Thread: My day sucks because

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Default Re: My day sucks because

Jebus June is basically over already, it feels like 2014 just started, at this pace by next Wednesday I'll be 80 year old on my death bed whining about the ethnic nurses stealing my pills and jello.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    My bother in law got assaulted on a government bank that was supposedly be a anti-assault office. They took a cellphone and about one year salary of his savings.
    government bank has been taken??

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Robbed, yeah. Mind it's an office where you physically can't enter with nothing made of metal because of a revolving door with a metal detector that jams the door second it detects anything metallic, yet two guys entered sporting weapons and fleed quickly.

See, this one of many banks owned by the government, yes, the very same government that says everything is alright and crime is nothing but a evil capitalist, imperial lie of the right wing press, but on the other hand fortifies it's banks as war bunkers... and fails at doing so as my brother in law sadly found out. The good thing is that he's alright physically, thought economically he's done for the year sadly, it will take a lot of work for him to back up from this.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

wait, aren't banks responsible for what's stored there? why would this cause any loss to him??

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

That depends, is it a private owned bank? or a state owned bank?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

It's a state bank. He was going to make a deposit, transferring the money from another bank to this one, but since the robbers strike before he made the deposit, apparently the bank is not liable for the money, even when it was stolen in it's supposedly ultra-safe (and wholesome chore to get in) premises. I have been to that bank before personally. It took me like 15 minutes to get in, I finally had to take off my working boots and enter barefoot because the metal detector wont let me in even with my cell phone.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Patrician

Screwed by the banks yet again!

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Yep. You are supposed to leave everything remotely ferric, up to your cellphone into a locker on the lobby of the bank. Then how to ing idiots got inside whit weapons escapes my mind.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Maybe they were plastic weapons and pretending they were real. Or did the actually fire the weapons? Bar that the system can be disengaged so maybe they had someone on the inside helping them. If the banks is a secure as you say then this robbery had to be planned in order to stand even a remote chance.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; June 27, 2014 at 06:36 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dunno yet, my inlaw said they where the real deal, I believe him. He told me one of the guys held the gun against his forehead and he felt the cold metal. It's really weird but not uncommon at all. Banks here get robbed every day.

Patrician

Geez banks, epic fail. That happens in Colombia but certainly a lot less.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Why did he have to withdraw money first in order to make a transfer? Shouldn't he just fill a form and let bank do the whole procedure??

Dunno, it was something that required him to make a cash deposit... yeah, knuckle dragging banks.

Patrician

Maybe the bank staged the robbery themselves? Insurance money maybe? Or maybe they didn't want to pay up to their customers. It has happened before.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

The little girl no longer talks to me and I'm frustrated at work

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

I did this

... and I found out I was supposedly a Greek American wrestler who had three wives, the last of them being one of the nurses in the old folks hospital.
    Also, the guy was fat.

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Oh my lord, it seems I was a consigliere for the Gambinos.

On another note I walked up and down the same hill today because I did not know I was already close to my destination.
    shum

Holly crap, I was Karl Höller, that explains why I'm so white and always root for Germany on the World Cup.

Also my day sucks balls because my aunt and two little cousins departed today towards Panama, never to return as long this country is so ed up.... I surely ing hate this government.

Patrician

I was Flavius Aetius and Charles V of HRE apparently.

You know I'm not really seeing it. You think I could reclaim all of my former Hapsburg lands?

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    You know I'm not really seeing it. You think I could reclaim all of my former Hapsburg lands?
    I don't get it. Were you born in 1558 ?