Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

Default Re: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

Will there be new skins for Units/Artilerry/Cavalry/Flags etc in 3.0? or will they come at 3.1, 3.2?

Some models/skins got updates or variety, some are new. Cannons are the same as in the last version.
    Battleflags are now others in this version because of the waving flags.
    The regimental flags is stuff for the updates then.

Libertus

Im Ready for the Mod.
    to kick some yankee a**es

"Ah Crap"

Confederate Army Union Army

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

SUNDAY, 6th OF MAY

so here's the weekly progress of our mod version 3.0 development:

1) mostly cosmetic changes in files
    2) campaign-map changes (decreasing movement points to ensure better strategic feel of the game)
    3) prepared files for internal beta testing

therefore:
    an announcment can be made that we will probably release the 3.0 version of the mod sometime next week (between 6th of May and 13th of May)
    however, if anything unexpected happens, release will be postponed until the Team feels that end product is good enough to be released...

cheers

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    SUNDAY, 6th OF MAY

so here's the weekly progress of our mod version 3.0 development:

1) mostly cosmetic changes in files
    2) campaign-map changes (decreasing movement points to ensure better strategic feel of the game)
    3) prepared files for internal beta testing

therefore:
    an announcment can be made that we will probably release the 3.0 version of the mod sometime next week (between 6th of May and 13th of May)
    however, if anything unexpected happens, release will be postponed until the Team feels that end product is good enough to be released...

cheers
    if anyone screws this mod up before release, i will KILL YOU! but on the other hand YAY ITS FINALLY GOING TO BE RELEASED!!! (after 3 months of waiting)

Don504's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Rich View Post
    if anyone screws this mod up before release, i will KILL YOU! but on the other hand YAY ITS FINALLY GOING TO BE RELEASED!!! (after 3 months of waiting)
    hmm, killing the developers won't help...
    Last edited by Don504; May 07, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Explore the word and conquer it all.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Yay!

Btw...is there any possibility in the future that there would be 40-unit armies? :3
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 07, 2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: double posting
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Pls dont say anything about release, you said it would be on 11th of april, then you said within 2 weeks, and now from 6th to 13th.. Just release it when its done, cause im always happy that the mod could be released tomorrow and then im looking and well, there is nothing..

I can good understand that it´s not fine for you when a release date is pushed back, i know this.
    But every week i give out a version too early means two weeks more time we lose because of bug fixing.
    Time i will spend in imrpoving version 3 till it´s a state where i can sit back and say "now is this mod where i wanted to be".
    After such a long time working on this piece and previous pieces a week or a month doesn´t count that much for me.
    Again i understand, but it is very hard to calculate when one single problem can eat up a half week because to communicate it take in volunteer work longer then in a studio. That´s why i written to any date i posted "don´t nail my down to this date, i set this as probably release date only"

But nevermind, a few days and waiting is over....have to go on testing again.
    Take care mates

Libertus

Hanging on (might be dead by then) but Still hanging on

Just take your time. It's not like we are paying for this. You do all the work and we just enjoy the hell out of it.

Can't wait to see the new content with the new versions coming out.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by freazy View Post
    Pls dont say anything about release, you said it would be on 11th of april, then you said within 2 weeks, and now from 6th to 13th.. Just release it when its done, cause im always happy that the mod could be released tomorrow and then im looking and well, there is nothing..
    if we say nothing about it, you people send pm-s to shokh about release date. now, we give you weekly predictions and still not good (by some at least)...I'm gonna whip you, whip you hard

Quote Originally Posted by WarOfAges1776 View Post
    Just take your time. It's not like we are paying for this. You do all the work and we just enjoy the hell out of it.

Can't wait to see the new content with the new versions coming out.
    yes, it will be nice... bug free content most of all

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chernov View Post
    Yay!

Btw...is there any possibility in the future that there would be 40-unit armies? :3
    I don't know... it would require redoing all the UI cards to fit in the army HUD... also, I don't know how it would affect the AI's behaviour and pathfinding skills. also, I think that Team mentioned that they will keep this kind of organizazion, where each army actually represents a corps siezed unit in ACW... but, I say neither yay nor nay

How will installation process look like? will it be easier, or still old wersion and all marks of its existence will need to be deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by WarOfAges1776 View Post
    Just take your time. It's not like we are paying for this.
    Thanks mate, we.....what?? Not paying? I´m out!

How will installation process look like? will it be easier, or still old wersion and all marks of its existence will need to be deleted?
    We bring out an own thread for installation and have a new installer. Should be doable for every pc starter and above.

I know it has taken you a long time to perfect this mod (and i am thrilled you have given us the waving flags option) but i was just wondering what are the final few bits that need finishing off before the release? or are there too many to list? + will there be new unit cards for every unit cos yours look really well done and proffesional

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHHH View Post
    I know it has taken you a long time to perfect this mod (and i am thrilled you have given us the waving flags option) but i was just wondering what are the final few bits that need finishing off before the release? or are there too many to list? + will there be new unit cards for every unit cos yours look really well done and proffesional
    if im correct they just need to test everything and then come publication (release) then all YOU have to do is download. Current Release Prediction is this week May 6-May 13

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    ]if we say nothing about it, you people send pm-s to shokh about release date. now, we give you weekly predictions and still not good (by some at least)...I'm gonna whip you, whip you hard
    I didnt mean no updates i just wanted to say that you shouldnt go for an exact date in the comments, just that you look forward to release it soon cause progress is running well

I didnt mean no updates i just wanted to say that you shouldnt go for an exact date in the comments, just that you look forward to release it soon cause progress is running well

EDIT: merged posts due to double posting... use edit button, please; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 07, 2012 at 07:18 AM.

Libertus

one thing i would like to see (doesnt have to be in 3.0) is U.S. and C.S. Marine Units

Even Though the Marines didnt have such a big role compaired to the army, it would be great to have some special unit to protect ships, ports, bases, and be able to land on shore from the water.

Plus it would be great for Historical Accuracy.

EDIT: merged and deleted post due to double posting... use edit button... please; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 07, 2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: duobleposting

I can clearly say what we have to do till release, no problem.

First of all i mod the campaign AI to build up more units. We have very similar settings in there like in BEIC but here the factions tend to be a bit lazy in recruiting units. So i´ll find a way to encourage the CAI to build more units.

And the second thing is that we encountered an crash issue when altering existing pack files. This should and will not happen for users usually, but can be a problem for updates or if someone uses submods then.

When both things are out of the world it have a green light from me for release.

Libertus

here's some encourgement for CAI "RECRUIT UNITS OR YOU DIE!" Cant wait for release