Thread: Modding AGENT LIMIT

Default Modding AGENT LIMIT

Wooooo okay figured this out, here is a basic tutorial. If you are unfamiliar with how the PFM works look under the tutorial in this section of the forum.
    You will need to start a new mod with the following files (extract from data/patch9 - I did this for ROTS which is why patch9 but if you want to do it for the main campaign it should still work):
    1. agents_tables
    2. building_effects_junction_tables
    3. building_factionwide_effects_junctions_tables

Once you have a mod with these three files added, change the names of the files from "agents" "building_effects" etc to something with a prefix, like "custom_agents" "custom_building_effects_junction" "custom_building_factionwide_effects_junctions" - THIS IS IMPORTANT. If, like I think everybody, you want to run your little tweak mod AND a major overhaul like DMS you need to give the tables unique names.

1. agents
    Under agents locate the entries for "geisha" "missionary" "monk" "ninja" "metsuke" for the Main Campaign and "gempei_dancer" "gempei_inspector" "gempei_spy" "gempei_monk" for ROTS in the first column. The 9th column is a number, depending on the agent/game it should be either 0, 5, or 12 which are the numbers you should see to help you identify the right column in case you can't count. Mod this number to whatever you like - I have set it to 15, but I believe 0 means no limit, so feel free to try that and respond on here if that works for creating an infinite number of agents! I see a major obstacle to this which I'll mention below where it's relevant. I would suggest deleting the other entries as they are not necessary and won't effect anything since you gave your table a unique name...right?

2. building_effects_junction
    I am no longer super convinced this does anything but you may as well change it. The entries you are looking for are (gem_)agent_availability_quality_AGENTNAME (replace that with the agent's name, it starts with "gem_" if you are doing it for ROTS). Change this number to something higher for each of the building chains' buildings; I changed it from 1 to 4. After this delete all the entries in the table that you are not using, so that other mods do not conflict - you did give your table a unique name, right?

3. building_factionwide_effects_junctions_tables
    This is the key that people in other threads were missing for making this actually work, but it's actually really simple. Find the "(gem_)agent_cap entries for each of the building chains and mod that to whatever you like. I have it set to 4. What this means is that each ninja building or whatever will allow you to recruit not 1 but 4 ninja. This is the "Agents Per Number Of Provinces Owned" bit, and not changing it will make your mod have no effect. After you're done delete all the other entries in the table that you are not using.

Last, change your user.script to include "mod whateveryounamedyourmod.pack;" just like that.

Closing note: I should probably have just included a tutorial on this since I couldn't find anything else on here. But I'm lazy. Because I am a cheap cheap bstard I do not want all the AI spamming agents. In my ROTS campaign, I added all of these lines to my clan's PALACE instead of to the appropriate buildings. What this means is that the real recruitment facilities remain unchanged, but once I researched and built my clan's palace (which I also made non-unique so it could be spammed) the *palace* enabled me to recruit 4 of each unit type. I recommend something like this, or creating a faction-unique(ish) building, if you don't want the AI to have the same bonuses.
    The easy way to do this is to 1. create a new building with the "requirement" of your clan's influence - or for the main campain I would suggest christian only? or 2. add it to some other building - like your clan's palace or the nanban quarter, and then streamline your research/construction to unlock that ASAP. I am not aware of a way to actually create a faction-specific building, but given the way the AI, even with something like DMS installed, plays, I'm willing to bet you won't see a lot of those high-tier buildings dotting the map.

Let me know if this is helpful or you encounter problems - I know I was waiting for this from day one, can't believe it took this long to figure out!

EDIT: for the extremely lazy, I am attaching the mod/tweak I use in my game. If you want to use it you need to add it to your user.script but it should not conflict with DMS or any other mod (if it does, my apologies/apathy). It does the above for the Fujiwara clan in ROTS with the ROTS agents, but it should provide a base mod for anyone. If you want to change the effects under building_effects_ and building_factionwide_ just change the Building ID entries to the building of your choice (look on forum for building names or in the base files), and if you want to enable it for the main campaign change the building names and under "agents" I think I've already set the agent limits to 12 but double-check.
    I also have another version (that is what I actually use) with 15 agent-cap, 4 for each chain, a unique unit, an additional trade port building upgrade that gives more trade routes, and a unique trade ship based on the Red Seal Ship, all enabled for only the Fujiwara (easily changeable) if anyone wants that.
    Last edited by madpluck; January 22, 2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: adding mod file

Default Re: Modding AGENT LIMIT

reserved.

does this one work for Fots too and where doe I put the file?

As to the other version with the unique tradeship yea, I'd love it for my normal shogun2

Quote Originally Posted by lognix View Post
    does this one work for Fots too and where doe I put the file?

As to the other version with the unique tradeship yea, I'd love it for my normal shogun2
    This *process* works for FoTS. Do you want me to upload the version of the mod I made for FOTS?

Make a one for the main campaign please? The tutorial for changing it for the main campaign confuses me and id really appreciate it if you could just do it for me really quick. Thanks

Hello

I want mod/change shogun2 main game
    Tell me pls how i can limit agents i want reduced max 3
    How can open pack files?

Ok i founded that program: pack file manager
    i modded but not work with main game shogun 2
    how i can make own mod?(maybe i can find data.pack? or where?

Not sure if you're still checking this, but I'd thoroughly enjoy the second version of the mod you mentioned. Can you upload that? Thanks so much for the great tutorial, by the way.