Thread: My day sucks because

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: My day sucks because

Is Baal dead yet?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I sincerely hope not. But seriously, he should scram to a non-volatile region till the unrest dies down.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Patrician

I agree, that's what I did.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    I was blessed with oversized knees so I guess that might have helped.

Anyway, must stop buying games I'll never play. Had to go and buy the rockstar bundle on gamersgate, got GTA4 which I already had just not for computer, episodes from Liberty city, LA Noire and DLC, and Max Payne 3. I'll never play any I'm sure.
    I know something about this issue, it's a sort of compulsory shopping desease that only affects bored videogamers in their late 20s or early 30s, 'till they realize that they do not have time to play so much and that no other games will be as great as those who entertained them when they were lads.

anyway, I must do something about my hernia(s), as it is killing me today and I can't simply stop doing things because of the pain, I'm such a busy man!

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Yeah lol it's like, yay cheap games must buy all the games I ever could want. Then I never feel like playing them.

My stupid dog got lose this morning, spent two hours driving around looking for him, only to find he was in a marina right next door, after they fished him out of the canal.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Logios's Avatar Senator

I was called in for two "second-round" job interviews last week, and just got the message that I am not getting hired for any of the positions.

Blog Entries

console yourself Logios, I had to work till 10:30 pm yesterday night (darn new price lists), sometimes I wish I could lose my job once and for all and go back to be a farmer

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Logios View Post
    I was called in for two "second-round" job interviews last week, and just got the message that I am not getting hired for any of the positions.
    On the bright side at least they told you. Most companies don't do you that courtesy and just leave you waiting two weeks for their call.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    console yourself Logios, I had to work till 10:30 pm yesterday night (darn new price lists), sometimes I wish I could lose my job once and for all and go back to be a farmer

I know the feeling. I often feel happiest when I am outside doing yardwork in the sunshine.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

My boss has given me a of work as someone has told him that I'm "bored because you are soooo much quicker than them" and would badmouthe the company.

Thanks. Was always my favourite choice of wasting weekends.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

My neighbor is painting her wall and now the whole place smells . This morning there was also some construction work right in front of our office, with noise loud enough to drive people nuts.

It's damned 21st century already, yet people still can't do clean and health painting or silent construction, by laser or something.

This world is so full of , dirt, noise and ugliness. I wish it will collapse tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post

I worked from 13:00 till 05:30 . Such fun it was .

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

OMG! Are you living in China?

Be careful for what you wish for...
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    OMG! Are you living in China?
    I work in Sweden .

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

So you're a chinese working in Sweden? Or illegal immigrant?

Patrician

Baal! Baaaaal! Hey Baal where are you man?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    I know the feeling. I often feel happiest when I am outside doing yardwork in the sunshine.
    soon or later, that is going to be MY life.. I'm really tired of all this useless running around to do business just to save the day, there is really nothing for me in the kind of job I'm doing, as at any rate the industry in my country is already doomed.
    This year I've quite completely reworked my wineyard, planted 180 new grapewines (for a total of 330 actually, going to add 150 more next year) + variuos fruit trees (cherries, plum trees, apples) and I'm now designing the new position for the orchard and evaluating to add a small greenhouse too. I'm not getting any rest since december, but I don't care .. if I can succeed in building up this small farm in a couple of years I will make it my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    My boss has given me a of work as someone has told him that I'm "bored because you are soooo much quicker than them" and would badmouthe the company.

Thanks. Was always my favourite choice of wasting weekends.
    aww man, if I can add a pice of advice about job: never ever let the bosses or the colleagues know that you are really good or fast, if you have finished your work day just sit and stay silent; futrhemore, never do more than what they ask you, if it is 6, do 6, because if you let them be accustomed for you to make 10, when you'll do 8 they will complain, heavily. This does not look very professional, I know, but nobody is really professional and the company only look to exploit you, really.

Back on topic, monday again, I HATE mondays, after two days doing what I like they remind me of tmy life as an Export Manager..

How about you, AqD? Taiwanese Chinese or expatriate in Taiwan? And it does beg the question, is Lord Baal alright?

EDIT: He's OK. He posted in the "Crisis at Venezuela" thread today.
    Last edited by napoleon boneaparte; March 03, 2014 at 04:54 AM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Taiwanese of course.

Is Baal missing? He should have listened to my advice