Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mod Music

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Mod Music

I was thinking that maybe for some of the music in mod you could use the M2TW Crusades menu music or maybe Promentory from the Last of the Mohicans.

Default Re: Mod Music

We haven't thought about the music yet, but we'll take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks!

Music is a hard thing to do. Borrowing from other places like movies or other games is probably the easiest way to go about doing it.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Put something dramatic like you'd find in one of those old 'epics' the films might have been totally inaccurate but I liked them

Signature made by Joar

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Joar invited us to offer some musical suggestions, and after reading the post of Constantius and thinking about some old movie-musics and RTW Mods, I offer two suggestion and links;

-The first is quite obvious but IMHO remain the best music for Roman military themes: The Gladiator, the age in which the movie takes place is only about fifty years before the mid of the III c., the sound is heroic and the atmosphere is perfect, OK! it has already been much used, because in my opinion it is unsurpassed!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The second exemple is more a more elitist choice, it is from Musica Romana the great German group whose music was used by the guys of EB Mod, I found few exemples on youtube, interesting but....in a long campaign might be a little difficult the listening, in the first song a beautiful womans'voice sings a Latin song, my Italian Latin heart feel a very, very, very strong nordic and guttural accent, here, in Italy, the weather probably is too hot for this guttural accent, anyway I like the sound and the music and the language (a beautiful Germanic slave?), in the end we are speaking about III c. Roman world! Some germanic sound is more than correct!
    Please guys listen to these music tracks, the group is really great, they are the only musicians studying and composing ancient Roman sounds, we should support their good work!

I was almost forgetting! The link to the site of 'Musica Romana':

Fundamentum... nuff said. LoL

What about Ihatemonday classics ? May I suggest you look in the Soundmod of MArtin Von Carlstein in IBII CB .

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=493025

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

You are right Diocletianus, but I do not not know if Ihatemonday work is useful also for RO , so speaking about movies.... I felt that few quote of Gladiator could be useful, IMO it remain the best music for Roman age, especially III c..
    I saw the work of Martin von Carlstain (The Count Vampire of Warhammer TW? Great nik!) and the music is very good! The only one I find so so is that from Pretorians, but the other are fantastic!

P.S.: Super-great-wonderful-magnificent AAR!!!! good story, great battles I want more battles and blood!!!! Dear friend you are very quikly to learn!!! Continue your work I'll follow it!!

You are rigth about Gladiator ( I use it when I study history !). Thanks you for your comments !

The musical Romana samples are great,
    love it

Signature made by Joar

Did anyone bother to listen to mine? I suppose I was only half-joking about it, but I honestly don't think it would be bad for a trailer or something. The lyrics are pretty cool too.

I think it is too ''modern'' for the menu or the in game sound track but in a trailer it would fit yes.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    Did anyone bother to listen to mine? I suppose I was only half-joking about it, but I honestly don't think it would be bad for a trailer or something. The lyrics are pretty cool too.
    As said Diocletianus I find it a little too modern for the campaign, or every battle! OK for the trailer!

But remember Gallienus I'm a little 'ancient' so my tastes could be 'outdated'!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    As said Diocletianus I find it a little too modern for the campaign, or every battle! OK for the trailer!

But remember Gallienus I'm a little 'ancient' so my tastes could be 'outdated'!
    By ancient what do you mean? And I don't mean Ancient Roman or Greek, but what kind of music do you listen to?

Getting a little ancient myself

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    By ancient what do you mean? And I don't mean Ancient Roman or Greek, but what kind of music do you listen to?
    Sorry but I must give an answer to Gallienus, so only in this single post, I'll go a little off topic, I apologize with the moderators.

Today I find the Baroque Music, with its infinite variations, an 'Ancient' Music that is more 'modern' or better interesting for the most advanced developments of the electronic technologies and for the future, than great part of the 'modern' music that become 'old' after few years, because it borns 'old' having nothing of complex and intelligent in its composition and structure.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

I still say Promentory from Last of the Mohicans for maybe the menu music or trailer music.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

I think it is overused and too familiar, alas. I have downloaded a ton of stuff from Arcana and Two Steps From Hell which I play when writing the AAR. Arcana is especially good for a mix of atmospheric music with eastern ovetones (I believe the mod Broken Crescent uses some of it. Two Steps is more 'sample' music used in Hollywood previews and is thus very dramatic and martial.

http://youtu.be/EDySgeN3l7A

http://youtu.be/LRLdhFVzqt4

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    I still say Promentory from Last of the Mohicans for maybe the menu music or trailer music.
    Itīs a great song, which fits for the French and Indian War, but personally I canīt assign it to the ancient times.

Thanks for the links to interesting music SeniorBatavianHorse, I really like eastern theme music.

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

I think if Promentory was to be used, it would have to be maybe for the Gaelic/Scotti/Caledonii faction (if they are included) and in a limited fashion only. I think other soundtracks that would be appropriate would be from the 'recent' The Eagle and Centurion, which could also work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast