Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

Libertus

Default Re: [Version 3.0] The Daily Secession Informer

BTW Minas, Thanks for deleateing that 2nd post. that was by accident.

cant wait to play this game, and complete manifest destiny.

So I have been following the 3.0 progress though I haven't hardly said anything. I can't wait for 3.0 do to playing 2.65 and loving it. I even unlocked a few other countries for the "Battle" maps. My question is can I edit and unlock the other countries in 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by davidb1986 View Post
    So I have been following the 3.0 progress though I haven't hardly said anything. I can't wait for 3.0 do to playing 2.65 and loving it. I even unlocked a few other countries for the "Battle" maps. My question is can I edit and unlock the other countries in 3.0?
    We are working on it to make it modable.

Today at work I thought about siege battles, will they still be the big stone forts with 6 or 8 stars or will they be like Napoleon on a field besides it? cause the siege battles in Empire were soooooooooo boring

Just a simple question: will 3.0 have the same smoke effects as 2.65? That amount of smoke really adds to the realism of the game and I love it!

Yes itīs in 3.0 the same, but i altered the blood effects for better performance.
    Itīs planned that i rework blood and smoke more later.

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    I'm gonna whip you, whip you hard
    Not sure if the context of this is such a good idea giving the history of the Civil War era.

Libertus

Hmmm fourm is a little less active then useal

when is the exact release date you said soon before but does anyone know the actual date

Quote Originally Posted by goldfighter View Post
    when is the exact release date you said soon before but does anyone know the actual date
    He said between May 6 and May 14

yea srry bout that post i wasnt paying attention

but i do have a question will there be an option to move capitals for instance say im playing as the csa and im getting beet bad could i say move it to texas to make it easier to defend? and another one is will you add the ability to recruit black troops in the csa even though they didnt do that in the war?

EDIT: merged posts... use edit button, please; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 09, 2012 at 02:14 AM. Reason: doubleposting

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SurfingDoc View Post
    Not sure if the context of this is such a good idea giving the history of the Civil War era.
    I was actually referring to common battle/pre-battle phrase, where generals (Lee for example) said things like: "I am going to whip 'em, or they are going to whip me!" no, hit-slave thing was intended

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Rich View Post
    Hmmm fourm is a little less active then useal
    we are busy... rl, and testing alike...

but i do have a question will there be an option to move capitals for instance say im playing as the csa and im getting beet bad could i say move it to texas to make it easier to defend? and another one is will you add the ability to recruit black troops in the csa even though they didnt do that in the war?
    not sure if this is even possible...I guess game will automatically shift your capital if Richmond is taken...

They told impatient people like you to wait 'till it comes out.

Originally Posted by goldfighter

Just FYI the above statement is incorrect there were in fact blacks that did fight for the confederacy and they were not segregated as they were in the union army. Its one of those things that most teachers don't even want to teach because it takes away the idea of the war being all about slavery and nothing else. I'm not jumping down your throat just pointing out that research states different. I have been a civil war reenactor since I was 10 next year being 20 years so the civil war has become kind of a passion.

Yes, there where black soldier on csa side. But there will none in our base version 3.0

No, the option to change your capitol will not be included. If you lose virginia, your capitol will be then richmond. But if you take some time and read trough the modding tutorials you can find how to change the capitol in a campaign file (ESF).

Man, this mod seems so awesome. I noticed that a while ago you guys posted that you cannot import/export models so you can't make the Ironclad ships. When such a mod tool comes out, i have no doubt that you guys would jump on the opportunity to please hardcore history buffs that will ask for the Ironclads.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Some italian soldiers fought on the Confederate side, even...

To bring it back to the beginnings...there will be no black soldiers in the csa army in our mod for now.
    But a new infantry unit with germans is fighting in 3.0 for the union.

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    But a new infantry unit with germans is fighting in 3.0 for the union.
    The 32nd Indiana Infantry (aka "1st German") I guess?