Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite faction in medieval 2 total war?

SackFulloApplez's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Whats your favorite faction in medieval 2 total war?

I like Sicily, because the pope protects me. For a while.

Engie's Avatar Ordinarius

For me, England (and not just because I'm from England ). They start in a very secure location with only Scotland (who are easily taken care of) to the north and the French near your castle in Normandy which in my experience can be easily defended.

They also get longbowmen which are in my opinion the best archer unit in the game.

I really like the Aztecs. I have a Thing for flashy, flamboyant military uniforms/armor, and it's so satisfying changing history up and murdering Christian invaders left and right. Plus I hate cavalry in M2.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Vanilla? Byzantine.
    Mods? Norway.

But, they're both equally my favorite.

Centenarius

Spain in vanilla campaign
    Apacheans in kingdoms

At the moment i love the Papal States

Better close this thread, there are many other threads with the same content, and even better, with polls for result.

In the late period, my favorite is Spain. In the beginning I like Denmark and Milan.

In vanilla it's Milan with the crossbowmen and i just find it funny how i end up owning half Europe and still called a Duke and i'm surrounded by tiny little kingdoms with their kings.
    Mods it'd be Wales as they have the epic looking Morgannwg Spearmen and a bloody dragon on their flag!

portrugal is a very fun Campaign. they have a sem-isolated position on the iberian peninsula and so long as you dont mind a dreaded king you can always spam assassins to destroy spain without pissing off the pope.france can be persuaded to ally with a marriage alliance for about 15-20 turns before they attack. easy access to Timbuktu and Arguin for gold and ivory. the unit roster kinda favors light infantry tactics which can be challenging but fun. Jinetes make an excellent police force. the Caravels allow you to get a headstart to the new world and last but not lease portuguese arquebusiers and Aventuros make a devastating field army. just use the "exploding turtle technique. "place arquebusiers directly in front of the pike line while putting your army on the corner of the battlemap with artillery behind the lines."

sickpeople's Avatar Semisalis

Teutonic Order
    Ritterbrūder are the most beautiful and deadlier knights I have ever seen. Badass.

Idiots, Idiots never change.

Quote Originally Posted by sickpeople View Post
    Teutonic Order
    Ritterbrūder are the most beautiful and deadlier knights I have ever seen. Badass.
    Their helmets look badass from afar, but look weird when zoomed in O.o

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

denmark, for their viking heritage units and their positon, making them ideal for any nomad campaign

Yes, the campaign with Denmark is interesting. I also like Norway in the Britannia expansion.

Turkey, France, Venice, Byzantines.

Russia is good.
    "War is an extension of diplomacy, but by other means." Karl von Clausewitz

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    Better close this thread, there are many other threads with the same content, and even better, with polls for result.
    Than we better close your topic, there are many others like it with the same content, and even better. ( im referring to flamers)

Nonetheless Scotland is my favorite. They start with a secure posititon and if you play your cards right you can decimiate england while they are dealing with france. Then you work your way to denmark and then start your invasion of the mainland from two fronts.

Venice, because of OP heavy infantry, the fastest cavalry in the game (according to me) who can chase down any horse archer, good artillery, more than decent archers and crossbowmen, good starting position and so on.

i really like england with their longbowmen and heavy infrantry, i like venice for their unique (read: look looking) roster of infratry.
    but most of all i think i like the turks, badass helbard infrantry, great archers, great horse and the hashashim for some fun OP infrantry.
    my most used strat was to make a fortress of spearmen and heavy infrantry, with lines of archers. and just pick at the enemy with horse archers until they attacked or their lines where weakend enough to charge.
    this seemed to work quite well. only when faced with an enemy with allot of archer for their own it was harder since the horse achers would get hurt badly.

mostly i like factions with great infrantry and archers, since the charge machenics of cavalry is crap in medieval 2 in my opinion, or maybe i just suck at it

I fancy the Rebels...

Vanilla: Poland (because Polish nobles and strzelcy stomp everything)
    SS: No favorites, but Portugal surprised me...so I'd say them if I had to choose

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast