Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

With a new week ahead of us, I'm glad to share with you that progress has been made and is in fact being made as wee speak...

the release isn't far from happening, however, as you know, some unexpected things could happen which could set us back. but hopefully this will not come to be...

ACW version 3.0 will !probably! be released in next two weeks but exact date isn't set yet. shokh hides it even from me or he tries to, but i have my own ways...

so until some further reports about progress, stay tuned

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I stay tuned.

ACW 3.0 was the reason why i bought the Warpath DLC.
    I'll install ACW again, when i read that it is ready for the Warpath map, while i hope for a mod-design that is as far as possible a historical-realism shaped campaign of the american civil war.

Recently i have read through this thread.
    Considering the quite strong british map-participation, how will you reflect this faction, will Britain (or the other participating factions) try to conquer the Americas? That would be a game-breaker for me.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your efforts, ACW team.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    Mate, the public beta is due on thursday, I think you can wait two days
    hmm been a lil more than two days would'nt ya say

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Wilk View Post
    hmm been a lil more than two days would'nt ya say
    I honestly don't think it matters. It will come out when it comes out. Its not like these guys don't have experience testing their mods. Just be patient.

Minas Moth is there anyay we could have an option to have just regular vanilla naval units in game? if not can you tell me if it would be possible to change that one aspect myself? I remember playing the naval battles in 2.6 in they were not that interesting to me. I know this is all about the land warfare but im a soft touch for the naval aspect being from Mobile Alabama...... the C.S.S. Hunley C.S.S. Alabama, and I just found them more enjoyable before the high fire power and hit points. If you could try one of them from 2.5-6 and tell me what you think. As always thanks in advance for your response, hopefully I get one from you and not some ........ unaffiliated individual who has no idea what they r talking about.

does 3.0 work on normal ETW (like the last ones) or do you NEED to have the Warpath DLC for the map? Thanks.

Awesome guys I can't wait for this MOD. Davinci are you the same guy from Take Command 2nd Manassas and SOW??? If so glad to see we have the same taste in games my friend lol.

yes it will work on regular ETW, there is going to be another option if people want to play with the warpath campaign map. its all in previous posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Wilk
    Minas Moth is there anyay we could have an option to have just regular vanilla naval units in game? if not can you tell me if it would be possible to change that one aspect myself?
    when it comes to naval aspect of the game, nothing has been decided yet I believe. however, I think that main debate will be on using the naval system of vanilla game (with new icons and increased hull strength and armament of ironclads), auto-calculation naval battles (with new icons and increased hull strength and armament) and entire abandonment of naval battles.

I don't know how to make this thing work for you. But, I think it will involve certain amount of modding knowledge. This is because of the way how files will be packed and used by the game engine...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Wilk
    I remember playing the naval battles in 2.6 in they were not that interesting to me. I know this is all about the land warfare but im a soft touch for the naval aspect being from Mobile Alabama...... the C.S.S. Hunley C.S.S. Alabama, and I just found them more enjoyable before the high fire power and hit points. If you could try one of them from 2.5-6 and tell me what you think. As always thanks in advance for your response, hopefully I get one from you and not some ........ unaffiliated individual who has no idea what they r talking about.
    you see, the problem is that we can't export ship models (literally meaning we can't create new ship models and use them in game) so this part of war; although interesting, is naturally not in the focus of the team (until CA releases modding tools for this kind of work)...

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci
    Considering the quite strong british map-participation, how will you reflect this faction, will Britain (or the other participating factions) try to conquer the Americas? That would be a game-breaker for me.
    yes, British are having their historical regions of that time. the question is good, because during some testing there were occasions when British declared war on Union and tried to capture some of its territories. This is basically the same as case when Mexico declares war on Confederate States. This will be addressed by shokh i believe. We were considering some way of European powers influencing in North America, but more than this can't be said. you'll just have to wait and see...

sorry if my answers seem a little vague, but i can't give you detailed answers without potentially revealing the mod structure it involves. we want to maintain some degree of mystique about these kind of questions so this is the best I can do for you.
    Last edited by Minas Moth; April 24, 2012 at 01:29 AM.

There are three option for coding britain and others:
    1) historic correct relationships - this will end in active sidenations which can declare war against union + csa, not that good.
    2) ahistoric relationships - friendly to all
    3) weaken the side factions in different ways

All options are not perfect but iīm still thinking ahout how to solve it in the best way.

Icon1 Re: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

I although in no posistion personnally think that Mexico if involved should join CSA over the union considering that the confedarates almost had alliances with them i think but anyway i cant wait till this mod comes out

Quote Originally Posted by JWC View Post
    I although in no posistion personnally think that Mexico if involved should join CSA over the union considering that the confedarates almost had alliances with them i think but anyway i cant wait till this mod comes out
    this would be highly unlikely. during Mexican War, people of future Confederate States were the ones most involved in fighting. so there is hard to imagine that Mexico would ally itself with CSA. although your proposal is valid, i think that historical accuracy in this case would require Mexico to be idle (which it was during the ACW) because it simply wasn't strong enough to fight Union or/and Confederacy...

Donīt forget the french intervention in mexico. If mexico is allied with the csa, this means france and his allies to this time will attack the csa too.
    Not that best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Donīt forget the french intervention in mexico. If mexico is allied with the csa, this means france and his allies to this time will attack the csa too.
    Not that best solution.
    indeed, however, maybe Mexico should be idle, not allied to anyone, but also not as aggressive. if I remember correctly, Confederacy hastily supports French intervention in Mexico in hope that it will gain recognition from France.

in the end, such things are hard to compensate and make them work, no matter if we follow historical accuracy or game-play balance... but, i have best of hopes that you (shokh) will find a good solution to this particular problem...

There will be for sure a lot of tuning to be dane with the first update.

But people should think about this too. Do you really want that the CAI simple act each time the same? Then you are not the actor of your game, just an observer.
    We give out a start situation but it will go on everytime in a different way. Historic correctnes shouldnīt taken in by limiting the fun, the goal is a compromise between both aspect.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

I don't know shokh...I prefer to concentrate my forces fighting the Yankees...
    Maybe other factions could act differently after the end of war.

I agree. I would hate to see another factions physically attacking either side in the ACW. That is THE reason I stopped playing the previous version. Every time, I had to deal with naval landings, say from the Dutch. It ruined the game. ACW is ACW. And ACW is not ACW if you have non-American troops landing on your soil.

It would be fun though, but don't think it's possible, to be able to make allies. But only in a way that they would support your cause financially and by sending weapons. Hmmmn, perhaps it's possible to do this in the form of events? Don't know if it's such a good idea, but let's say France could send the CSA money and weapons if... (you fill it in).

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

KamilW, if you had read the previous infos, you would know, that there will only be the Americas. No Europe, no India and so on. Just the Americas. The only two other featuring nations will be Mexico and the British-Canadians. They are the only real problem. So no dutchmen that try to get your capitol anymore^^.

Thats right, france and dutch covers only a single region. They will not be able to raid you anymore.
    Was i wanted to say, we have to make factions more friendly together then they where at this time, this is the only way to ensure that they arenīt attacking you. But i will not here then any comments like "but but but britain wasnīt in that good relationship with union" - there is no other way to do this, we canīt say dislike them but donīt declare war.
    I donīt want to say this in a offending way, just that you understand how the engine is working, which we cannot change.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Well...sounds great, dear shokh!