Thread: Forces of good.

Default Forces of good.

Is it just me or are the forces of good severely under powered?

In fights i know good soldiers will destroy evil but in my current campaign as lorien elves i decided to go slow i spread out slowly took control of the bases between mirkwood and the cliffs full of goblins then i moved into forests and found mirkwood is gone so i took that territory and then fortified all cities with stone walls and placed a strong force of defenders in each consisting of units of basic high and elite archer and infantry and in that sense im doing fine ive had mirkwood attacked 27 times in 21 turns by stacks and my defenses r holding firm now held my a benefactor of legolas and 12 units all coming into gold chevron.

I sent out half stacks of elite units to support my allies and found free peoples are gone so are the other elves and the dwarve's rohan is surving in helms deep and ive placed a ring of forts around the entrance to it each held by a half stack with 2 more stacks staying right nexto it and that so far is holding and rohan is secure.

Gondor has been driven back to minas tirith and dol armroth and ive done a similar move with them and that is all that remains.

Dale is also destroyed.

It is impossible to play slow as good if you do then your allies get steam rolled currently ive got stacks reconquering gondor and rohan and im gifting the lands and huge amounts of money to them and there starting to pull back and im preparing to merge the reinforcement stacks and the fort defenders into about 2 sets of 4 stacks to make a major push into mordor and isengard while my 1st army commanded by haldir and consisting of 11 units of elite archers 2 different types lightly armored making back rank heavily armored infront with the elite infantry making my frontline and they are pushing the goblins back with ease in my last fight i fought 7 full goblins stacks at once and won for a total loss of less then 300 men having relied on infantry mostly and timed volleys to take down trolls.

The only reason my campaign is going is my men are far superior and aslong as i use them right and just ambush the enemy and let my superior skills decide the fights i can still win but it seems odd that the good forces get defeated so easilly.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes I am the ghost, that hides in the night.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the beaches,
    we shall fight on the landing grounds,
    we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
    we shall fight in the hills;
    we shall never surrender.

" The dark is generous.
    Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
    The dark protects us from what we dare not know.
    Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night’s embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in the day’s harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it’s the day that is temporary.
    Day is the illusion.
    Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.
    With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The dark is generous, and it is patient.
    It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
    The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
    The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.
    The dark’s patience is infinite.
    Eventually, even stars burn out.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
    It always wins because it is everywhere.
    It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun, and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
    Love is more than a candle.
    Love can ignite the stars."

Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Forces of good.

This is my opinion, not that of the developers

If you can still win, i notify you that, either you are a much better commander than anyone in Middle Earth, or the mod is not that unforgiving as you think it is.

Because in the tale, the forces of good doesnt standed a chance to win the War of the Ring unless the One Ring is destroyed. This mod more or less allows you a small chance of winning through the force of arms alone, but you are SUPPOSSED to win against totally overwhelming odds

Default Re: Forces of good.

Maybe but id like to see good atleast put up a fight before going down.

I restarted and sent spys all over to observe.

Noldor and free people got stomped by goblins without even putting up a fight.
    Rohan got stomped so did dale and gondor and mirkwood only the dwarves put up any real resistance before dieing.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes I am the ghost, that hides in the night.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the beaches,
    we shall fight on the landing grounds,
    we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
    we shall fight in the hills;
    we shall never surrender.

" The dark is generous.
    Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
    The dark protects us from what we dare not know.
    Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night’s embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in the day’s harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it’s the day that is temporary.
    Day is the illusion.
    Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.
    With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The dark is generous, and it is patient.
    It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
    The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
    The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.
    The dark’s patience is infinite.
    Eventually, even stars burn out.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
    It always wins because it is everywhere.
    It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun, and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
    Love is more than a candle.
    Love can ignite the stars."

Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!