Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Historical Research Center

The_Nord's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Historical Research Center

How about now? lol.

Still nothing.. It's really weird.

You are looking at post #87 right? Not just every subsequent post I've made.

EDIT: The picture I posted can be found on the bottom of this post. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...51#post9279451
    Last edited by The_Nord; February 08, 2012 at 10:40 AM.

Yes, I was looking at post #87 and it still doesn't work.

Is this the pic you're talking about ?

It would make a great unit ! I've often heard of this unit but never saw any depiction of it.
    (would you, by any chance, know from wich book is it taken ?)

Edit : found it, Samurai warfare by Turnbull.
    Last edited by Akaie; February 08, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Samurai Warfare, Dr. Stephen Turnbull, Pages 110-111.

I don't think the ashigaru would use it in battle, it's probably a ceremonial/parade outfit and would switch with a more basic helmet for the actual fight.
    It could be easily created. Long yari ashigaru with yukinoshita-do cuirass and a gold jingasa hat.

Did some researchs for a general hero unit for the Toyotomi since the Tokugawa will have Honda Tadamasa, Sakakibara Yasumasa and Itakura Katsushige.
    The only Toyotomi general who didn't become an independant daimyo and had a unique armor is Katagiri Katsumoto, one of "the seven spears of Shizugatake.
    He was known fo his bear-fur covered armor.

Attachment 203837

The best way to depict him would be to use Tokugawa Ieyasu armor set (without the horns)
    Attachment 203839

And give Ieyasu this set (because it's the armor he used at Sekigahara.)
    Attachment 203840

And without the Horns used, we could give it to Fukushima Masanori !
    Last edited by Akaie; February 08, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Wasn't Katagiri Katsumoto mostly known as an administrator? After Shizugatake that is.

Yes, but since he gained a legendary status at Shizugatake he probably was a good soldier, even if he didn't had to use his skills after..
    And if I propose that, it's mainly to counterbalance the Tokugawa heroes. And since Katsumoto's armor can easily be recreated it seemed a good choice.
    Last edited by yoshisuke; February 08, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Agreed. Another idea I had for a hero unit was Hidenaga, unfortunately, he died in 1591, which might be a bit of a stretch. The descision is in Anton's hands anyways, and he makes great choices!
    Last edited by The_Nord; February 08, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Osprey complains about their stuff being distributed on the net. Be sure not to scan their books. Please stick to page references.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Hmm. I'm not too sure about taking away Ieyasu's armour. I will have to ponder this one...

Oh, and the Tokugawa will not have Honda Tadamasa. He'll be exclusive to the Honda.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I know for Tadamasa, I was talking of Tokugawa as the political alignment.
    I've always been uncomfortable with Ieyasu's armor. There's something like six or seven known armors owned by him and CA used the only one never used in battle.

(and sorry about the osprey stuff, didn't think of the copyright thing.)

Edit : don't you think you should create a suggestion thread for units and such because right now it's spread all over the place and interesting ideas can easily be lost.
    Last edited by yoshisuke; February 08, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

Agreed. I'll create that now.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Does anyone know what the original source for this Fujiyama kabuto is ? It's a relatively rare style and I've never seen this particular one. And since all the armor sets are based on real ones worn by more or less famous generals, it could be interesting to know who was the actual owner.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mori Ranmaru wears one in Akira Kurosawa's "Kagemusha" but it's not a very reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshisuke View Post
    Does anyone know what the original source for this Fujiyama kabuto is ? It's a relatively rare style and I've never seen this particular one. And since all the armor sets are based on real ones worn by more or less famous generals, it could be interesting to know who was the actual owner.

Mori Ranmaru wears one in Akira Kurosawa's "Kagemusha" but it's not a very reliable source.
    That's ... I think Kato Yoshiaki (one of the Seven spears)'s helmet. It's not one of his usual helmets but I think this is what you're looking for.

Last edited by Ying, Duke of Qin; February 09, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

Thank you for the info !
    Maybe it could be used in the mod somehow..?

In order to revitalize this place, I have a point of discussion that should bring a nice bit of polish to the campaign. For those of you who aren't acquainted with this particular part of the game, there are some clans that start with two generals instead of one. Some of these are already fixed up, for example Katakura Kojuro, Hirano Nagayasu and, in the upcoming v0.8 patch, Sakakibara Yasumasa and all his nanban-do glory. There are, however, some leftover generals.

Here is a list of generals that are yet to be changed (first row states the clan under which the general shows up, second name is the current name of the general which may have been changed along with my data base changes, and the third is my proposed changes):
    Shimazu:
    -Tanegashima Tomokata
    ---Yamada Arinobu

Hongo:
    Kodama Hiromoto
    ---Ijuin Tadamune

Mori:
    -Mori Takamoto
    ---Shishido Takaie
    ---Kumagai Nobunao (an alternative)

Murakami-Echigo:
    -Murakami Masakage
    ---Mizoguchi Hidekatsu

I need suggestions for the following slots. I came across a site that conveyed that Fukushima Masanori had a son, but have not yet come across that name. In addition, ever since I read robin's AAR, I keep seeing that damned "Asano Nobushige".
    Higo-Kato:
    -Katakura Aritoki

Chosokabe:
    -Kira Masayo

Otani:
    -Suzuki Sadayu

Fukushima:
    -Takayama Muneyori

Asano:
    -Asano Nobushige

Another point: It would be rather convenient if I made Katakura Kojuro wear the second Masamune armour not yet used in the seki campaign.
    Last edited by Akaie; February 17, 2012 at 07:16 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I know very little (or nothing) of the samurai you've posted, can I perhaps ask where your information about these men come from so I can look into them personally? And my inactivity here on the forum is mostly due to studying and playing the sekigahara campaign!

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Rough draft to expand more names....

Shimazu
    Daimyo: Shimazu Yoshihiro
    Others: Shimazu Hisayasu (Son – b. 1573) (The 4 retainer names: Machida Tadanobu, Murauchi Tsunesada, Kawakami Hisatoki, Hirada Mitsumune)

Hongo
    Daimyo: Hongo Tadatora
    Others: Ito Suketaka ( retainer general), Takanashi Motokane, (the other option)
    Notes: since its a vassal clan, not fit to have retainers of its own, maybe just have Hongo surnames even for metsuke or maybe just reuse the retainer names used by the Ito Clan?

Kato
    Daimyo: Kato Kiyomasa
    Others: Nabeshima Naoshige (Retainer General) ,Kato Tadahiro (son: yet to be born) (4 retainer names: Kato, Nabeshima, Ryuzoji )
    Note: Since there is no list available of retainer names serving the Kato clan, best just have it under Kato, and some names of some repute.

Kobayakawa
    Daimyo: Kobayakawa Hideaki
    Others: Tachibana Muneshige (Retainer general) (4 retainer names: Maybe alternating between Tachibana and Kobayakawa or use the 3 branches of the clan, Nuta, Shinjô, and Takehara)

Kuroda
    Daimyo: Kuroda Nagamasa
    Others: Kuroda Tadayuki (Son: Yet to be born)

Further. Recommend using this guy as well...

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSantanero View Post
    Oh, no mate, not that. What I meant was how did you get the "names/surenames" Ishida, Ukita, Kato, Kuroda among others into your mod. The reason I'm asking was because a lot of famous generals are missing from the main campaign itself. Like Kuroda Kambei. I can't find the surename i.g. names_name_names_japaneseKuroda or names_name_names_japaneseKambei in the loc_en.pack or just loc_en.pack. Nor in names.db The above mentioned names aren't in these files either. With the exception of Ukita and Ishida. I think those are emergent factions but I'm not to sure. Saw those names in the start.pos index file somewhere

I haven't played the game completely, infact I haven't even get passed the first 16 turns because I quickly loose interest. I loose interest because the games unaccuracy (missing names are the issue ATM) which I have been trying to fix desperately for the past few months.

I know I'm going to far with this but I'm kind of a historical accuracy douche, That's why I would like to know you managed to have Kato Kiyomawa (one character that I've been desperately trying to add, btw) into your game. Could you please tell me which files you modded (loc_en, loc_en.patch, names_db??) and which tools you used? I'll be eternally greatfull mate.

Kind regards

Just gotta love it when this mod attracts people of similar views or at least similar interests of this campaign.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII