Thread: Rebels make AI factions look weak.

Default Rebels make AI factions look weak.

I like how the Rebels are actually a real threat now, rather than an irritant with no challenge.

But it seems in the game I played (only 150 ish turns), the AI factions couldnt really expand into the rebel cities, as they were just to strong for them, and they couldn't really attack me as their resources were bogged down fighting rebels. So as England, I gobbled up all the rebel settlements in the UK, France Germany and several in Jerusalem as the AI couldn't take them.

So then when I come to face the AI factions, I am already a rather sizeable faction with massive armies and resources.

Facing the factions seems a bit pointless now, as it's like slapping down a kid after you have fought a 400lb gorilla, maybe some kind of AI bonus vs rebels, or beef up the AI factions, I dunno.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Rebels make AI factions look weak.

150 turns, I usually have two or three factions already destroyed and not by me. The only rebel settlement I've noticed the AI factions walk around instead of attacking is Oslo. Sweden and Demark may hit twice apiece but no concerted effort to take it. It's not like England and Ireland fighting over who gets Caenarvon first.

Welcome to TWC.

It's a bit late to comment on this but I'm noticing the same thing. I am playing as Byzantium and at 24 turns into the game most free rebel city's now have 2 full stack armies and more. Often these armies are of high quality units. The AI doesn't stand a chance, and I can continue to expand. I had to quit and I am now going to cut some of the money and kings purse down to something reasonable. The slave/rebel faction has 20,000,000 denari to start with and a 90,000 denari kings purse. That's just outrageous. I'm used to modding Rome and BI and I never started them with more than 300,000 and that was plenty. They could still max out their garrisons after a little while. I'm going to cut both #'s and see if the AI slave/rebel factions don't go wild.

That's if it will work. The first time I tried modding the rebel factions just a tad most of their garrisons and buildings disappeared even though the changes I made to the main factions were stable. I have no idea why that occurred unless it had something to do with the scripting.
    Last edited by PatWest; April 14, 2013 at 01:22 AM.
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

That worked quite well. I just cut the starting money to 200,000 denari and the Kings purse to 9000. The slave/rebel factions can still grow but at a much reduced rate. The AI is now closing on my borders much quicker.

Overall I like playing this Mod much more than Vanilla. Next time I might try to incorporate the "Really Bad AI" battle system. It does look like it might be a bit of a pain though.
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That purse for the rebels looks a bit like a typo, I am sure it was meant to be 9,000 - not ninety.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

20k works good.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    That purse for the rebels looks a bit like a typo, I am sure it was meant to be 9,000 - not ninety.
    Most likely. When I made the modifications I wanted to slow the expansion of both AI and player and make rebels provinces countries on their own. Looks like someone took those modifications a little too far and changed them even further.