Page 39 of 145 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445464748496489139 ... LastLast

Thread: My day sucks because

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: My day sucks because

Why did you get any dental work? I just need my wisom teeth out so it's not that bad.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Ohhh man, you are in for pain. I made the doctor take my 4 wisdom tooth at once. One got particularly nasty and the guy spent like an hour only on that one.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Patrician

now you're scaring me, my biggest fear is when they get you high some people do or say really stupid things. I'm hoping I won't start doing that as well.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

you'll admit your communist leanings and the black suits will swoop in on you within the hour.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Or he dies of bloodloss once the tooth is pulled.

Patrician

But I'm right wing anti-Communist, what?
    Unless they're trying to set me up, oh God!

Thanks for having my back Ferdiad, geez, now I'm afraid of loosing a tooth.

Don't worry money, it's a fairly simple procedure, and if all is right and you have a recent panoramic xray of your mouth the doctor will know exactly what to do and it will be quick and fairly painless, until the anesthetic pass away, then it will be painfull, not nothing intolerable.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Patrician

Do I get drugs to wait out the pain? Can I miss school?

Yeah you will. The anesthetic will be injected directly on your mouth right before the procedure (don't worry is actually less painless than getting a flu shoot in your arm) and then after the procedure most likely than not you will get some painkillers prescribed. Also, yes, in my case I got a full week off from work, pretty sure you will get something like that too.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Why did you get any dental work?
    I got 4 teeth and alot of roots including a shattered molar taken out under anesthetic
    Braces
    And in the future will have re constructive jaw surgery.

My teeth were really bent and crowded.
    When I was like 5 one dentist wanted to remove all my baby teeth. My mam was like that and brought me to a sane dentist.

I got a day off for the anesthetic. They cart you to theater, put a mask on, you count to 20 (you never make it) and you wake up in recovery a few hours later. These people know what they are doing. In my case the anesthetic had very little after effects. I wasnt over drowsy and I was alert and I was 9 at the time.
    Last edited by Shea O'Gorath; February 10, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

I have returned

Oh right, there's also the inhaled anesthetic. My doc used an injected one but yeah, there's also the gas thing. The injected got some after effects, but the drowsiness only lasted like an hour or two.

The injections here are only a local anesthetic for part of the mouth

I have returned

Here is the regular stuff. The doctors rather to use local anesthetics instead of general ones. They deemed it as more safety, it scape me if that's true but meh, don't really care.

Oh yea the local anesthetic is used as standard in all dental practices across the country.
    Since my case was rather bad I had to go to the general hospital and be put under an anesthetic there.

I have returned

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Money, the slight pain of the anaesthetic being injected will probably be worse than actually getting the teeth removed.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Unless he's gasses. Then its fun times all round.

I have returned

Patrician

I had stuff injected into my mouth to pull out a tooth that wouldn't come out on its own. Guy just hammered it and it came out. Though I think he just said he "had" to do it so the insurance would give him money.

Would you prefer he pulled it without anesthetic?

I have returned

Patrician

No, the tooth was loose and he probably didn't need it to be pulled out. Should have fallen on its own, but it was like that for 2 weeks so I don't know why that baby tooth hadn't come out.

the tooth was loose
    it was like that for 2 weeks
    Though I think he just said he "had" to do it
    Sounds like he did have to do it. Trust me they can come out but leave roots behind.

I have returned