Page 97 of 145 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107122 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2890

Thread: My day sucks because

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

Default Re: My day sucks because

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Gotta study for driving school.

Road regulations are fun. NOT
    what road regulations? xD

but, my day suck because i accidentally deleted a 55 page (30'000) word document i was working on.
    Last edited by necronox; January 13, 2014 at 07:05 AM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

You're supposed to have backup and backup of backups, or put it under version control in case you accidentally deleted a paragraph.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Gotta study for driving school.

Road regulations are fun. NOT
    I failed my first exam. Most of the questions were signs and usual things like distance between cars, speed limits and such, but there were 5 crossroad questions, with drawn crossroad situation and you have to figure out who has the advantage of moving. Every one was a trick question, and you could afford to do only one wrong, or you fail the exam. I had two wrong the first time.

Much more problematic was actual driving exam. You depend on mood and temper of one man. I failed twice because the guy who decided if I pass didn't like me, and instead of 15-20 minutes of driving like everyone else he made me drive for 45 minutes until I made a mistake. Second time he denied me, he called me a horse and I had a few choice words about his extended family, and also I decorated his car with a key afterwards. It's not just that I failed, every exam was 50€.

Third time they sent another guy who was alright, 15 minutes of driving and we went for a beer, which he paid. Nice guy.
    Has signatures turned off.

I had to fail 5 times because of an incompetent instructor . It took the next instructor 10 hours to make up what the previous guy couldn't learn me in 2-3 months . And he did it .
    You depend on mood and temper of one man.
    So ing true .

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    I had to fail 5 times because of an incompetent instructor . It took the next instructor 10 hours to make up what the previous guy couldn't learn me in 2-3 months . And he did it .
    completely agree, i failed twice, the third time, the instructor(a different one) just said (on the warm up before the actual test), "just obey the signs, keep on the left, and don't hit anything" instead of blaberring on for ever about technical details (like the distance you should be from a car while stopped at a red light/stop sign. or that while parallel parking, your wheel should be no closer then 1 foot(~30.5cm) from the curb/gutter)

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    Second time he denied me, he called me a horse and I had a few choice words about his extended family, and also I decorated his car with a key afterwards. It's not just that I failed, every exam was 50€.
    Hahahahahahahahah thankyou I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Beautifully random.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

You must all be awful drivers, I passed first try, the examiner cried and said that was the most perfect driving he'd ever seen.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Indefinitely Banned

My car broke down .

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    I failed my first exam. Most of the questions were signs and usual things like distance between cars, speed limits and such, but there were 5 crossroad questions, with drawn crossroad situation and you have to figure out who has the advantage of moving. Every one was a trick question, and you could afford to do only one wrong, or you fail the exam. I had two wrong the first time.

Much more problematic was actual driving exam. You depend on mood and temper of one man. I failed twice because the guy who decided if I pass didn't like me, and instead of 15-20 minutes of driving like everyone else he made me drive for 45 minutes until I made a mistake. Second time he denied me, he called me a horse and I had a few choice words about his extended family, and also I decorated his car with a key afterwards. It's not just that I failed, every exam was 50€.

Third time they sent another guy who was alright, 15 minutes of driving and we went for a beer, which he paid. Nice guy.
    It's more or less the same thing here with the exception that signs are seen as too easy so they supplement with questions about mechanics questions and eco-friendly driving.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hahahahahahahahah thankyou I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Beautifully random.
    It's a minor insult in my language. Call that a friend and he won't notice, but if you call that a stranger, you mean to insult him. In rank of fool, moron or idiot.

If you thought that's random... after he called me a horse I told him to shove it in three vaginas of his mother. That is, unmistakenly, an insult.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Nothing can beat the sharp tongue and wit of a Balkaner.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Nothing can beat the sharp tongue and wit of a Balkaner.
    The Spanish-speaking world is also very good at insults, especially the highly sexual variety. It's the kind of stuff that would be considered grade-school bathroom humor in the US (I prefer a calm and clever battle of dry wits to sexually exaggerative exclamations), but on the whole it takes some creativity. For example, when working construction, it seems all the hispanic workers talk about is sex, and hurl graphic sexual insults in perpetuity (though one never talks about another's family, or will get real). One day working on a roof, somehow the conversation turned to life planning and wealth. Someone told me, "You are young, you can finish school, get a good job and get rich so you don't have to do this your whole life....besides, I need a new girlfriend - you are (all used up)," to which I replied, "yes, and when I die I will give you all my money since you always give the best BJs." At which point everyone roared with laughter. I thought I was clever, but not all that funny in that instance. Different cultural humor I suppose.....
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Personnally, i prefer french when it comes to swearing, i love how you can swear at someone and insult the out of them while the being polite, plus, the words as so much better - you can string up together so creatively. Fantastic.

mind you i do generally love the french language as a whole. especially the Patois. xD

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Scotland must be the master of friendly insulting, it is considered quite normal to use one of the strongest expletives in English as a replacement for "someone".
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

My friends and I used to constantly insult each others' mothers. It got to the point that we would casually talk about how they had raised prices etc. It was a pretty stupid period in our lives.
    Last edited by Hobbes; January 14, 2014 at 04:37 PM.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I always greet my friends by calling them dickheads, pricks, , or Berkeley Hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by necronox View Post
    Personnally, i prefer french when it comes to swearing, i love how you can swear at someone and insult the out of them while the being polite, plus, the words as so much better - you can string up together so creatively. Fantastic.

mind you i do generally love the french language as a whole. especially the Patois. xD
    I could I say I dislike French, but that has more do with the fact that I utterly failed to learn it beyond a very rudimentary stage. For some reason, Spanish is almost second nature, but French is a chore. Je ne sais pas pour quoi.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Do you people actually learn languages in classes? Every language class I've ever taken didn't seem in any way intent on having you be a capable speaker of said language at the end of it's course, far from fluent obviously.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

I can say a few sentences in German after 8 years learning it in school, though I finished school 10 years ago and didn't use it nor hear it almost at all since then. I tried watching those few German TV series we have, but they're too bad.

About 5 years of English in half-serious language school over 15 years ago. But exposed to English daily and here I am. Learned it best by watching Cartoon Network.

So no, you can't fully learn a language only from school. You need to at least hear it for years, if not actively use it, to be able to say more than few basic sentences.

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by necronox View Post

I hate French insult so much, especially the "espèce de insert body part, animal, vegetable, etc here" variety. And it doesn't take too much time spent in a Montreal club to get tired of hearing tabarnac, cul, con, calvaire, osti, and the classic and sadly underused sacré bleu.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    Do you people actually learn languages in classes? Every language class I've ever taken didn't seem in any way intent on having you be a capable speaker of said language at the end of it's course, far from fluent obviously.
    I'm fluent in French because I took French in school from grade 1 to the end of high school, because I live somewhat close to Quebec. Lots of French people where I live, tv shows, advertisements, street signs, teachers, etc. I think it's pretty difficult, if not impossible, to become fluent in a language in under a few years if you aren't completely immersed in it.