Thread: My day sucks because

Default Re: My day sucks because

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    My day sucks because I have not enough bread to be proportional with the meat I have ...
    ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶d̶i̶c̶u̶l̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶p̶o̶i̶l̶t̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶t̶,̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶ h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶w̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶d̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶!̶ ̶
    I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶h̶o̶n̶o̶u̶r̶a̶b̶l̶e̶!̶

Edit: Damn, never mind that, I read it "My dad sucks because". LOL
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; October 13, 2014 at 04:53 PM.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Even if he did write dad, maybe his dad simply ate too much bread? Jumping to conclusions like that isn't healthy.
    Has signatures turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    Even if he did write dad, maybe his dad simply ate too much bread? Jumping to conclusions like that isn't healthy.
    Would still be wrong. A son without a father is nothing, he doesn't even exist.

Tell that to people who grew up without fathers.

Tell that to people who grew up without fathers.
    Someone must have taken the role of a father. Nobody can feed himself alone from birth to adulthood.

So in your world father is the one who brings food on the table, even if the father is a single mother or orphanage. Enjoy in your world, I'm done discussing this.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Joseph von Habsburg View Post
    Would still be wrong. A son without a father is nothing, he doesn't even exist.
    Huh? My dad went to hell when I was like 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Huh? My dad went to hell when I was like 6 or 7.
    Then your mother fed you, or your uncle, like I said, someone will take that position, but you by yourself can't survive at that age. And everyone must be thankful for that.

So in your world father is the one who brings food on the table, even if the father is a single mother or orphanage. Enjoy in your world, I'm done discussing this.
    Yes, exactly. You are missing my point, perhaps I didn't express myself quite well, I didn't mean exactly father alone, but also mother, uncle, orphanage, anyone who willing give his sweat to make you grow up and live. Family is the most important thing on earth, I have no regard for a person who comes to a stranger to complain about his family, it is so low and dishonourable, not that it was the case, I said it was just a mistake, I read it wrong, Jesus Christ, can't you all move on with this?
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; October 14, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Joseph von Habsburg View Post
    Then your mother fed you, or your uncle, like I said, someone will take that position, but you by yourself can't survive at that age. And everyone must be thankful for that.
    My mom did. Why should I be thankful for that? I didn't ask to be born.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Anyone ever noticed in life just comes in weird little waves? Last week I learned a chick I was with earlier this year killed herself, now the other day a old gf from years ago contacts me with a bunch of bs. Eh
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

What happened to her?

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Me and this other guy were doing a presentation in class today so I went first. Not too many people were answering my questions and it was really quiet in the room. I'm seriously disturbed that so many people in the room couldn't answer how the passage shows an urban/cosmopolitan culture within the Abbasid Caliphate. I mean honestly the reading talked about auctions and commerce, urban poverty, mosques and how the community responded to a crisis and somehow that's not enough?

But that's not even the bad part; I went on asking my seven questions then when I finished speaking the teacher just cut in randomly and started speaking for the last 25 minutes. The guy I was with barely even got a chance to speak at all because of this so I have no idea how this terrible presentation is going to affect our grade. Then again I'm usually the one answering questions so I guess the fact that I couldn't answer, me being the one asking was noticeably different. But it's really unsettling when you think you have some good questions and all you get are blank stares for over 20 minutes, I wonder how many people even read the text book. I even had to say "oh and the answer is on page such and such" for most of it. Hopefully my partner won't get penalized cause after all the teacher cut us off when it was his turn to speak.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

History in university? Are your books like Cambridge Histories? They're quite awful to read, full of opinions, descriptions of observation and non-conclusive nonsense and they're too long. A huge waste of my time when I was doing modding.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

What happened to her?
    Were you talking to me?

And I'm never getting drunk off wine again. Mother er the hangover just doesn't go away.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Patrician

History in university? Are your books like Cambridge Histories? They're quite awful to read, full of opinions, descriptions of observation and non-conclusive nonsense and they're too long. A huge waste of my time when I was doing modding.
    No we don't use the Cambridge history.
    For my Middle East course we use "A History of Islamic Societies" by Ira Lapidus for our text book.
    I haven't really formulated my own opinion of the Cambridge history series other than that they're really long. Although I have found them useful for understanding Chinese and Japanese history to some extent. It's like an encyclopedia which is pretty good to have a book like that I think.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Wasted my whole day fixing Chinese input problem with our software.

East Asian languages, why don't they just die?

Patrician

I thought Mao tried Latin characters but it didn't really work out.
    So they switched to simplified characters rather than traditional.
    But you live in Taiwan so do you work with the Traditional or Simplified characters?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Traditional of course. Simplified characters are no better, since the structure is essentially the same. The entire language family sucks with computers and math.

Back in the days of win95/98 the Chinese fonts were so big that they could take half a minute to load on Linux desktop (unlike M$ they didn't bother to optimize whole system for stupid Asian languages); And showing them on webpage would bog down the entire computer because its glyphs are too complex to draw and not enough RAM to cache so many of them.
    Last edited by AqD; November 05, 2014 at 01:33 PM.

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

My pants gave up climbing in a taxi.

Superglue cant fix it. Where can I find a cloth store near my office :banghead:
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Eats, shoots, and leaves.