Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

"The Sekigahara Campaign" is a total conversion mod that seeks to represent the late Azuchi-Momoyama and, to a small extent, the early Edo periods.

The first purpose of this thread is to give a dedicated place for people to list anything they consider bugs. I will try to maintain a list of known bugs or 'incompletes' as I call them, but there will no doubt be more. Be sure to note all the non-Sekigahara Campaign modifications you use, as the conflict between them may be your bug.

The second purpose is to provide both general and individual technical help. You'll see the first bit of technical help is found below; a 'dealing with the fog of war' tutorial. If you have any problems with your installation or feel something just isn't working the way it should, post here and we'll get you sorted.

-----

Installation:
    Extract the .pack file from the .7z file - downloadable from mediafire via the "Download the V0.8 Beta Here" link above - to Shogun 2's data folder. If you did not tell Steam to install into a specific location, the file path should be:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data
    OR
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

---

Firstly, illegal copies are not supported. There is no point in posting, as I'll eventually confirm whether or not you are using a legal copy and you'll get nothing out of the conversation.

Secondly, before posting, check to see if your copy of Shogun 2 is fully updated. To do this, go to your Steam library, right click "Total War: SHOGUN 2" from your games list, select "Properties", the "Local Files" tab and the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." button.

If your game crashes, knowing you have a legal copy and are confident it is fully updated, you may not have properly installed the game. Consider the following information. (note: the version number may be outdated when you read it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    If its a crash problem, delete all modifications from the data folder and start again. Make sure to read the "Version Information and Installation.txt" in the .7z and the "info.txt" files found in both folders. Improper installation can cause this.

At the very least, you need:
    -The_Sekigahara_Campaign_v0.9_Main_Database.pack
    -The_Sekigahara_Campaign_v0.9_Main.pack

In addition, you'll need to install only one of the following:
    -The_Sekigahara_Campaign_v0.9_Faction_Pack_1.pack
    -The_Sekigahara_Campaign_v0.9_Faction_Pack_2.pack
    ---

Dealing with the Fog of War (I don't think it's relevant anymore, but I'll just leave it up anyway!)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is what you will see when you hover over Shinano-no-Sanada's starting position, North Shinano.

To the top-right of the screen, select the fourth button from the left. The button is under the mini-map and depicts two swords that looks like an "x". Click on the unit card beside "Sanada Masayuki".

At the bottom-left of the screen, you should now see what the screenshot below shows. Click on the general's unit card and move him to one of the four spots circled in red.

This is what you will see when you move the general out of the fort. As the red arrow on the screenshot implies, move the general back into the fort.

When you do this with a general, in most cases the entire province that he is in will be revealed, like you can see below.

This mini-tutorial focuses on the Shinano-no-Sanada, but the process can be applied to any clan that is covered by the fog of war at the start of the campaign.

---

Consider uploading your gave save for me. Even if it isn't a big issue, it would help to clear up any issues that do not occur frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by wealthmonger
    Uploading a save game:
    For windows 7(it should be in a similar location for vista, etc.) on your computer go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\save_games\ then turn it into a zip file using 7zip, WinRar or similar program. Go to manage attachments in additional options for your post(or click the paper clip symbol) and upload the file which will then be added to your post.
    Last edited by Akaie; July 06, 2012 at 08:53 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

Don't think it's a bug but in my Kato short campaign I had the video introducing the christianism and then in the clan control pannel I was given the chance to switch loyalty. (just like switching religion in vanilla) My point is, does this change side option is supposed to be aviable all the time, right after the start of the campaign or only after the christianism event ?

There are a few references to christianity and buddhism left in the campaign. I'm currently weeding them out.

In the same way as vanilla, the side-change can only be done once every daimyo. This was done to avoid spam-changing, which I would like to maintain.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

There are a few references to christianity and buddhism left in the campaign. I'm currently weeding them out.

In the same way as vanilla, the side-change can only be done once every daimyo. This was done to avoid spam-changing, which I would like to maintain.
    It's better to avoid the spam-changing, yes, but don't you think it should be aviable right at the start for the Daimyo ?
    For exemple at the very begining of the Sekigahara campaign (the real one) Shimazu Yoshihiro wanted to fight for Ieyasu but he refused and asked his men to shoot at Yoshihiro's men to drive him off (because Yoshi had a very small number of men and Ieyasu thought he wouldn't be able to provide real help and was fairly insulted by it) and that's why he then joined Mitsunari but left the battlefield before the end of the fight.
    What I mean is that the player should be able to change side soon in the campaign.
    And does the daimyo lose honor in the process ?
    Last edited by yoshisuke; January 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM.

I personally agree the daimyo should be able to change sides from the start. It's not the same as the Christianity thing which happened south to north in reality.

As for honour, I'd support lowering it from the -2 honour to -1 honour. Nothing much happened to Hideaki after he did his thing....besides him personally going nuts
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; January 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

i cannot start a campaing with the sanada clan. I just get a red screen

Quote Originally Posted by yoshisuke View Post
    It's better to avoid the spam-changing, yes, but don't you think it should be aviable right at the start for the Daimyo ?
    For exemple at the very begining of the Sekigahara campaign (the real one) Shimazu Yoshihiro wanted to fight for Ieyasu but he refused and asked his men to shoot at Yoshihiro's men to drive him off (because Yoshi had a very small number of men and Ieyasu thought he wouldn't be able to provide real help and was fairly insulted by it) and that's why he then joined Mitsunari but left the battlefield before the end of the fight.
    What I mean is that the player should be able to change side soon in the campaign.
    And does the daimyo lose honor in the process ?
    Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    I personally agree the daimyo should be able to change sides from the start. It's not the same as the Christianity thing which happened south to north in reality.

As for honour, I'd support lowering it from the -2 honour to -1 honour. Nothing much happened to Hideaki after he did his thing....besides him personally going nuts
    Part of this would be hard-coded. Unless CA has made it so some of the parameters are moddable in something like the campaign variables table, there might not be anything I can do. Still, I'll be looking at it.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by Lansiel View Post
    i cannot start a campaing with the sanada clan. I just get a red screen
    I need more details .

-Is your game a legal copy?
    -Do you have any other modifications installed?
    -Exactly what happens?

If you can, please post a screenshot of your S2's data folder and the problem.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

legal copy steam verified. i unistalld all modifications, my previous ones were twosocks, unitvariety, no projectile trails and shogun realism +(can i reinstall the grafic, sound ones?). my game after clicking start

Wow! We haven't had any cases of this thus far, so I'm more inclined to think it's something on your end. Judging by your resolution, am I right to figure your video card to be older?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

no ure worng ive a radeon hd 6870 and all in all a pretty good computer. and now the same happens with nagao (the one above Honda).

Naoe?

Hmm. Interesting. Since you have Legendary selected, try H or VH.

I'll go try and re-create the problem, but I'm seriously thinking it is not a problem derived directly from the mod.

Alright. Here's what I did. Same resolution, same clan choice, same difficulty. Everything went smoothly and I was able to start the campaign. It could be a lack of driver updates or something else that might be hard to track down.
    Last edited by Akaie; January 24, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Not really a bug but when I capture the Iga province , I'm asked if I want to establish the Igo-no-Kato as a vassal. Didn't do it but is it just a text error or does this really establish a new Kato in Iga ? (because the two other Kato clans were still alive and the Iga-ikki still had other territories) Gonna try this again if I have time.

Iga-no-Kato?? There's no such thing as Iga-no-Kato do you have a screenshot?

There are a lot of clans that respawn in the wrong place though.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

That's not Iga-no-kato but Igo-no-Kato (the one on Shikoku island) that respaws in Iga. I'll try to recreate the situation and take a screenshot.

oh Higo-no-Kato. Yea I've seen that happen before. As I said a lot of the clans respawn in the wrong place. I'll post my shots later.

Ok, my bad, it's Higo-no-Kato. Just tried again and it did not work. Maybe there is something else to take in consideration. When I tried again Iga-ikki only had one province, I destroyed the clan and no vassal option showed up. As far as I remember my other campaign Iga-ikki had more province. So maybe the wrong respawn only happens when iga-ikki have more than one province and are not destroyed in the process.

I can see a part in the startpos.esf that could be the problem. I'd have to get some playtesters on that if I put it together.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I can see a part in the startpos.esf that could be the problem. I'd have to get some playtesters on that if I put it together.
    I've also noticed Ukita respawning in Satsuma. I assume the major clans of the Sekigahara respawn in the provinces of the vanilla major clans. (They are the only respawning clans, by the way, no minor clan ever respawn and if a major one does, there's no event message telling the player so.)
    If that can help you.
    Also, in the diplomatic screen, wood and crafts ressources are never shown as owned or traded by any clan, even if they are. Some alliance are not displayed either and are sometimes randomly broken without the event text. It's probably due to vassals not being able to ask for allies in vanilla (if I remember correctly)
    And I've never seen in five or six campaigns the Date, Naoe, Li, Ishida and Sanada survive more than ten turns. They do not seem to expand and the Date seems to have a problem with public order because they are often destroyed by rebellion.
    Playing as Toyotomi is quite hard too because Ishida is most of the time attacked by two or three clans in the three first turns and by ten turns pretty much every Toyotomi vassals are under attack, forcing the player to fight in three front without time to build up anything. It's somewhat logical (because of the game mecanics) but really repetitive.
    And the politics system is not really effective, every clans declaring wars to their neighbors regardless of their allignment.

I'm sure you are aware of most of this and working on it but I wanted to write it somewhere, just in case.

On the good notes (among others) I'm happy to see dilema and events I've never (or rarely) had in the vanilla game. Did you change the chances of them happening ? 'cause it's great.
    Last edited by yoshisuke; January 25, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Yoshisuke - my bad I misread your post - it's the Iyo-no-Kato, not the Higo one you're after. Either way the issue is definitely there. I've seen Shimazu respawn in one of the Chugoku provinces so it's not just the majors that do this.

The getting destroyed by rebellion thing is something I've seen too. As for the majors getting destroyed early, I think that can be easily fixed by either giving majors more troops to begin with, or just to make the majors more aggressive and minors less so.

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast