Page 44 of 145 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950515253546994144 ... LastLast

Thread: My day sucks because

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: My day sucks because

Bring up an incredibly awkward topic and just keep em flowing till its too much too handle.

I have returned

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Would work with strangers, but not with both friends I have to see again, and business clients. Not smart.

Today sucks because I told my mom next time to be brief and don't small talk. Now she's offended because she thinks I told her she's annoying and won't let people go. And once she gets offended there's no reasoning with her and will remember what you said for next 30 years. Best don't talk with her for three days till she gets in a better mood.
    Has signatures turned off.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Just leave her alone for the next 30 days.

We were writing a test exam(its put together by the school from exams in previous years and a few new tasks added in) in maths today. Im certain im going to get a negative mark. At least tomorrow its history exam were writing

Indefinitely Banned

I haven't learned anything for my history exam 2morrow

a negative grade.........
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

again...

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Negative means you unlearned stuff from before I assume.

We have that. The teacher beats you until you forget the little you learned from that chapter so you have to start again. Some dont survive.

I have returned

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Tough but fair
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 18, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

It occurs in the court yard area so it provides the rest of us with some lunch time entertainment.

I have returned

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

...and yet you are in a history based forum with lots of educational games as our main theme (which all happen to be about history).

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Our history in the school books is all about gay paintings and china the tableware. I would have had interest if I could afford them. Why memorize the names and about stuff that you can never have?

Ours involves copious ammounts of political movements, many many armed groups and then the importance of someone who is often overlooked in our history like countess markievicz or the apprentice boys

I have returned

Patrician

I remember Canadian history in grade 10, so ing boring I wanted to nuke Canada. Only really good parts were 1812, World War 1 and 2 and then it became boring again.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

In junior level history we learned all the basics like the Celts, Martin Luther, the Reformation, the Plantations, the Renaissance, Industrial Revolution and then World War 2 (or what we had, the Emergancy),1916 Easter Rising, the Irish Citizen Army, the UVF, the IRA, involvement in WW1, the War of Independance, the Ceasefire, Free State Treaty, Partition of Ireland, the Civil War, the LeMass goverment, Celtic Tiger, rise of Fianna Fail and Fianna Gael, decline of Sinn Féin, the Troubles, power sharing in Stormont and the Ireland in the modern world.

I have returned

Patrician

We learnt from 1500s until the Cold War in Grade 12 history, but that was only with the good teacher, with the other teacher we only made it until the industrial revolution and Marx.

Indefinitely Banned

our history relies on how we stomped the ottomans and how they stomped us after and repeat it again and again

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

You just described Romanian history too.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

We have especially much to lean arout WWI, need to know all 3 different governments that were ready to take power in the country at the same time. There were power shifts all over, like the communists almost taking over the country leaving only about 1/20th in Latvian/German hands, then Latvian forces(about 5000 men at that time) along with germans pushed communists back, then the germans turned on Latvians and they were defeated by joint Latvian/Estonian forces, after that the defeated german forces joined the west russian army which was organized by Entenete to restore Imperial Russia, but their general Bermandt was loyal to Germans who wanted to control Latvia, so they again turned on us and were defeated only trough heavy fighting in Riga. So yeah thats a lot of stuff going on in about 1 - 2 years.

We just finished up on WWII are now starting on post WWII and cold war world. Imagine it will be not as interesting.

Oh yea, we also had test exam in history, im pretty positive I did well, should post in my day was awsome thread tho

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Meh, my history stops being interesting after Simon Bolivar die. From then on to this day is just corruption scandal after corruption scandal with ever increasing corrupt idiots trying to hold their rotten roots in the power. The only modern guy that is worth to look upon is Marcos Perez Jimenez, the hospitals and highways he built almost 60 years ago are the ones that are still operative today, the country had a rate of almost zero common crime and most people reckon those were real good days, the down side, he was also a brutal dictator that stomped on dissidents really hard.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

stomped on dissidents really hard.
    We need that. And also our history after the Lemass goverment seems to involve alot of brown envelope, under the table dealings up until the point our economy crashed and we are where we are now.

I have returned