Thread: Advice...

Default Advice...

Have bought myself a new Laptop as my old one has hit the knackers yard. On it I had Kingdoms, Napoloen and Shogun 2 Installed.

I have Rome on my new one but don't love that much and so want to get Kingdoms and the Westeros and Third Age Mods {cant wait for the Westeros release}.

Rather than installing my original Kingdoms disc I bought would it better just to buy it off steam i,e updated clean version as my discs are a little old.

Welcome advice and apologies if this should come under a different thread.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Advice...

Nah, save yourself the money and install from disc and then update to 1.5

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Many thanks! Not sure if I had updated to 1.5! Anyway look forward to playing this. Sad but Rome 2 just hasn't done anything for me

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Welcome and looks like you made the right choice

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
    Many thanks! Not sure if I had updated to 1.5! Anyway look forward to playing this. Sad but Rome 2 just hasn't done anything for me
    No, me neither. It's ok, but just not really the same feeling the older games gave me.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Stick it in with the pointy end

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    No, me neither. It's ok, but just not really the same feeling the older games gave me.
    What do you think it is?

Personally I find the menu's confusing, the map and all the options a little overwelming. It is almost like it got a little too fancy or perhaps I am getting older and more averse to new shiny things!

I have gone back and found the original Shogun very dated but the Medieval Total War / Kingdoms with the Mods is consistently the most enjoyable. I liked Napoleon but I think guns etc don't lend itself to the TW franchise that well.

Decision made anyway, will try to play Rome a little more but will spend the rest of my time with Third Age and Westeros once it is released. Can't wait!