Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

Quote Originally Posted by Lowes View Post
    ...400 man unit...
    but this is the huge unit size this means that we will loose the difference in the units? soldiers wearing hats and kepies? or this will also be addressed? i know that until now we were suppose to play on normal unit size (200 strong union regiment)

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    So we have to stick with volley fire, thats also why we stay by 3 ranks in the infantry to fill the loses of the front rank faster and ensure a better firing.
    3 ranks firing or first 2 ranks firing and the third used as filling up rank?

so confused now what will i do?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Lowes View Post
    Frontage will be paramount for the Union players haha, push that 400 man unit to the limit!
    When you play on ultra with 400 men, soldiers won't show all the unit details. Beside that, 400 soldiers each regiment will confuse the AI, formations will broke and the AI will be resettet to ETW v. 1.0.
    The maps are not designed for 400 men, pathfinding problems are all over the place, the gameplay isnt really ready made for that. Beside that, you cant form 2 rank fireing lines and the historical correctness of a 1:3 - 1:4 unit ratio will be lost

Thats why medium is the setting for gameplay, historical correctness and resolving AI and pathfinding issues
    The argument like "But on ultra, its more epic with many soldiers" is nonsense.. cause the sound atmoshphere and all the smoke creates an epic feeling, even on medium unit sizes
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Una pregunta soy Argentino y quisiera saber cuando saldrá este mod, para que me entiendan usaré el Google Traductor aunque es medio malo para traducir

When this mod was thrown?

Quote Originally Posted by iancx View Post
    Una pregunta soy Argentino y quisiera saber cuando saldrá este mod, para que me entiendan usaré el Google Traductor aunque es medio malo para traducir

When this mod was thrown?

Una semana o un poco más. Hope I understood you correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    3 ranks firing or first 2 ranks firing and the third used as filling up rank?
    In our actual filespacing settings mostly i see all three ranks firing. The other things are well explained by Hinkel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    When you play on ultra with 400 men, soldiers won't show all the unit details. Beside that, 400 soldiers each regiment will confuse the AI, formations will broke and the AI will be resettet to ETW v. 1.0.
    I've played ACW 2.65 in MP exclusively with friends, so its not much of an issue for us; but yes the one friend who has done the campaign has been playing on Medium sizes as recommended and reports that the AI behaves splendidly in combat.

I'll perhaps see if I can't record and upload a replay to show you what I mean; the ultra on ultra make for rather drawn out MP battles. Most of the battles end up becoming a fight for space to deploy; we've found whoever can push his units two ranks deep will almost always win a frontal firefight, clever flanks or use of cavalry or artillery not-withstanding.

There was one particular battle (in which I was spectating) where one of my friends managed to push his opposite off high ground into a cramped valley, and absolutely crushed 5 units of Infantry (cramped 6 ranks deep each) with only 3 of his own, deployed 2 ranks deep. We simply adore the ballistics this mod has; the rifles behave like rifles, very deadly.

Finally, I'm also very confused as to why you say the Ultra unit sizes take away the individual details...this screenshot I uploaded a while ago;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

was taken on 'Ultra' unit sizes; there is a fair amount of variety and detail amongst the units. Its certainly no attack of the clones. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this is what you are getting at, correct?

The maps are not designed for 400 men, pathfinding problems are all over the place, the gameplay isnt really ready made for that.
    Truth be told, the only map thus far we've had trouble with pathfinding on in general is Chancellorsville - which we play on Medium after learning our lesson the hard way. There is also a small Pathfinding issues on Gettysburg (Historic) near the base of Little-Round-Top, some units react in confusion to the dry river bed, otherwise we've had little in the way of trouble for that. Of note is also the Manassas bridge, but with the ford to its right the units usually flow over that rather than the bridge itself.

Obviously your game plays better the way you've meant it to be, but its not 'broken' on Ultra when its Human players involved. Its a far superior experience to the Vanilla ETW, and its, in my opinion, the most accurate depiction of steam-age killing power that I've yet seen in a video game. Even the most decisive victories won by our little group often involves well over 50 percent losses... you depict the bloodbath of the Civil War perfectly.
    Last edited by Lowes; April 12, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Napoleon Battle AARs:
    Sublime Combat -- Gentleman at war!

Cpl. Victor Rinaldi - Governer General's Horse Guards, 32nd Brigade Group, Canadian Forces. Shame to him who thinks evil of it

Can I get a copy of a 2.6 mod to keep me busy.. Im gonna have to start drinking again...
    Soo bored... I woke up today all excited and now Im disappointed

It's only been a few days that I've been playing this, and since I've hit a brick wall with CTDs that I can't figure out, I'm freaking out over the release of v3.0!!!

It's like heroin!!!

I NEED MY FIX!!!!!!!

Mad props to the dev for this mod!

...Ultra unit sizes take away the individual details...
    it doesn't take away individual details on artillery units; on ultra you have six cannons with 36 men... if i'm not mistaken...

but, your infantry units (confederate volunteers, regular infantry) will look like clones... most commonly you are missing soldiers wearing kepies and they all end up with hats...

that is the word of ACW Team and word is true... so it was made, so shall it be done....
    Last edited by Minas Moth; April 13, 2012 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    it doesn't take away individual details on artillery units; on ultra you have six cannons with 36 men... if i'm not mistaken...

but, your infantry units (confederate volunteers, regular infantry) will look like clones... most commonly you are missing soldiers wearing kepies and they all end up with hats...

that is the word of ACW Team and word is true... so it was made, so shall it be done....
    Eh no I haven't ever gotten the Clone army - though its worth noting I play on Large; Ultra was a typo. Thank you for your insights anyways.
    Napoleon Battle AARs:
    Sublime Combat -- Gentleman at war!

Cpl. Victor Rinaldi - Governer General's Horse Guards, 32nd Brigade Group, Canadian Forces. Shame to him who thinks evil of it

I didn't mind the fire control in 2.6. But I'm def going to try it on med and not ultra. Good tip. I can't wait for this OMG. *drool*

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Eh no I haven't ever gotten the Clone army - though its worth noting I play on Large; Ultra was a typo. Thank you for your insights anyways.
    If the bug appears, depends on the system...if you have enough power you can play on ultra and nothing happens, but if you have not enough power the game automatically reduces the unit variation, even if it's set on ultra

AFC98's Avatar Civis

Man, I really want a Civil War mod. I know I'm probaly the 100th person to ask, is there a set date for 3.0?
    Should I get 2.5 just to try it out?
    www.youtube.com/user/whenipwnedu Look here for great Total War "let's Play" videos and Total War Machcinima!

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

The leader of the mod said it will come out in the next 1-2 weeks, depending on the beta tests and bugs, also creating a installer etc. also 2.5 has many bugs and CTD so i would not advise on trying it, instead look at some previews and build up your excitement as i am sure that everyone here is eagar to play 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC98 View Post
    Man, I really want a Civil War mod. I know I'm probaly the 100th person to ask, is there a set date for 3.0?
    it will be released when its done, and that might be soon or not so soon however, if you are really so into the Civil War thematics i would recommend following mod: LINK
    it is stable (no crashes) and although it is not ACW it is still great piece of work... played it myself

Quote Originally Posted by Rometotalwar View Post
    The leader of the mod said it will come out in the next 1-2 weeks, depending on the beta tests and bugs, also creating a installer etc. also 2.5 has many bugs and CTD so i would not advise on trying it, instead look at some previews and build up your excitement as i am sure that everyone here is eagar to play 3.0.
    hear, hear... a wise words indeed

Why not, you don't need to start a campaign, try a few battles to get the feel before 3.0 comes out.

AFC98's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Rometotalwar View Post
    Well, I took your suggestion. I watched the movie "Glory".... The only Civil War movie Canadian Netflix has.

Now I truly can't wait!
    www.youtube.com/user/whenipwnedu Look here for great Total War "let's Play" videos and Total War Machcinima!

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Well, I took your suggestion. I watched the movie "Glory".... The only Civil War movie Canadian Netflix has.

Now I truly can't wait!
    hehe I know what you mean

Now I truly can't wait!
    you could watch gods&generals to. pretty decent piece of work... just watched it myself few weeks ago

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Hey AWC team, Hinkel and I started to inform the german strategie-zone.de-forum about your progress by distilling the infos you tell us here and post them there. We also copied some of your screenshots, hope that's ok!

Until now, our followers are quite excited and are all looking forward to the release.

MfG Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf