Thread: My day sucks because

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: My day sucks because

People in China can see far less.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Then we can breathe easy.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Then we can breathe easy.

So can the Politburo

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Tried 4 shower heads today and none of them work. The water coming out is either too pressured & focused or too weak and spread out, and none of them can do both well, with or without switches.

Just ordered the last one I can find locally. If it doesn't work tomorrow I'll have to buy the damn expensive Korean shower head which seems to be proven working, but it comes with overpriced filter and nasty oil containing vitamin C (no idea WTF it's meant for).

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

To have a nicer skin?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

but shower is supposed to wash oil away!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

The last shower head can push water much further and also spread out in acceptable range, but its 300 water streams are too thin to be useful for cleansing. It feels good though.

Now I really have to order the Korean one 'll post a review tomorrow since it's damn overpriced for a shower head....

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

ed up the prototype demonstration today..... should have spent 2 weeks on it instead of 1

My day sucks because people forgot the existence of this thread....

Let's bring it back again.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Let's bring it back again.
    I don't sound mean, but you were(are) the godfather of this thread, with your rants about Venezuela.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Baal have you escaped yet? I hope you did. Don't be the last one on a sinking ship!

Patrician

There's only so long I can complain without tiring myself. I mean I could make a list but it would take a while.

Also poor French people.

Heheheh the godfather. I'm still planning my "scape". And eventually it all became so overwhelming it's futile trying to keep up with all the crap going on. The most recent scandal is the the presidential family involved in cocaine smugling. Yep that's Venezuela for you.

Edit: And yes, it's horrible what's going on in France, also on Syria and middle east in general. Stupid ISIS and all those ing radicals, they should all simply kill themselves to meet their creator. What's sucks even more is that all that crap is simply a few motherers using religion in it's most stupid facet as an excuse to control moronic people to fight for them, all really to attain control of the huge drug fields in Afghanistan, Syria and what not....
    Last edited by Lord Baal; November 15, 2015 at 05:21 PM.

Yay! I got a pay raise.... so why in the my day sucks thread? I'm earning a whole 35 bucks now (minus like 5 dollars in taxes)...

... per month... in a place where most things cost as much (if not more) than your regular American or European city. So, as a few examples I can't buy new quality shoes, or clothes or much really, that's it, beside local grown food. I wouldn't mind that much because honestly I'm not a demanding person regarding material things and let just say there are a lot of people having a worst time than me. However the ever growing list of things that are also out of my pocket's reach now include medicine, proper medical care in case of serious illness(thank God my wife and I are relatively healthy) and a house of our own.

That's not taking into account the living conditions under rampant crime and impunity of about 90% on all crimes, which encourage further crime and the decaying services, country wide. At least gas is cheap and I was lucky enough to buy a car before all went to hell (even further).

Sometimes I just feel like simply sending all to hell and go into the wild to live off the land with my wife. Our living standards wouldn't be that much affected and probably would even improve in some areas. It's chronicish depressing and is starting to get to me too.

As I already told, there's has been a change in the politics recently as we gained a notable foothold on our version of congress, but the executive and legal powers remain within firm grasp of the idiots that actively try to destroy the country if only to be kings of the ashes. Their latest movement has been handling over the rights of mining and oil and natural gas exploitation to the ministry of defense. So now the country is effectively ran by the military, having both the weapons and the money. Yay...

Sometimes I have a laugh at the reminiscence of my life as someone living in the Imperium from Warhamer 40K. It's like living in a more or less (more less than more) civilized world where you can live happily as long you don't need/want anything from off-world. Food and very basic clothing is at your reach, but all those expensive mechanicum tech and medicines? Nay, they are for the planetary government and nobility, health or safety is a luxury not meant for simple civilians after all. Crime is tolerated as long doesn't affect the lords directly and basically you are at your own wits while the ruling class doesn't care a bit for you, unless you are in their way, which will not end up good for you.

Anyway, a lot of people are getting the hell out in what has been already described as a diaspora. I have lost people both to violent crime and emigration, at least the ones that got away still have the chance to fight for a better future for their own and their children.

I haven't expressed any of this before, at least not to the extent I'm doing it right now. This past week the worries for me derived mostly from an unexpected pregnancy(which turned out to be a false alarm, again) and the future of my family, specially an infant, because things like pediatric medicine and baby food is among those luxuries people can't easily afford, if at all. At the same time we have government officials traveling to the darn neighbor countries to do ing groceries shopping simply to avoid the massive lines we are forced to do to have an opportunity at buying affordable food.

I was worried that if my wife were to be pregnant she then won't be able to do the lines while I'm working, so I'll have to start doing them, which then would endanger my job, which I need to make money to buy food. It's quite a puzzle. Oh and then not only food lines but diaper and baby food ones would be needed.

With a little luck the baby wouldn't had need especial food beside breast milk so baby food wouldn't be needed. But disposable diapers are a must. Because even when we could use reusable diapers there's not detergent to do the laundry for it. I just asked a few days ago the price for a small bag of detergent (less than 1 kg or around 2 lb), it cost the equivalent of 1.6 bucks, which may sound suppa cheap for you, sure, but then again consider that I earn the equivalent to more or less 30 bucks, so I have to work about under two day's to buy that small bag.

My insurance which covers medical care for up to a total whopping of 70 bucks wouldn't cover the birth expenses that are around 500 bucks on a private clinic. Sure, it could sound cheap for you, but for me that's more than one whole year of work for me...

Thanks to the Emperor she turned out not pregnant, even when despite all the above we where both happy of finally having a baby. All this is leaves only a frustrating mixture of despair and rage. Hopefully some day things will improve.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 17, 2016 at 06:54 AM.

Patrician

Don't worry Baal one day we shall conquer Colombia and Venezuela and achieve reunification and call this glorious state.... Grand Colombia (or Greater Colombia... Greatest Colombia?), I came up with the name myself. Then we will desecrate Hugo Chavez's grave because it's hilarious.

Oda! Thanks for your kind words. I do wish to at least dance upon his grave. But for now I settle for a better future for my family. The option for leaving to Panama in case of dire need is on the table, now permanently. However it's kind of a break in case of emergency thing. My north is, quite literally going to Canada. Currently learning French by my own and looking for classes for the wife and me because we wold like to go to Quebec. Any recommendations?

Patrician

At the moment Canada is becoming a fest and due to the economic issues a mere university student like me doesn't have much of a chance surviving in the current economy (like working at Walmart or McDonald's) and moving to a larger city like Ottawa and Toronto wouldn't be much better in terms of job options. Honestly I'm considering leaving Canada for say Colombia at least temporarily.
    I don't mean to offend but since you are a computer programmer in Venezuela I assume that there must be some of these programmers in Canada who are much more experienced in programming and using the better software so it doesn't help you job wise. That said you at least have the government watching out for you but in this economy I don't know for how long they will be able to provide for you and any set up they can give you would most likely be temporarily before you run out of money.
    Also you have to account the severe climate difference which most people have a hard time adjusting to (I guarantee that you will get sick within the first month or two of your arriving here).
    If you think Panama is better for you then that might be a better option. At the moment I would say that Canada should be a last option for you but I'm just someone speaking from the ground level, I don't know if or how the economy will improve but I'm fairly skeptical as I've seen many people leave my town, people lose their jobs and businesses close down.

In the meantime, try not to get pregnant.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

My day sucks because I have to make a whole bunch of spreadsheets at work and I don't like excel. I'm not really a spreadsheet type of person. I'd rather go for a walk and see some trees. On the plus side, it's 2.30pm here. I finish work in two hours, and then I can go home.