Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mod Music

Default Re: Mod Music

May be slightly anachronistic, but this is as good as Musica Romana. Please do NOT use Gladiator music. I am sick of that damn overrated movie and its soundtrack.

Battle Victory Music?

Fantastic Battle Music
    Last edited by atheniandp; March 05, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Beautiful suggestions atheniandp, I would suggest for the battle map something like 'Legio I Martia' or LegioVI Ferrata' by Triarii, but they now are quite difficult to hear on youtube! I modded the music for RSII using the music of Triarii and I cannot play Romans anymore without their music, but sadly I cannot show exemples.........well it will remain a personal unshared pleasure!
    Anyway music is a personal choice based on personal tastes, and it is almost the only thing that I'm able to mod in RTW!!!

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    May be slightly anachronistic, but this is as good as Musica Romana. Please do NOT use Gladiator music. I am sick of that damn overrated movie and its soundtrack.
    Don't say that, Gladiator is amazing. And Promentory has been used by Medieval mods and we are getting close to that era and it's just an all around great song

For those who don't know it's pure awesomeness here's a link. Just listen to it, I think you'll reconsider and I don't think it is overused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42MAk...eature=related

Sorry but you don't seem to understand that the feeling of the song is not fited for a third century mod.Would I use Iron maiden because the songs are nice ? Would I use Iron maiden for a WW2 era mod because it is in the XXth century ?

Promentory is moving us in a medieval setting in the Higlands or in Britain in general and it we dig a little more to the old colonies. We can't use every songs we found and use into an historic mod because we find it awsome or nice ; The music must fit to the drama of the period. Thus an eastern theme music or a music that can move our mind into that time-frame must be used as a menu music.

I suggest we stick with imperator of Adam Friersdorch ( do I write it well ?) as menu music and that we expand the Ihatemondays sound mod with other musics from more recents movies about romans ( The eagle, Centurion,etc..) . I agree with SBH for somes Arcana's songs to be put in the mod.

For the Gladiator case, some musics can be used but we don't need the mod to become a reproduction game of the movie...

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

I just don't see any good reason to use these hollywood cookie-cutter dramatic compositions when we have more authentic alternatives present. But then again, the masses prefer history distorted--ahem-- depicted through films rather than the truth. That's history for ya.

I can see these scores working well with vanilla RTW, but when we're talking about a mod the quality of IB...
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

I agree with you atheniandp, but when you use the words 'more authentic alternatives' you are too optimistic!
    Sadly we have not any complete exemple of Ancient Greek or Roman Music, we have only few small, very small, fragments, so the music that you (and me) posted is beautiful, interesting and evocative but it is not an 'authentic' ancient music, because sadly we have not one single 'authentic' exemple of Ancient Greek Music surviving today!

Here to break the melodic and romantic sounds of this thread, the Roman Legions' 'meat grinder on the march!! Obviously for the battle map, in campaign this music could push to suicide also the more hardended amongst us!

Triarii, Legio VI Ferrata:

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    I think it is overused and too familiar, alas. I have downloaded a ton of stuff from Arcana and Two Steps From Hell which I play when writing the AAR. Arcana is especially good for a mix of atmospheric music with eastern ovetones (I believe the mod Broken Crescent uses some of it. Two Steps is more 'sample' music used in Hollywood previews and is thus very dramatic and martial.

http://youtu.be/EDySgeN3l7A

http://youtu.be/LRLdhFVzqt4
    ha-HA! 2 steps from hell eh?

and so it begins:

I've a few soundtracks which were done for a Battle for Middle-earth mod and which sound nice (imho), but idk anything about the author, so...copyright might be tricky.
    "Siehst du in des Waldes Grün feindlicher Gewehrmaschin?"
    - Peronje

"Der NKWD in Russland, der SD im Deutschland des Dritten Reiches und alle anderen Geheimpolizeiorganisationen ähnlicher Art sind Spielwiesen für Psychopathen, für Usurpatoren illegaler Macht über Millionen.
    Dort liegen die Krebsherde der modernen Gesellschaft."

aus "Holt Hartmann vom Himmel" Motorbuch Verlag Spezial 2007

Guys, is the music moddable by simply pasting the desired files into the music folder and overwriting the existing files? If so, then I am sorry for arguing.

No, it is not so easy! In the main RTW Forum there are tutorial how to change the music in game!

Look boys, we've already made our decision. We're going with Aneka's Japanese boy. And that's it.

... and if you don't like it there are many other mods out there!

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Joar
    Look boys, we've already made our decision. We're going with Aneka's Japanese boy. And that's it.
    Coool!! It is perfect for Aurelian & Zenobia!!! Joar you are a master!!!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

@ Joar: How do you find such terrible piece of music? On the other hand there is a very little possibility that you really like it, if yes please donīt be angry at me.

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    @ Joar: How do you find such terrible piece of music? On the other hand there is a very little possibility that you really like it, if yes please donīt be angry at me.
    I used to be a dj when I was younger, and you won't believe how much bad music one encounters in that line of work...

The music of Joar is perfect!!! It is so 1980s,.....but..Joar was a dj?!?......
    Quoting the words under joar's avatar: 'Now we know'!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    I used to be a dj when I was younger, and you won't believe how much bad music one encounters in that line of work...

But then you took a bad music in the ears ?

Silly skyrim jokes.

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Well if you are looking for eastern style music there is alwasy the menu music from M2TW Crusades expansion that's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    The music of Joar is perfect!!! It is so 1980s,.....but..Joar was a dj?!?......
    Yes, but I decided to quit before I became too misanthropic.

This group really produces some spectacular music.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast