Thread: How do I remove fog of war in 2.0?

Default How do I remove fog of war in 2.0?

First, thank you for your excellent work of modding! I also enjoyed your Empire Darthmod a lot.
    Second, I managed to remove fog of war in Darthmod 1.8 by installing a modified scripting lua file that I downloaded here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=336262
    And installed here ...\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon

Now after installing Darthmod 2.0 there is this new scripting file beside the original: "bak_scripting" that is. I have tried adding "scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false)" at the exact same place in the bak_scripting file as in the modified scripting file that I downloaded, but it seems to make no difference. Fog of war is still not disabled. So even though there is not a "scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false)" at that spot in the bak_scripting file it doesn't seem to be the solution to add that that in order to remove the fow.

So how do I remove fow in Darthmod 2.0?

Default Re: How do I remove fog of war in 2.0?

Open the scripting you use and search for the line:

scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false)

Probably it should be at the function OnFactionTurnStart about at the end of the txt. Place the same line in the same place in ...\napoleon total war\data\DMN\DMN_Scripts\lua\eur_scripting.lua, but first keep a backup of it just in case...

Default Re: How do I remove fog of war in 2.0?

It works like a charm. Thanks a lot!
    It was the destination that I had gotten all wrong.