Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

Default Re: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

Question from someone who didn't get a chance to play 2.65 - how does the team feel about the balance of AI in the SP campaign for 3.0? That is to say is playing as one side or the other hugely advantageous bc the AI has a rough time playing as, say, the CSA? Most importantly, is the AI competitive at the game's start, or is it best to wait 10-25 turns to let it build up strength for a challenge?

I'm most interested in this question from the view of the human player as the CSA, since I'll start with them.

To be honest i cannot answer this question because atm when i have time to do something i work on the mod and there is less time left to beta test it by my own.
    For the moment we have different campaigns for csa and union, which gives us the ability to fine tune it much easier. In this first files we didnīt gave them starting armies for balancing issues, but you will recieve after the first turn a good amount of funds to raise your army.
    There will be really a difference when we patch it up then but at least we have then now a stable base version for you.

Hi Shoke, is there any way I can volunteer to be a beta tester for this mod? I have over 1000 hours play time on empire total war. and I am very keen to pick up on any problems. Also about the navy stuff is there any way to set as an option to just use vanilla navy stuff, I mean for the most part of the civil war it was still wooden frigates and the like. I have found while playing 2.6 that the naval battles take a significantly longer time than in regular, can I ask what was tweaked on the naval specs in 2.6 differing from vanilla? again thanks for your time and it it very appreciated each and every time you or member of the team responds to our questions.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Wilk View Post
    Hi Shoke, is there any way I can volunteer to be a beta tester for this mod? I have over 1000 hours play time on empire total war. and I am very keen to pick up on any problems. Also about the navy stuff is there any way to set as an option to just use vanilla navy stuff, I mean for the most part of the civil war it was still wooden frigates and the like. I have found while playing 2.6 that the naval battles take a significantly longer time than in regular, can I ask what was tweaked on the naval specs in 2.6 differing from vanilla? again thanks for your time and it it very appreciated each and every time you or member of the team responds to our questions.
    Mate, the public beta is due on thursday, I think you can wait two days

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    To be honest i cannot answer this question because atm when i have time to do something i work on the mod and there is less time left to beta test it by my own.
    For the moment we have different campaigns for csa and union, which gives us the ability to fine tune it much easier. In this first files we didnīt gave them starting armies for balancing issues, but you will recieve after the first turn a good amount of funds to raise your army.
    There will be really a difference when we patch it up then but at least we have then now a stable base version for you.

Sounds great shokh, your fans will dive into the campaigns and give you some solid feedback on campaign mechanics.

Mates, iīm afraid that i will have probably deliver a "bad" message later.
    To be honest i feel not that comfortable to give out our files in 2 days, which means we had not the time we needed that we are in the state to say all is good done. In fact we can press the missing things in this candidate but then i have to share something i wasnīt able to test before.

So this means that iīve probably to announce the new release need some more time, i guess about one week.

I will keep you up2date mates, and hope you understand the situation.

Hey, no problem - Job One is always the quality of the product. Thanks to you and your team for this great work.

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

yea cool mate. take all the time you need. one week is noting. I know your team is squirrelling away with the mod.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

It's a shame! but it's no problem, take your time.

Thanks for the update. We'll look forward to release whenever you lads have it ready.
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

Important

Okay guys, we had intern talkings and come the to conclusion that we will release a bit later.
    I donīt want to say now a exact date but it will be not that long, maybe about a week or a bit more.
    There will be an announcement about 2 days before release.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards, shokh & the ACW Team

This is not bad news to me, good things take time. Its better then having probs and 100s of post about them.
    Sir Godfrey de Ibelin

gabyu's Avatar Libertus

Well, good luck. Take your time to finish the mod; I'd better have something of quality released later than having a mod full of bugs, that doesn't work, released early.

Looking forward to this one mates, but make it the best you can before you release it!

What are we paying you moders for? Get back to work! *sarcasm*

Seriously, keep up the good work. I'm sure it'll be mind blowing when it's done.
    Last edited by WarOfAges1776; April 11, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

General Dan's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Important

Okay guys, we had intern talkings and come the to conclusion that we will release a bit later.
    I donīt want to say now a exact date but it will be not that long, maybe about a week or a bit more.
    There will be an announcement about 2 days before release.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards, shokh & the ACW Team
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
    This is my spring break

Question. Maybe this has been addressed but what will the "fire control" be for this? Fire by rank, front, then rear? Fire by company both ranks? Fire by file?

Sorry, reenactor here. Kinda appreciate that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WarOfAges1776 View Post
    Question. Maybe this has been addressed but what will the "fire control" be for this? Fire by rank, front, then rear? Fire by company both ranks? Fire by file?

Sorry, reenactor here. Kinda appreciate that stuff.
    I doubt it will change from 2.65, that is, fire-by-volley. The entire front rank of the battalion will fire. You'll notice that as your unit takes losses and has to dress its ranks its volleys become far more ragged - in a lengthy firefight I've noticed it really can't be called volley fire anymore. The units will fire as soon as they reload - it will pay to dress a unit out of the range of enemy rifles for that purpose as well.

Frontage will be paramount for the Union players haha, push that 400 man unit to the limit!
    Napoleon Battle AARs:
    Sublime Combat -- Gentleman at war!

Cpl. Victor Rinaldi - Governer General's Horse Guards, 32nd Brigade Group, Canadian Forces. Shame to him who thinks evil of it

Well the problem is we cannot make changes into animations as we want.
    Rank fire doesnīt fit the firing style used, and platoon fire which would be better makes the unit spread out before every shoot if you reach a bigger unit size. They will then overlap with other units and start chicken dancing.
    So we have to stick with volley fire, thats also why we stay by 3 ranks in the infantry to fill the loses of the front rank faster and ensure a better firing.