Thread: Historical and Cultural Error with the map

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Default Historical and Cultural Error with the map

Not really, but you have made a mistake that is a pet peeve of mine. You put Strassburg in a province you called "Lower Lorraine" but it is not Lorraine it is Alsace. There is a major difference between those two province, Lorraine has always been French-cultured, while Alsace has traditionally been linguistically and culturaly German until recent times...
    Last edited by militiaman; May 27, 2006 at 12:27 AM.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

Default Re: Major Historical and Cultural Error that Almost Destroys you Mod!

one of my maps put strasbourg into the lower lorraine, thats why its like that. if it needs to be changed then ill keep it in mind for the future.

Default Re: Major Historical and Cultural Error that Almost Destroys you Mod!

I think the title title is a perfect example of hyberbole.

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Default Re: Historical and Cultural Error with the map

Yes, toned it down a little, it really isn't necessary.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean with hyberbole? I know an "hyperbool" and that is a mathematical figure. Not the same, right?
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKnight
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean with hyberbole? I know an "hyperbool" and that is a mathematical figure. Not the same, right?
    It just means it's an exaggeration (usually for dramatic effect of some kind).

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace
    It just means it's an exaggeration (usually for dramatic effect of some kind).
    Yes, he might well like the mod otherwise. It is a certainty that map defects will be sorted out soon enough.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

This is a good mod, and will be better when its completed, putting Alsace and Lorraine together is just a bit of a pet peeve of mine.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

I am doing some map/description work for the team despite having no sig. Whether militiaman or I get to it, it will be sorted soon, well imminently, but soon in terms of a patch.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

alsace wasnt considered a province in the early hre. its not on any maps ive seen from this era.