Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 29 79 104 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2642

Thread: My day sucks because

♔atthias♔'s Avatar Citizen

Default Re: My day sucks because

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Back home, my favourite cat, Squid, went missing for 2 days. He was found earlier today, but was in pretty rough shape, and had some internal abdominal injuries and a very low core body temperature. He seemed to be on the mend, but a couple of hours ago, my parents and sister got called back to the vet and found out Squid's internal injuries were worse than first thought. Long story short, he got euthanised. So my day sucks.
    SUCKS a ton really sorry to hear this
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Ohh well, were to start... basically I woke up feeling faint, with a harsh headache and very, very dizzy. The wife insists I should eat more as this could be related to the diminished food intake, it could be, but more food for me means less for her and our baby (since she's breast feeding), so that won't happen, I'll eat more properly once I'm sure she and the bay have plenty.

It's a really sad state of affairs the point we are now. I'm not specially sad because of my situation or how I feel, but I'm sad and worried about how my wife feels about all this, and about the fact literally millions of people here in my country are facing this same exact kind of choices every day.

As for me, simply have to man up and be grateful I'm not supposed to drive or operate heavy machinery for work. Taking plenty of water should carry me through the day.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Flinn's Avatar Dude-O!
    Content Director Citizen

dude, that sounds terrible.. I do have a daughter and I can barely get to the end of the month with my salary, so I understand the feeling, even though I'm not to the point yet to decide if me or my partner is going to eat today

can't you really renounce to anything else to save up few more money for your belly?

besides, are you 100% sure that this is due to reduced feeding? Never underestimate an health issue mate, maybe it's worth to consider if it's coming from something different

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 of the Imperial House of Hader.

Well the past two months 100% of my income has been for food. I was late two months on services (water, electricity and internet) until past friday. I have skimped a lot of things to save for food but in hyperinflation is simply impossible. Now I have about two years simply trying to scape from here but things have become far worst in the last couple of months.

I'm pretty sure it could be less eating. But I'm 5.8727 feet tall (1m 79cm) with a current weight of around 176 pounds (80 kg). I can still afford to lose some more weight, considering I was around 98 kg last december it might not even be all negative.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Flinn's Avatar Dude-O!
    Content Director Citizen

While here we are stepping into what can be considered medical advices (forbidden, in general) let me tell you: loosing weight fast and without any control is NEVER good

other than that I can only wish you the best mate

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 of the Imperial House of Hader.

Thanks pal! I'm still not done and keep on going. Only thinking about my little boy makes me smile and recharges my batteries!

If you're trying to outlast the current socio economic situation, I donno.

The regime isn't going to collapse anytime soon, since they seem to be able to suborn specific opposition politicians, and are financially and militarily backed by the Chinese Politburo.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar Citizen

I am sorry to hear this Lord Baal no parent should have to do this to keep his baby fed
    I pray for you

PS if there is anything i can do shoot me a message I will do what I can please if you really need to do!!!
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thanks! I really appreciate all your good wishes. It's not all bad however.

My dog is dying. Got some kind of epileptic seizure in the evening, and it lasted intermittently until now (10 AM). He's unresponsive, just lays there twitching occassionally. Taking him to the vet once it's open, but...it can end only one way.

So much for Christmas.

That seriously sucks. How old is the dog? What race it is?

If is young don't give up just yet, epilepsy on dogs is not that rare (more common on some breeds than others) and maybe the vet can put him on medication so the dog can keep on living a regular life.

He was from shelter, aboit 15-16 years old. And the epilepsy turned out to be induced by liver failure. There wasn't anything we could do.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Well I'm sure he enjoyed the love of a caring family all this time! Sadly, most than many dogs have. He's in a better place now pal.

NorseThing's Avatar Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    He was from shelter, aboit 15-16 years old. And the epilepsy turned out to be induced by liver failure. There wasn't anything we could do.
    I hope you go back to one of the shelters and find a new companion when this ordeal is over. I am dealing with the same problem with an aging cat. Like me, his kidneys are getting close to being shot, his eyes are not good, his teeth are a problem, and he was a bit over weight before this started. Unlike me dialysis is not really a good option. It has taught me a bit about making the animal happy with the days left. I have resisted (due to being broke) the offers of the vets to perform magic for a steep price. End of life ordeals sucks even when it is an old pet.

Tales After the Crusade - a collection of shorter tales

Chapter 4 has now started -- also there is a poetic epilogue to Chapter 3

Thanks. These last few days have been gloomy.

We'll definitely pick another dog from shelter soon. The home just feels empty without one, after being used to having a dog around for so long.

Heh. Sorry for doublepost, but it took shorter time than I expected. Been away all day, and came home to a surprise named Leon. A mutt, probably belgian shepherd with something smaller.

I'm outta job.

Economy forcing business to cut people short and all that. They are consolidating the department to work remotely from the central office and I became useless. After 9 years (8 in one company and 1 in this one) I'll be with no job on a large company. We are planning on leaving this year but this is a huge hurdle. I hope I can manage to stave off starvation long enough to at least send my wife and baby out of here.

The reason we can't do that right now is the darn passports the government refuses to issue/renew because they are bastards, there's no other explanation. I keep exploring options on how to get passports but all involve money I don't really have around. The other is a overly complicated series of bureaucratic steeps for my wife to obtain the Colombian nationality, but even if we succeeded right now, as in today, the passport for her would take 6 months, and then 6 months for our baby and me, that's a whole year for the family to have passports. And we are far (months) from succeeding in it.

And as much my pride is hurt, it's time to accept this, and be honest with myself, we won't make it for another year, not here, not in good shape, not all of us.

I'm trying not to collapse.... and be strong for them. But things do look pretty grim. I'm already planning on selling the computer, the last tv, and my smartphone, also sell all but single pair of shoes, I need no more anyway.

She's also selling most her shoes, and this is specially painful on a personal level. It brakes my heart she has to do that, she really like her shoes, far more than the average woman which is already saying a lot.

In this bleak life we are enduring right now I really can't give her what she truly deserves materially, we go months on without even the smallest of indulgences and now she has to renounce to what little material holdings she treasures the most.... on top of that she does it with a smile on her face and with the love and care only the most precious of among all woman, wives, and mothers could do it.

"It's for the team, and there will be better times, they are only shoes" she says. But deep down I know for her it's like the biggest nerd selling out his unopened, limited edition phaser signed by Roddenberry and Shatner just to pay some bills for this month....

Already looking for jobs, I hope I can find anything that allows us leave here soon enough and that the government at least issues the passport for my baby and my wife.

I lost my job but not my will to fight on, to survive and give my kind a better future, but desperation is starting to get a hold on my now.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Heh. Sorry for doublepost, but it took shorter time than I expected. Been away all day, and came home to a surprise named Leon. A mutt, probably belgian shepherd with something smaller.
    Oh that's lovely. I know it won't replace your last dog, but it's a new adventure and a new pal to give and receive love! Those little hairy beasts sure are lovable.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 04, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝

Have you tried leaving Venezuela?

Please do me a favour and don't abandon your family and don't try any border jumping.
    If you leave the country to try and find something better you are leaving your family behind to be vulnerable.
    If you try to escape the country you could be in grave danger and something could happen to you or your baby, more likely by getting sick.

But is there any way that you can get asylum somewhere else? Even if just in Colombia, since at the moment taking in refugees is an open issue though in time it might lead to closing down the border, so you might as well try getting asylum now while there is time. Granted Colombia is no picnic and you won't get much out of it at all, but at least it gets you out of Venezuela and maybe you could go off to somewhere else from there. Try Europe maybe, I mean hell everyone is doing it at this point so why not.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Lord Baal,

You have my sympathy and I'm very sorry that has happened to you. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

New TWC University Course
    American Constitutional Law for Beginners

Frunk's Avatar The Duke Returns
    Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor Curator

Dreadful news, Lord Baal. I felt sick reading that, having been glum about some of my problems which are nothing in comparison. I hope things turn around for you sooner than soon.
    I'm currently on leave. Please consider contacting another member of staff.

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz.
    Proud patron of
    atthias, PaulH, and Athos187.