like rebuilding caravans to Mecca and rebuilding mosques,we were assured of the loyalty of all the natives .

A native in French colours .

Present day -1862 .

Jean paused out of breathe .He sipped some coffee .Klaus my assistant suddenly remarked “Hey look the confedrates are hammering the unionists,the US sure is hot “.I was busy looking at the map of ‘Muqaddas iimbraturia ‘ or the Holy empire .It had changed so much in the past few decades.The other sounds of the bar suddenly became more relevant to me in the silence .The bartender ,an arab in western clothes was lighting the lamps .Suddenly Jean put his glass of coffee down and said ”Gentlemen ,im ready lets begin again.”

Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 25, 2017 at 09:37 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Your idea of exploring what would have happened if Napoleon's Egypt campaign had succeeded is an interesting one. I wonder what caused history to change - for example, did the French fleet win the Battle of the Nile?

A seperate post for showing you the map-
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 25, 2017 at 09:29 AM.

Chapter 2.

We left the holy land on the 29th of April 1799 leaving behind a small garrison to defend ,not against the Ottomans,the natives now firmly supported us,but rather against some unruly desert chieftans and suicide British attacks that we were sure would not happen as Sidney Smith had died a few days back due to an accident on his flagship.Following the river Jordan we marched towards Damascus capturing small pockets of Turkish resistance on the way .After the river ended we finally found ourselves exhausted .But the natives helped us a lot in fighting the heat. One soldier offered rose water to the general which impressed him and Napolean made him the official head of all native drink servers and gave him gold coins .It was in the hot deserts that I first saw the general change.Many times he remarked how majestic the east was and that compared to the west it was so superior.He remarked that the sun god as the giver of life should be the only one god and that the east had realised this milleniums before the west .He remarked several times that we had the weight of 40 centuries on us in this ancient land and looking at the number of majestic ancient ruins in the middle of the desert I was more than convinced.It was also during this time that he started writing the ‘Saint livre’ or holy book with some of his own ideas on religion .This was the beginning of the new way of life he was soon to install on the east .

We reached Damascus on the 14th of May 1799 .But alas the Ottomans were not interested in an open confrontation so they choose to retreat into the city instead .But unlike them the general had no time to waste .So he ordered Damascus to be heavily bombarded on the south side where he knew less civilians (who were potential supporters of the future) lived .Inside were just 10000 Turks.We managed to secure a breach finally after 6 whole days of siege .But alas the natives had none of the discipline of us ,so they charged blindly in the breach .We had to follow them .But Napolean was cool as ever,he had already calculated such a risk .So he allowed an undisciplined march into the breach while he told the artillery to fire in precise and absolutely correct position so that the effects of the indiscipline would be less .It was once we were inside and street fighting started that I got my first experience of actual confrontation .6 people surrounded me ,all on foot. One of them had snatched my sword and I had but my pistol and my loyal horse Louis.I shot the first. But then the other 5 charged at me .I butted one of them with the back of my pistol and he fell down in shock .My Louis kicked 2 more. Then I got some time to reload and I fired at 1 more .Finally I alighted from Louis and punched the heftiest of them to near death .This caused the others to panic and run .But in the fighting I lost all 3 of my bodyguards .By dawn the next morning we had captured Damascus.We lost only 252 men while the Turks ended up losing 6700!While I buried my bodyguards after the battle I got the happiest shock of my life .The general suddenly came up behind me and said “Good,you fought well,I admire your bravery”.I felt elated .He gave me 3 gold coins to bury along with my dead comrades,one for each of them.The next whole week the general repaired the town and made many speeches. While the people here were a little more supportive of the Turks than Acre and Jerusalem .Nevertheless the general managed to win them over by his speeches and by handing out promotions to the Pasha and jobs in his military to the natives .But most off all he distributed booty to the natives in a disciplined manner for he knew like all shrewd generals that these people were not here to fight for his cause .

Then he retreated to the comfort of his makeshift court to plan how to send letters to the various Pasha's of the Balkans and to the Armenians to gather their support .For the former it was independence and money,for the latter it was religious freedom .

The ploy worked,for when we reached Southern Anatolia something massive happened in Armenia.Full scale rebellion!

Now the Armenian rebellion was not at all a Christian rebellion like many think.The Christians were too powerless for that .But the local leader Dad Erekel Amira found christianity and religious freedom as a good excuse to rebel against the Turks and join French ranks .In return he was promised internel Autonomy by Napolean after his conquest was over .

Artin Dadyan Pasha ,descandent of Erekel and current day(1862) governer of Armenia .

Present day-1862 .

Once again Jean paused taken over by a violent bout of coughing .His daughter who was sitting with her husband on the table behind gently placed her hand on his shoulder.”Im too old now,81 is not young,I don’t claim to be young,I have seen enough of this world now,I want to see heaven now and reside with god”said Jean .”So ,what happened next”,I asked .”I will answer your question but first we must have some food,its already evening”said Jean as he ordered some Burgundy Kofta for us all.

Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 25, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

Chapter 3 .

I first wore a turban when we reached the town of Bitlis as the Turks retreated further north and west .But the general,he was way ahead of me .He wore a rich golden turban and huge white Arabic clothes and over the top jewellery when not fighting .He also possessed a golden sword gifted by a desert chieftan to him .Of course part of this was to win the hearts of the natives but he was really serious of turning into some kind of prophet or god emperor .But by the time we reached Bitlis we were in a bad shape .Our supply lines had been horribly overstreached and the hordes of natives in the army made matters worse .These were indisciplined people who fought wars with their hearts instead of their minds .Matters were made even worse or better when the Armenians numbering 20000 men more joined us on the 22nd of July 1799 .The only thing that kept the military in one shape was the brilliance and ability of the general .Finally everyone advised him to stop and rebuild supply lines .But he told them “Gentlemen ,time is essential,our occupancy of Anatolai has sent shock waves throughout the continent ,if we keep moving fast then we will win the grandest victory,but if we stop then we will be horribly defeated “he managed to win them over .For the rest of the campaign till we actually entered western Turkey we managed on Armenian supply .But Napolean was right.No longer were the nations of Europe going to sit still while we took huge stretches of land and kicked a great power .Things were changing in Europe and even at home in France .

It was a beautiful sunrise when the general called us all Frenchmen for a meeting .”Gentlemen ,tell me do you want your destiny to be controlled by some fools in Paris”said he.”Nooooo”we all replied in unison expecting that it was about some remaining relatives of the old emperor though I was pretty sure we had got them all .”Good,now I will not lie to you,our aggression against Turkey is a blot on the age old friendly relationship between France and Turkey they say ,that relationship which was designed in the first place by the upper two classes ,do you think we should respect that”he asked .”Nooooooooo”we all replied once again .”Now they have condemned us and named us rebels without giving us a warning,tell me is it fair,should we heed it”he asked .This time their was silence .It was only in 1824 that he confessed on his death bed that many warnings had been issued but he had killed all the messengers,but by that date hardly anyone wanted to leave our heavenly empire .That day we all left the meeting fearing for our families back home. But a week later I received a letter from France due to my connections which were in some ways more than even Napolean that nobody in France was interested in persecuting more people .I showed it to the general who used it and ‘Persuaded’ the soldiers to stand tall .I need not explain more on how he did it .Men like him are given this gift of diplomacy from god himself .

Prussia and all those smaller German nations ignored the middle east .Britian was obviously at war .But then their were rumors that the tsar of Russia was interested to help us if we made more progress and could be assured of being victorious .Spain and Portugal though supporting us didn't matter .We received an unlikely ally in the form of Fath Ali Shah of Persia,but knowing the number of Sunnis in his army Napolean did not wish to involve him directly in the war but rather keep his help as a last resort .But dark clouds were gathering on France itself .A coalation was forming between Britian and Austria and Prussia(Though the Prussians did not care about us they wanted to wet their beaks in France too) for restoring age old power in France .But the general managed to convince us that the spirit of the revolution would keep France independent and that we need not worry .Finally after all this we started marching for the final part of the Turkish campaign in September .

What had started out as an 'Egyptian campaign' to restore Egypt to full Turkish rule had culminated to be the death of the Turkish sultanate ,but as the general reminded us at that time "Istanbul is still remaining" .

Meanwhile the British were in a dilema .The main question was who to target .France itself or their deranged general out destroying such an old order .Plus could they actually hope that their relatively weak land army could cope up and fight against Napolean and the massive amounts of support that he was garnering from the muslims of the middle east .Finally matters came to such an ugly extent that the British parliament erupted in violence as senators drew their swords on each other .There were two groups now the 'Coalationists' who wanted to aid Prussia and the rest of the coalation in attacking France and retaking Britanny and Calais and restoring the Bourbons .The second were the 'Peacekeepers'who wanted to send a grand armee to defeat Napolean ,and keep the trade routes which were completely destroyed now safe and restored .Eventually the latter were going to win because Egypt under Napolean absolutely starved out both the East India company and the London cotton and other exotics traders .

Present day 1862 .

And Jean stopped ."What happened next i asked impatiently ."You will know soon Mr.Goering "said he ."But not today,tommorow ,im exhausted now .Meet me at the garden in front of this inn tommorow morning sharp,we wake up early here,the natives have to pray "said he .I mingled on for some more time .Everywhere everything was closing .The market had closed down,even the inn except for the bar had closed down .The bartender was enjoying with 3 ladies ,probably his wives,though they looked younger and more white .The rash drinkers were sipping coffee or wine depending on religion .Soon i too left with Klaus who had dozed off besides me .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; May 13, 2017 at 11:44 PM.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Just a quick little note: Constantinople wasn't officially renamed to Istanbul until around 1923. Everyone in the world called the city Constantinople, including the Ottomans, with the exception of citizens of the city who were pretty much always calling it Istanbul for short ever since the city was founded (excessively long names aren't very convenient for daily conversation).

Aside from that, I really like the way you portray the narrator. It's been widely documented that Napoleon's men loved him and were very patriotic and enthusiastic to fight for France, which I think shows in how he views Napoleon (and the French) as a hero. Unless something really disastrous happens to the army, I don't think it would be very fitting for him to have doubts about the campaign, since he would think he is doing the right thing. I also really liked the personal moment he had in Chapter 2 and hope that there will be a lot more. The best part about war memoirs (even with alternate history) is understanding how the common soldier felt in the moment, which you can't get anywhere else.

That's all I have for now. Good luck moving foward!

Vive la France!

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

I agree, the narrator's admiration for Napoleon sounds historically authentic. I wonder if Napoleon will be forced by events to call upon the Shah of Persia for help; it sounds as if this would risk losing the support of his Sunni soldiers.

Thanks for the review MP.Great that you got over your forum posting feat .

As for Alwyn. Thanks as always for the encouraging reviews man .My PC is not working so I'm unable to write anything for the time being but I will be back soon with new updates (Obviously a smartphone was used for writing this reply).

Chapter 4

The siege of Ankara was one of the best lightning strikes of Napolean .It had been just a month since we had taken southern Anatolai .Nobody expected us to make a move within 3 months at the least .But Napolean 'convinced' us to march fast on empty stomachs with the natives who were also frustuated .We had managed to secure supply lines and fend of British raids on the coasts on the middle east .The natives were also pacified .Turkish desert chieftans had also been subdued .Then we striked .It was a battle like any other .But for me it was memorable .The siege began on about 22nd September 1799 .The Turks had only 10000 men inside .The last of their elite troops outside of Constantinople .They held out for nearly half a month by expert rebuilding of walls crumbled by our artillery .The general being a brilliant artillery general though managed to soon crumble the walls .So exactly 15 days later on 7th October 1799 the chief gate broke off unable to take the strain any longer and the Turks foolishly dropped their guns and came out at us with swords drawn which was a bad ploy because we were a force of 20000 Frenchmen and 50000 natives .The chief of the garrison was among the first to fall stuck by a native matchlock bullet .But the misfortune was that only one part of their army managed to cause some damage and i was among those who recieved it .All of a sudden the Turks decided to hit us only on one side .The left flank cavalry .When i saw a nearby native brigade in danger i immediately rode out to help them .I charged amaturely on a bunch of about 15 infantry men and 4 powerful looking Turkish cavalrymen .I soon left my bodyguards behind to help rescue a fallen Arab who was about be preyed upon by 5 footsoldiers and 2 cavalrymen .I fired at the first cavalryman with my pistol and he fell .Then i took out my second pistol and now i had a choice.Hit the cavalryman charging towards me or shoot the infantryman about to kill the fallen Arab .I chose the latter .I fired at the infantryman killing him instantly at the same time going back with my horse at full speed .Then in a split of a second i dropped the pistol and took out my sword .I then fought squarely with that cavalryman and won .By an hour later we had won .Apart from other things the general applauded me and awarded me some unique non French gold brocraded medal .There were more far reaching effects of my gesture .It gave a sense of trust and homliness to the natives that i had according to them charged so bravely to rescue that Arab .All in all it was a success .A week later as we were venturing towards Constantinople towards the final crushing of the Turks we recieved two news .One good ,one bad .The good one was that all the Pashas of the Balkans had revolted against Turkish rule .The second and bad one was that the British were planning a huge naval action near Istanbul to defend the Turks and fend us off .Meanwhile Russia declared war on Prussia .

Sometimes the biggest climax of a story turns out to be flat .Thats exactly what happened .The siege of Constantinople itself was never that hard .This was not 1453 after all .What was hard was, as they call it now ,the 'Amphibian French of Constantinople' .Which was one of the biggest British assaults to be seen in history since William of Normandy .The British overwhelmed us with 105 ships ,14000 men on board and much more guns .Napolean finally proved here that he was better than even Alexander .

20th October 1799 .After a week of bombarding the British had still not manage to deter us Frenchmen due to two reasons .First of all the general's speeches in both French and Arabic.Secondly we were seeing a lot of development against the 18000 Turks inside .True we had got a lot of casualties ourselves ,but these were due to British bombardement rather than Turkish resistance .Our force now numbered about 100000 men but we knew that in case of a united assualt by the two opposing parties ,it would be we Frenchmen who would matter the most . Finally it happened .On this day the British attacked and the Turks threw open their doors .The british plan on the 20th was to concentrate all the bombardement on our main force rather than the vessels and then at an opportune moment they would land along with the Turks opening their doors at the same time .Then a quick surrender culd be achieved by capturing Napolean and routing the native part of the army .But they didn't knew who they were fighting against .When the British started their bombardement that morning,they recieved a strange surprise .Admiral Laurinque ,served in the French revolution .his entire family got killed except his brothers .Together they joined Naolean in Egypt as they had nothing to lose .The day before his brother fell .Hit by a British cannonball .Now the man was asked by Napolean to give the British a nasty surprise .Knowing that a dead navy in use was better than a weaker one not in use,Napolean had converted in utmost secrecy,some designated vessel ships into fire ships .So when the vessel ships came along to the British flank,the British welcomed them hoping that they were talking of surrendering .Then at the same moment the blasts began .3 British ships were caught in the fire .Suddenly Napolean ordered his guns to point in their entirety at the British rather than the gates .Meanwhile the British flagship ,as yet unharmed was sailing towards the center .All of a sudden we saw a magnificent sight.Admieral Laurinque had the Flagship well within his grasp .He was dong a suicide operation to help us win by chasing the flagship to the centre whil being fired at from all sides with his loyal sailors with him .Finally he caught up with it and we heard a loud sound and kaboom .But alas the explosion only damaged the flagship rather than destroying it and the British admiral escaped unhurt .All of a sudden a stray fire crate from the explosion flew to the other part of the board of the flagship setting fire to it .The admiral was great .Some say that admist the flames they saw Admiral Laurinque throwing that last crate .Within minutes the battle had turned .As it turned out the Turkish assault was repulsed though we took casualties and were unable to take the gates .The British army was also routed back to the shore in what became the battle of Constantinople shore .For a whole two days after that the remainder of the British navy continued to produce weak fire ."This "said Napolean "Is the effect of a general on the field or boat,the British lost because their admiral went" ,i couldn't agree more.

But the Sultan proved to be a reasonable man .When he heard the news that the pasha of Bulgar was coming with a contigent of Russian troops he agreed to an armistice on 23rd October 1799 .The 'Egyptian campaign' was over .

Present day 1862

Jean paused .We had met him in the 'Golden' garden in the morning which overlooked the inn ."Gentlmen,now its time for tea" he announced .So we started walking towards the inn .The amount of armed police was the first indication of something wrong .We went slowly to the entrance of the inn ."Whats the matter" Jean asked twice,once in French and once in Arabic ."There had been a murder,the bartender was fund dead this morning,someone clubed him " he replied .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; May 16, 2017 at 01:17 PM.

Present day 1862 .

Mr.Goering ,

In great mental pain i write the next expert .As you know that 81 is a grand old age and even a hardened soldier and general like me gets sensitive on seeing a murder like this.Originally i was not planning to come to the hotel as you suggested as i had a wild headache .That bartender was someone whom i had seen alive just some time ago and now this .But then in the evening i suddenly thought .'You have crossed the entire ocean and come here to Cairo just to see me and hear my stories ,how can i fail you so ,so here is another chapter of my life .

Chapter 5 .

It takes much more time to sign an armistice than to simply declare that one will take place .It took a whole week of preparations to prepare for the armistice .Not to forget that two emperors and three pashas were to be present .Envoys from Austria were also arriving .Finally the complete breakup of the empire of the house of Osman was initiated.According to the terms of the treaty ,

1)Russia would occupy Romania and north Bulgaria .
    2)The Pashas of Epirus,Greece,Lebanon, and Bulgaria were to be given complete independence and the title of 'Sultan' which the Sultan of Turkey being the Caliph could hand out generously .
    3)Armenia would be given independence under a secular Pasha .Christians were allowed complete safety in Armenia .

And finally the moment arrived ,we all knew that sooner or later it would ,and we were well prepared .The Russian Tsar said that Napolean would be able to keep Syria,Egypt ,The holy land and Cyprus on the condition that he declare himself seperate from the republic.The British agreed to white peace on the same conditions .But the shrewd general still told us that he would take a plebiscite among his French soldiers if they wanted to live on his 'Terms' .But when news came that our families had been ransomed by Napolean and being transported to this land .We voted yes in unison .79% voted in favour of seceding .The rest who were unhappy returned to France .

4)'Empire of France' would gain independence as the true successor of France in place of the republic which was slowly turning to anarchy anyway .Napolean would become the unchallenged emperor .

5)The British also promised the sovereignty of the French ally Sultan Tipu of Mysore in return for some money .

The main aim of Napolean when he returned back to Egypt was the natives .In war they had supported him for their own causes ,but now,now to continue getting their support he had to do something drastic ."I wish i could build a pyramid to appeal the natives" he had said at an inner French meeting .But then he did something unparalled .

Just a month after our return to Cairo the sultan of Turkey crowned Napolean as 'Sultan Napolean I' .It was the first time in history that a non muslim had been given this title.And so he created 'Muquddas Iimbraturia' or the holy empire .The natives couldn't have been happier .Those who were not were quickly crushed .

However Napolean had other problems .The treaty of Constantinople as they call it now had put his ambitions in an uncomfortable position. How could we invade India with the ink still wet on the treaty ?

The desert sand burned the eyes as we watched the diggers digging up the graves of long lost people of antiquity .Yes we were near the pyramids of Giza .But while we were at it,we found that near the pyramids there were other normal grraves of common people or maybe queens .Napolean was in the thick of the action standing with the reasercher Quibelle .The local Mamluk under whom this land came was happy too .After returning to Egypt, Napolean had undertaken a lot of jobs .He built roads,build water rests ,planted palm and date trees .But most of all there was the question of administration of this new land .In Egypt there were no problems .The Mammluks were utterly defeated and some were allowed to hold their rank but only in name .Instead they would be assistant governers to Frenchmen.But in Jersulem,there was the question of religious disunity,in Syria there were warlords who needed to be paid for their mercenary use .In Cyprus there was a plaque to be dealt with .But Napolean came up with excellent solutions for all problems .Jerusalem was divided up with walls .One part each to the three religions .Of that Islam got the biggest land because of their population might and because of the fact that Napolean was now a sultan .He also sent gifts of money to Mecca and generally he managed to form a good alliance with all states in Arabia .Meanwhile back home ,he made Muhammed Ali Pasha the home minister of the sultanate .Obviously ,he had supported Napolean and was too powerful a man to be ignored .Additionally Napolean also bought the various pashas and beys of southern Egypt who had secceded earlier from Turkey under his rule .

France fell around Janaury 1800 to the coalation .The bourbon king was reinstalled on the throne but with lesser rights .Here lay the brilliance of Napolean's leadership .Nobody among us Egyptians wanted to go back home to defend France .But Russia adamantly held on to the belief that our empire was the true French empire .Louis called us the 'Rogue empire'and ordered us to surrender .He was met with a strict 'no'.The soldiers back in Egypt held on to their beliefs of liberty adamantly .So there were two factions .Russia supporting the 'Napolenic empire'and the rest of the coalation supporting 'France'under the bourbons .It was like a middle ages quest for legitimacy .The former was also supported by the various pashas of the Balkans .It was obvious that Russia wanted a 'France'that it could control rather than one controlled by the Germans and Britian and Spain .

But back in Paris the general's fame was reaching its nadir .How they cried and whined to bring him back to France .How they cried to him to liberate them from this tyranny .We knew that at the present moment it was impossible ,but later i understood that in reality the general was simply not interested .After the general was retired,the statesman in him rose up .How he wooed the pasha of Syria who was the only one to not get independence ."Before you resisted me and paid the price .Now offer mutual support and i promise you the world"he wrote in a letter to him .Had anyone before ever promised the world?

Yours graciously
    Jean Du Permont
    General of the armies of the Empire .

Like all of his conversations,the letter was fascinating too .After some time i took a quick nap .The bartender was there .He was with 3 women.3 French women .Ah how white their skins and noble their faces .Why were they cuddling with him so .I could almost remember their faces .Suddenly they turned into winged devils .How terrifying they were .All of a sudden they saw me ."No,no"i cried .But they attacked me .I woke up in a start .But i wondered why the bartender was with 3 Frenchwomen the night of his murder .Some investigation was prudent
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; May 21, 2017 at 02:58 AM.

I'm intrigued by the shifts between the year 1799 and the year 1862. It sounds like this alternative Napoleon is becoming popular with the people of Egypt. It sounds like his position as Sultan is secure - I wonder if that security will endure?

Chapter 6 .

The construction of the double port began in April 1800 from port Said .Being a general i didn't care much and to this day i still haven't understood its significance in world trade,but surely i have understood its military significance (The proper canal came only in 1839 ).Now the British would have to ask our permission for trade everytime they passed .Our 'empire' had become supreme .But in reality the emperor was troubled .I knew that in mind he was just searching for a good excuse to fight another war.His ambition would not let him rest and try as he might by putting on the cloak of statesmanship he couldn't conceal it .We all knew that war would come sooner or later .

"This is a closed land,the notions of liberty have not yet reached here and will not for a long time still,we need to plant them like planting a seedling in a farm"he said in a private interview .But neither did he want to impart them .He basked in his position as the absolute god appointed sultan and he liked it .Some Frenchmen opposed this lack of revolutionary values and formed associations,but he ignored them and eliminated most of them .Slowly and surely he was becoming more sultan than emperor .He praised Islam and constructed more and more mosques though he himself remained atheist .But in reality he was simply waiting to write his own religion .But he needed the natives to fear and respect him like they had Muhammed several centuries ago for that first .He started using a camel for all but military occasions now .He went to state sponsored hunts on the camel .He raced with Arabs on the camel .He took out huge processions on camel .He also rode to the archaeologist places which he sponsored in huge amounts on camel .

In November 1800 the french rose up in rebellion again in France .The Bourbon king felt insecure .But the cunning British swiftly came to his rescue not wanting to repeat their previous mistakes .The rebels were crushed first at Corsica (The emperor's homeland) and then at Tolouse .However this time Napolean allowed a few to go back to France to fight for the vain cause .Hundreds of Frenchmen were coming to Cairo daily though .They became soldiers ,engineers,statesmen,painters or whatever they wished .But a native could not go beyond a certain rank in the military unless they were a nobleman or a past pasha .But overall despite his authoritian rule,he kept the people happy and that as he described was the path to glory,stability and greatness .

Sir Egbaston ,so called obviously because of his native town was a british merchant hailing from London .He was a cotton trader and like all cotton trader hailing from the islands ,he was arrogant .At Cairo he shouted to a lodge owner drunken .In Said he shouted orders at the boatmen as if they were slaves .One such native unable to handle it anymore told him of the grievences .So Egbaston slapped him hard on the cheek .The engraged native slapped him back!So Egbaston shot him dead .All was gone and the natives took out their swords and fell upon him. He somehow managed to run back to the city where they arrested him for his own protection .The natives however fell upon his entourage and looted everything .For days,Said was locked down and buisness went down .It had become too dangerous for the chief traders,the British,even the French were advised not to go there .So much rested now on the emperor's words .He gave a quick decision. Egbaston was to be hanged in public in Said .The natives were happy .Now we have a sultan who actually cares about us .This became the 'Said accident'. The British however were not so happy and relations worsened .Britian demanded repayment for Egbaston's life .They recieved a message plain and clear "Get lost" .The age of peace was over .But the wooer of German princes ,the mighty sultan ensured that Britian remained isloated diplomatically .It was now simply a question of war now or war a few weeks later .But Napolean was prepared .Over the past months he had properly westernized the natives when it came to the military and so we were quite confident of reaching the path of greatness .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; May 21, 2017 at 03:37 AM.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte

I'm intrigued by the idea of Napoleon as more-or-less a sultan, and the idea of him wanting to start his own religion...

It makes sense, even in this alternative reality, Napoleon is restless when he does not have a war to fight. I wonder whether Napoleon's military preparations will be enough.

Chapter 7 (Was started without any interruptions by Jean).

"If we must defeat the British then it is extremely important that we push back their initial invasion .The Tsar has agreed to help us in Europe mainland,the Germans have agreed to remain neutral,Spain and Portugal dont have influence,the puppet French monarchy cannot help in any way .That leaves out the Dutch who support us more openly than even the Tsar because they dream of their own safe colonies in Asia .This means that the an attack from land will be useless .Mohhamed Ali whom i have stationed in Tripoli with 25000 men has many advantages so he can defend it well .Hence i believe that the initial attack will come via the sea anywhere from Cairo to southern Anatolia .We must have good coastal defence whenever they attack .Once their landing itself is foiled they will either retreat back to Malta or they will attempt to disembark with disastorous results " said Napolean .All the chiefs and French governers alike agreed by nodding their heads ."But gentlemen in this war we must also fulfill our destiny,that of proclaiming our victory over them by swimming the hot waters of the Ganga .We must hit them in India and we must do it now ,the sultan Tippu of Mysore and some other frontier chiefs will support us .Some more when i ask the Caliph in Constantinople to declare a Jihad " he continued .Then he shooed away the Muslims out by offering some excuse .Then he quietly said "The Shah of Persia has agreed to help too " ."But then who will convince these fanatic Sunnis,they will loose their respect for your highness if they hear that you wish to march across Persia " said Ney ,a French marshall who had thought it was better to live free under a strange country than in a humiliating puppet monarchy,he had quickly gotten promoted ."I have my own plans,you are half correct Ney,we will have to march via Persia but not exactly through Persia" said Napolean a smile on his lips .

​The meeting .

It sounds like the initial attack could happen in a large area ("from Cairo to southern Anatolia"). I imagine that it will be difficult to defend such a large coastline, to foil the initial landing - unless a spy or a fast ship (or something else) can provide an early warning of where the British intend to land.

Notice to all fans.

My dear cousin brother who came up with this alt history idea and who asked me to write it suddenly died of an explosion in his garage.Out of respect to him i must close this aar.Anyway Napolean is firmly based in the Levant .What happens next is for you to decipher.

I hope you understand the thoughts behind this decision.So i say that the story can be assumed completed.

Regards.
    mad orc.
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; September 17, 2017 at 08:54 AM.