Thread: The Last Stand - A British AAR

Default The Last Stand - A British AAR

Hello everyone, my name is Codeydbw, I am new to the forum and this is my first Post. I have read many AAR's and own 4 Total War Games. I plan on writing many more AAR's in the future on the Empire, Medieval 2 and Rome threads. I hope you all enjoy.

Default Re: The Last Stand - A British AAR

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Prologue

It is mid-night and the the parties start. Happiness spreads through the Kingdom of Britain as the population celebrates a new year. However, things are not well in Europe, France has gone on a dominating streak and has become the biggest super power in all of the world. Preparing for this, Britain, Austria and Russia made a oath, to fight together and restore balance to Europe. At the eve of New Years, George The Third invites Alexandrer The First and Francais The First to a meeting.

George III: Well gentlemen, our worst fears have come true. The French Empire has exploded in size and is a huge threat to Europe and the rest of the world. This Napoleon Bonaparte is behind the entire thing, he has brought the French Empire to what it is.

Alexandra I: Napoleon must be stopped, his armies prepare to march on Russia! We can not let this happen, he is already the most powerful man in Europe, we must restore the balance.

Francais I: Perhaps we should look for some more allies? Maybe the Prussians or the Portugese could be persuaded to help us?

George III: That is a good idea, I shall get the a letter to Portugal and Prussia quickly.

Alexandra I: We need to prepare for a full scale war, the Spanish and the French are both on good terms and could form a trouble-some duo. George, I think I speak for all members of the Coalition when I say, you need to make sure Napoleon's Navy is kept in check. If we allow him to gain Sea Supremacy, we might as well start learning French.

Francais I: Agreed, also I think you should send the Duke Of Wellington into French Territory and secure a supply point for a campaign against the French. Maybe if we can eliminate Spain and the Ottoman Empire, we can give France a war on 3 fronts.

George III: I agree with both statements, so where would you suggest we establish this Supply Point? Maybe the city of Caen?

Alexandra I: That sounds like a wise idea, especialy because it borders Paris. however, it is a double sided knife, the armies near Paris are extremely powerful and it would take a lot of effort to repel a attack on Caen.

Francais I: I guess it is a risk, we will have to take.

So, I have a quick Survey type thing for anyone who wants to reply to it.

Question 1: What do you think of my writing style?

Question 2: Would you follow this AAR?

Question 3: How could I improve?

Question 4: Britain is going to Invade Normandy, after this they have 2 options, either head to The rest of French territory and link up with the Russiann-Austrian forces or take on Spain in an attempt to add Portugal to the Coalition?

Question 5: What other country, Minor or Major would you like to see added to the Coalition?

1. You're writing style is unique in the way you color coded names.

2. I think it has potential. So yes.

3. It's hard to say what you can improve on, since you've just started.

4. Continue assaulting france, I attacked spain in my campaign after taking normandy. I lost all of my gains.

5. Spain would be interesting, but it's not easy.

Thanks for replying Victus, I realised that Spain is a hard faction to fight in a test campaign I did, so I think I will take your advice and continue on France.

Sorry about the delay guys, I wanted to get this up yesterday. I had it all written up, only for me to be a complete idiot and hit the back button, which followed with me losing all of my work. Spending a while on stuff and then losing it is very De-moralizing.
    However, I added more detail and in my opinion this version is better....so I guess it works out for the best?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Early January, 1805

King George stood from his balcony, looking at his kingdom that he proudly ruled. He knew that if he failed his duties, a French flag would be raised upon this great nation, he would never be able to forgive himself.

He knew his duties for the coalition, his first priority was to keep a struggle on the French Navy and if possible, Blockade the French Ports and Trade Routes. He also needed to establish a foothold in French-Occupied Normandy.

George orderd that the Caen Invasion army would be lead by The Duke Of Wellington, Arthur Wesley. It was crucial for Britain to establish a foothold in French territory and he wanted his most trusted General to be at the battle, it would take two weeks for the army to reach Caen.

George also began recruitment of a 2nd army, this army was to invade Holland. If the Bavarians could be dealt with quickly, he would have one less enemies to deal with. This would also give him a launching pad to begin the capture of more French territory.

Late January, 1805

Wesley's army would be marching on Cean at any second now, The success of this battle would be a huge factor in the future of the Coalition. If Britian didn't start harrasing France, then this war would become a lot harder then it already was.

George was notified that The Rhine had become independant, however they were loyal to the Napoleon Bonaparte, so if anything they would just be another thorn in the Coalition's side.

The Battle Of Caen

Wesley lined up his men in a huge line, he knew what was resting on his shoulders. If he failed then the British Campaign against France would be at a big pause.

Once the French soldiers were in range, it didn't take long for the British Artillery to start firing. It was important that the enemy men were weakend, to minimize casualties.

The British troops opened fire on the French infantary as soon as they were in range.

The French soldiers were caught in a deadly cross-fire from the well trained British troops.

Wesley noticed some Armed Citizen marching on his flanks, so he sent his cavalry to stop them in their tracks.

It was then reported that the enemy General, Tristan De La Croix had been killed in the battle, securing the victory for Wesley's army.

The City of Caen was now in British control, the first battle of the Napoleonic Wars was won for George The Third.

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

My only bit to complain about is that George III was a bit bonkers by the Napoleonic Wars.

First of all wlecome to the forums.

This looks like a good AAR, but my only complaint is, stop deleting photos in photobucket that you have used here, Its makes them disappear.

EDIT: Arthur Wellesley wasn't the Duke of Wellington till after the penesular war, but as you aren't going to spain anytime soon you will have to find him a target to make him the Duke, maybe you might want to change the prevouis posts, but I don't mind if you don't.
    Last edited by The_King; April 09, 2012 at 02:53 AM.