Thread: List of mods for Realism?

Icon1 List of mods for Realism?

Hello, I was considering trying this mod, however I am hesitant due to lack of gameplay realism as well as campaign realism. Do the troops fight similar to Napoleonic Total War 3? Are the sounds good? If not what are some mods that would improve this that are compatible with this one? I have wanted a good campaign on Napoleon for a while and saw this, so I figured why not try it. I have to have good gameplay though, because I fight every battle. Thanks for answers in advance.

1861 Springfield .58 Caliber Percussion Musket

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Default Re: List of mods for Realism?

Well, fighting is similar to NTW3 only in regimental scale which is different. Additional mods I recommend are Whiff of Sulphur, X-factor sounds the one that makes unit cards smaller and go to the est editor and give yourself 40 units per stack. This should allow you to represent roughly 5 corps per full stack or, in other words, 100,000 men.

Oh, and the added bonus of the best naval battles anywhere!
    Have fun

Cheers...

Line Infantry Commander: Battle realism was the main purpose of this mod. Same for Campaign play realism.

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

I misread Line Infantry Commander's post. This mod gameplay wise is the most realistic one on campaign and on battles, it's on par with NTW3 albeit on a larger scale. Just don't use linear tactics or you'll be in trouble
    Personally, I use this mod for campaign and NTW3 for MP.

Cheers...

I guess what I should have said is what are mods that will have the same musket sounds, infantry tight formations, cannon sounds and such as NTW3. NTW3 by far is the best looking battle mod you can get for this game.
    1861 Springfield .58 Caliber Percussion Musket

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

See my first post.

Cheers...

Domesticus

In NER 2.9 there are 40 units in an army?

Maximum number of soldiers who are there for each unit?

you can enable 40 units per stack via EsfEditor.

Domesticus

Thanks for the reply!

So LOB is better then NER?

debux's Avatar Senator

Sorry for the necro, but I prefer this to opening a new thread. I can see that there doesn't seem to be anything modifying the BAI. Would this mod (Lutik's battle AI mod) be compatible with NER? Or is it not necessary? Because I'd guess that NTW must have a better AI than ETW, but it would be great to be facing one of the best AI's possible.

On the other hand, I guess there are few AI's that can handle the different battle mechanics seen in NER. What do you guys use? Is vanilla AI enough?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Sorry to burst your bubble... but there is not "battle AI" mod. There are mods that modify the parameters to make battles feel better, and also to adjust the formations so the AI can use them better, but it is not possible to change the AI, and so make it smarter.

NER is a complete package, you dont need to have another mods with it to work properly, actually, it would make it work incorrectly. All things are balanced towards what i consider important, Luntik has different view therefore mixing would end up with some quite strange results. and yes, Steph is right, Battle AI is hardcoded, we only modify outer settings to force battle AI to behave slightly differently if possible.

debux's Avatar Senator

Oh... I see. I had the impression that it was able to modify some of the important parts of the AI, like its capability of forming lines and flanking well. I can't remember well if the AI NTW did that, but once seeing the mod and its positive comments, it seemed to make a direct good improvement to the AI. It seems that vanilla NTW is so bad that not even the AI can handle it well! Thank you for your information. I guess I'll just stick to aesthetic mods then.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )