Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595120135136137138139140141142143144145
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 2890

Thread: My day sucks because

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: My day sucks because

Quote Originally Posted by Bo1Bo1Sha3 View Post
    You didn't mention its name, you don't wish to call it by what it is? I won't press further, there must be a good reason.
    Oh I lived in New Taipei City. But it's the same everywhere in Taiwan. Except less crowded and hotter in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Local Hong Kong government controls land use and the release of new areas for development, as I recall, ensuring that prices remain high, and that system is a holdover from the colonial period, though now it's possible that Mainland magnates with Politburo connections are now acquiring a piece of the pie.
    I can understand private owners' reason for that. But the government?!
    Last edited by AqD; March 04, 2019 at 05:51 AM.

As I understand it, the colonial government and the Hong Kong elite understood how to keep each other happy, one way was to maintain real estate values.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

After being wake up by the sound of what seemed was a intruder trying to break in, yesternight the wife and I had a talk. Under siege by mosquitoes in a pitch black room and a vaporous heat we whispered not to wake up Pedro. We are leaving, papers or not, we are leaving. I'll said it a hundred times, I'll be here until the day I can't. The Colombian consulate here close down it's doors and left the town (and probably the country) so we couldn't get pete passport.

We haven't figured out where to go, but we are leaving. The two options are either Colombia or Chile. I would love Canada but that would require so much money is mind boggling for us right now, also she doesn't talk either english or french so... also it's the fact we both have plenty of family and friends in Chile which might lend us a couch a few nights.

We'll sell everything we haven't already and gather the money, the only way to do it is thought land, it's a roughly seven day bus ride once we are in the border with Colombia. By land it like 300$ each, by air it would be at least double that and pete never got his passport so I think he can't travel by air.

Anyway, the days that follow will be beyond hectic and it probably take us months to gather everything but we are done. I feel like betraying my country, but I'm done.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Manflu. You guys know what I mean...feels like my nose became a conduit to fluidic space, I have a headache reaching down to my face, and generally feeling like I'm dying.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Good luck Baal! Don't feel bad. Any patriotism you might feel is just Stockholm syndrome.

I lost another glove today! Two from different pairs this week! What's wrong with me??

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    I lost another glove today! Two from different pairs this week! What's wrong with me??
    This is good news, you now have a new pair of gloves with trendily contrasting styles for each hand

Indefinitely Banned

I have no friends .

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Shogun Panther View Post
    I have no friends .
    We are here!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

For what is worth, yeah, we are here. Feel free to pm anytime, just be patient, not every day I have electric power AND internet.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

And don't forget to write in advance if you'll be passing through Czech Republic on your trip. We gotta go grab a beer...