Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    Yoshisuke - I raised the Sanada victory condition with Anton earlier and here's his response from our part of the forum. Perhaps now he sees his paying customers complaining he'd be more inclined to change it
    Wait, you have a private forum ? That's cool. anyway, I can go along with the Sanada civil war, after all Nobuyuki was Honda Tadakatsu's son-in-law. Who knows what would have happenend if the Toyotomi won at Sekigahara ?

No we don't. You read wrong
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Just a small thing when I enter in battle mode during a campaign, before the deployement start, you can choose to wait for a change of weather but it always says 'windy', even if there's fog or rain and the weather effects don't apply.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

So, by windy do you mean the weather description, not the actual weather itself? Just clarifying.

To be honest, I haven't touched anything relating to weather, except perhaps one of the two broadly-scoped .loc files in the text db that might apply.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Yes, the weather description is locked on windy even if the actual weather is rain or fog.
    It's not a big issue, but I figured you'd want to know.

Definitely. I'll still look at it, as it does stand to be a bit confusing. Thanks!

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I am having an issue in 1596 of the main campaign using the Honda.Each time the turn for the Iyo-No-Kato comes about the game crashes.I tried loading and reloading several times with the same result.not sure if this is a known issue or not but I wanted to bring it to your attention

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    I am having an issue in 1596 of the main campaign using the Honda.Each time the turn for the Iyo-No-Kato comes about the game crashes.I tried loading and reloading several times with the same result.not sure if this is a known issue or not but I wanted to bring it to your attention
    I had the same. Anton's working on it I think - see this post.

If possible can you post your saved game? The autosave right before would be good. Gives Anton more to work with and all that. Was your campaign a Sanada one by any chance?

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

If possible can you post your saved game? The autosave right before would be good. Gives Anton more to work with and all that. Was your campaign a Sanada one by any chance?
    I will post my save games up on mediafire after work. Thanks for the response good to know it isnt just me

Oh crap . This one's going to be fun.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx
    Bugs

- Dairinnin still referred to as Toyotomi monks in the "agent converted" screens and some other places
    - Christianity referece - Jordan River Water (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...BC4D1931540A6/)
    - Weird "wrong religion" symbol with warrior nuns (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...101FA816913A0/)

On the issue of adding starting generals, is it possible to do it in a scripted "recruit general?" dilemma on turn 1 or something? E.g. get a dilemma whether to recruit a general for 0 koku who "happens" to be called Sanada Yukimura?

I feel like on the clan selection menu the descriptions of the clans and the bonuses could be more informative. I could write up some suggestions for v1.0 if not the patch.
    Could you screenshot those dairinin references? The place where it appeared and the exact wording helps me more than you know . Thanks for the other two pics.

If I do it by a dilemma (which should be pretty straight forward), the general would probably be auto-generated; random name, random general model.

Agreed. If we reach a consensus before the v0.8 patch, I'll add it in with that .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I will do if they come up again. Forgot to last time. Just started a new Sanada campaign in the hope that the Iyo-no-Kato bug doesn't crop up again

Coolio. I will write something long winded and boring to replace your "Put yer gunz on!!"

I actually intend to get rid of all that camera-pan crap at the start, since it was made for the vanilla clans. That should include the "Put da gunz on!" .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

crunchyfrog's Avatar Semisalis

I have the same issue with my Tokugawa campaign.

I've attached my auto save file.

Thanks. This will help me cross-check. I'll check back with more info.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Bugs:

Sanada "allied" to the Tokugawa? - http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...10E55F21A1269/
    Toyotomi "monk" - http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...105A068AE2A3A/ and http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...C8CD5A00B4734/
    Christianity reference - http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...E7C3E54398762/
    What is this "provincial peace" thing? Isn't that the Spring clip? Why is it playing in the summer? - http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...D806CC9D30DAB/
    These guys still have vanilla unit sizes - http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/50...083355311B3C3/

EDIT: chalk another one up to the Iyo-no-Kato bug. Saved game attached
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; November 09, 2012 at 01:03 PM.

I'm thinking of establishing a war between the Toyotomi and the Iyo-no-Kato, sticking a Toyotomi army in the province and basically getting rid of the entire clan from the beginning. I did search for the issue, but even cross-checking and attempting some solutions failed to deal with the CTD.

If the bug persists, I'm more inclined to think it's a vanilla issue exposed by my extensive modding.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Do you think it's an issue with the Kato or the units or...? What if you just made that province rebel instead? The Kato branch on Shikoku was hardly well known - they had a domain which was all of 200,000 koku..
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; February 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

There are honestly so many variables. I do back-up a fair bit older stuff, but starting things from scratch is really quite daunting, not to mention the fact that if this is an issue of my revealing a vanilla bug, the week of grind it would take to restore everything with a new startpos.esf would have been for nothing .

A rebellion would be the more practical idea. I'll let you know how it goes.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Without play-testing I won't be completely sure this fixes it, but if this is an issue with something relating to the Iyo-Kato clan, this should fix it.

---

The good news is that I feel we have enough bugs to warrant a re-release. There are a few bugs that require a re-release of the 0.75 beta pack with the 0.8 updates integrated and the inappropriate data from 0.75 removed. I still have to fix more bugs I have noted.

---

Regarding retainers: I'm going to completely re-create the retainer sets for the two dairinin agents, thereby removing all of our annoying christian references.

Patron of Erwin Rommel