Thread: Unable to install GUAM 6.0

wereturnip's Avatar Tiro

Default Unable to install GUAM 6.0

Hello, I have a gold edition copy of MTW2, I've installed the retrofit mod version 1.0. When I went to install GUAM, it wouldn't complete with error 21FC, stating mods\retrofit\data\animations\pack.dat contains invalid data.

I'm using Windows 7 home premium, I have the UAC turned off for this. I've also tried to install it in the MTW2 folder and the mods\retrofit folder with the same outcome.

I've also downloaded the retrofit mod again, uninstalled, reinstalled new version, Same with GUAM. I have nothing unpacked, and the game is patched to 1.05 gold edition patch. I am also not using STEAM.

I'm a bit perplexed, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Modeler Skinner Animator

Default Re: Unable to install GUAM 6.0

I don't know much about GUAM or how it installs so hopefully someone else can give some better advice.

You are using GUAM v6? You didn't install any Retrofit sub-mods directly after installing Retrofit? I can assume you are not using Retrofit MP (otherwise I think the mod path would be RetrofitMP).

How old is your Gold Version? I recently bought a new gold version (No longer requires the CD!) but noticed it came with the wrong unpacker (older M2TW instead of the Kingdoms unpacker). I can't recall if there is much difference (apart from the .bat files) or if this would even have anything to do with your error.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

wereturnip's Avatar Tiro

Thank You Unspoken Knight. My copy of Gold Edition is pretty old, about the first few days of release. I have the Custom Campaign Mod, but haven't installed it yet. I'm going to download GUAM again, in case the Download is corrupted.

Modeler Skinner Animator

OK, please let me know how it goes.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

wereturnip's Avatar Tiro

That was the problem. The file was DL was corrupted, thank you for the suggestions.

Modeler Skinner Animator