Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: My day was awesome because...

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: My day was awesome because...

Quote Originally Posted by pomcolose1 View Post
    My day was awsome because my wife came back home after one week os absence
    Did she get lost or was she on a trip?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

congrats lord baal
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

To me, every day is awesome, because I'm awesome...
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Patrician

Good weather, good enough to celebrate I guess.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by pomcolose1 View Post
    My day was awsome because my wife came back home after one week os absence
    I remember someone exclaiming on the Totalwar foyer that his wife went to Mexico with her friend and he is now alone playing Totalwar.

Patrician

Okay cause back in the day my mom had a habit of getting lost. One time she disappeared for about two days just wandering the streets and sleeping on a park bench or going to other people's houses. I never found out why or how she would do this. Slightly different but one time she sleep walked downstairs out the door and down the street until turning around and getting back into her bed.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Sounds pretty spooky tbh, I'd set up some cameras and market it as a found footage horror movie.

Patrician

I mean no one died but it is whack.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

No matter how crappy a day is, the smile of your baby just brighten everything. I know it sounds super cheesy but it's true. Love carries you a long way.

I managed to buy a pound of goat cheese today! It was only about 3 days of work! This will cheer up my wife a lot and make our diet more tasty this week!
    It might not sound that great but in crisis you learn to appreciate the little things.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Patrician

Hey Baal have you considered growing your own vegetables and fruit if possible? Maybe getting some chickens or something. I can't imagine how bad it is in Venezuela that people don't even have food, I mean how in Hell do you run out of food on a nation wide basis? How inept must the government be for something like that to happen. I don't even.

My day was awesome because my job in the middle of the Sierra Nevada is done.Can look forward to returning to LA.
    No,i am not a mad man or an adventurer or a mafia hitman,i am a defence engineer.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

A wat? Like bumpers? Or highways fences?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Because this thread was bumped. Thank you, based Lord Baal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Hey Baal have you considered growing your own vegetables and fruit if possible? Maybe getting some chickens or something. I can't imagine how bad it is in Venezuela that people don't even have food, I mean how in Hell do you run out of food on a nation wide basis? How inept must the government be for something like that to happen. I don't even.
    Thing is, to do all that I need space and money to begging with. There's food on the streets but at prices few can afford. Meat, even poultry one is really expensive, like your whole monthly salary can go into 2 kg (around 4 pounds) of meat. Pork is twice as expensive. Daily salary is 5000 bolivares, a single hen egg is 5500 bolivares.

We have been surviving mostly from locally grown vegetables, with prices that range from 10.000 bolivares per kg to 100.000 bolivares per kg (almost half a kg of meat). If you are lucky and buy 30 kg of with a little over half your salary. That is like hitting the jack pot here.

Honestly I have been doing fairly well (relatively) because working in a pasta factory I get 8 kg of pasta as part of my payment every month, which here means I'm Rich Mc'Daddy, like if a convict were to find to whole crates of lose cigarettes every month under his bed, which for me is funny, somewhat relatable and sad, all at the same time. I have been using this pasta superpowers to feed my family through batter for other products (sugar, rice, medicine, baby food and sometimes even services).

Patrician

So you're basically the Italian Heisenberg.

Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Patrician

Blue Pasta was selling like hotcakes. Chances are if you were using Blue Pasta in the 1990's you were getting it from us.

EDIT: No anymore. I don't have that job anymore.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 04, 2018 at 12:25 PM.

Sorry for the double post! But this weekend someone from the internet lend me 20 bucks, I say lend me because I intent to pay him back someday even when he insisted I don't have. It might not sound like much but it is a tiny fortune here and more for someone unemployed.

This made our week the more awesome ever because we sold them to local currency and that allowed us to buy food, within the reasonable and what we could found, at our hearths content. Red meat was out of the question but we bought enough poultry and vegetables for the rest of the month and lots of fruits for her to eat healthy so she can in turn feed our baby better. Don't want to be overly dramatic but this person allowed me to go back to 3 meals per day for the time being. In case you are reading, I only wish for the best for you and your family.

Patrician

I'd give you money if I had any.