Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mod Music

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Mod Music

I feel not convincig the percussion in this song. I do not know what instrument they are using but it seems too.......how to say?....preponderant? The Romans di not used drums in the army, but I do not know which kind of percussion instrument they used (if they used some percussion instrument at all) in their music.

Anyway the pieces of SYNUALIA are very good, the main problem is that I must admit that in the campaign map after ten minutes of this music, I would go out of mind!!!!

Probably this music is historically correct (at least they use instorical instruments, at some point I even hear the sound of one or more 'bucina' or something similar.....), but we must be realistic, our musical tastes are very different today, and this music is very interesting for a total focused listening ,......playing a PC game......well, I would need something more easy!!!

A few years ago I was a huge music fan, but now I am just so sick of postmodern music. Its construction and framing is just too darn predictable.

Of course that's just my opinion. I will mod my game regardless to include this music. Just offering suggestions to anyone else interested.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

You could always do a realistic music mod

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

That's exactly what I was thinking.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Dear atheniandp I want to add only one thing: I agree with you about all! But IMHO a music for the campaign has to be the accompaniment of the game not the main protagonist of the game!
    The music of the groups that you and me have suggested, needs a proper dedicated listening, IMHO this kind of music is not easy to listen while you are doing someting else. This music deserves our full attention.

In the last days I met a great musician in a street of my town Genoa, he plays an instrument which name is 'Hammered Dulcimer', it is like a 'cembalo', but not the instrument with the piano like keys, he plays a more ancient model in wich the metal strings have to be 'hammered' using wood stiks, it is the ancestor of the medieval or renaissence 'cembalo' and of the modern Piano.

I bought two CD from him and they are totally worth the € expenditure. The music of Vince Conaway is built on ancient Italian medieval musical themes and Celtic themes, I find his instrument, his work and his music absolutely astonishing!
    I'm very honoured to have came to know him and his music, he reminded me how beautiful were the Ancient Italian Romance Sounds!

Here some videos and the link to his site, please dear friend try to explore it, this man is a great musician, an educated man with a great knowledge about ancient Romance Music, and his instrument is really magnificent!!!

link to Vince Conaway site:
    http://www.vinceconaway.com/

Here Mr.Conaway in Rome (2009 now Vincent knows how to pronounce the sweet Italian 'C' of the word 'Cembalo' ):

Here in my town Genoa (2008):

St Louis Renaissence Fair (2007):

Maryland Renaiisence Festival (2007):

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    In the last days I met a great musician in a street of my town Genoa, he plays an instrument which name is 'Hammered Dulcimer', it is like a 'cembalo', but not the instrument with the piano like keys, he plays a more ancient model in wich the metal strings have to be 'hammered' using wood stiks, it is the ancestor of the medieval or renaissence 'cembalo' and of the modern Piano.

I bought two CD from him and they are totally worth the € expenditure. The music of Vince Conaway is built on ancient Italian medieval musical themes and Celtic themes, I find his instrument, his work and his music absolutely astonishing!
    I'm happy you brought this up Diocle. I saw it played at King Richards Fair some years ago and purchased a cd of it. The sound of this instrument is enchanting and beautiful. A possible variation of mood to use along with other Roman, post Roman darker music

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Sounds great

Signature made by Joar

The music is soooooo beautifull ! I can't imagine the time he invested in that instrument !

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

good player, we have a similar dude here in glastonbury, theres something about this music, very nice indeed

Very nice indeed.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    I just don't see any good reason to use these hollywood cookie-cutter dramatic compositions when we have more authentic alternatives present. But then again, the masses prefer history distorted--ahem-- depicted through films rather than the truth. That's history for ya.

I can see these scores working well with vanilla RTW, but when we're talking about a mod the quality of IB...
    No no no I do not like history distorted I am a stickler for authenticity I never said I didn't like the music you guys posted I like it all.

Chelchal's Avatar Civis

A tiny suggestion:

"We're Going Home" from the Alexander soundtrack would make for a pretty good theme song after winning a victory as the Romans.

Not really sure how to embed a youtube video into my post.
    Last edited by Chelchal; April 23, 2012 at 07:01 PM.

Great song,thank you Chelchal ; indeed,it would be great

Chelchal's Avatar Civis

Another great song is Battle of the Mounds from the original Conan the Barbarian movie. It's somewhat long, so perhaps the second half should just be used, but it is an intense, brooding song.

And if you could get the permission from the EB folks, Age of Fragmentation is a truly epic track.

Last edited by Diocletianus; May 10, 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletianus View Post
    Must... restrain temptation... to Rick Roll...

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Classic Gladiator and a mix with some other good Roman stuff would be good.

Found this wonderful instrument:

39 String Harp Guitar, by Alex DeGrassi

A strange guitar.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast