Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite faction in medieval 2 total war?

Eastern.Europe's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Whats your favorite faction in medieval 2 total war?

I have only played as Poland, France and Hungary. My favorite are the Hungarians. So many different options with them. And I like to play turtle

Jacobim Mugatu's Avatar Foederatus

France and Spain, I've never noticed any real weaknesses in their unit rosters. Plus they're really fun to conquer the New World with. England not too far behind either (I'm a huge archer fanboy)

The Turks are also despicably strong, love to play as them.

The Moors as from the start they have a nice strategic position, access to loads of cash when economically developed and have plenty of mobile armoured piercing troops to have fun with the europeans. That's even before gun powder...

/

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid99 View Post
    Muslims having crappy infantry? Say wah? Puh-lease, try Christian Guard, Urban Militia, Janissary Heavy Infantry, Sipahi Lancers, and Al Hashshashin. The only Muslim faction with crappy infantry is Egypt. They really need some sort of Dismounted Mamluks. They would be bad-ass.
    Tabardariyya are pretty good, and they have Saracen Militia and Halberd Militia, which are good at holding a line. And their excellent cavalry compensates anything their infantry lack.

I only played vanilla with HRE so far, it was awesome (still playing, going for world domination). Next time I play I think I'll choose Danes or Moors.

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by mindOverdrive View Post
    Tabardariyya are pretty good, and they have Saracen Militia and Halberd Militia, which are good at holding a line. And their excellent cavalry compensates anything their infantry lack.

I only played vanilla with HRE so far, it was awesome (still playing, going for world domination). Next time I play I think I'll choose Danes or Moors.
    Indeed, Egypt is a faction for cavalry tactics, and their infantry is mainly suited for defending lines or hit-and-die tactics. But their cavalry is very capable and usually multi-purpose.

By the way, take the Moors - they´re the most different from the Holy Roman Empire, and will make for a more interesting game in your particular case
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

There are several threads about this and I know I have posted my favorites several times, but I'll do it again.

France
    Egypt
    Denmark

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

All the Christian factions are good because they have more balanced rosters than anyone else
    But as for my favorite it is probably the Hungarians. Color scheme is good. (I know many people disagree with this) But I like their position and I like invading Greece.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Venice: nice roster and position
    Denmark: Vikings
    Moors: Balanced roster with Western elements
    England: Longbowmen

My favourite is England. I like professional armies, and I like strong, heavy infantry. England is the only faction with both.

My favourite is england and the kingdom of jerusalem

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

In regular Med. 2 my favorite are The Turks. Horse archers are just simply awesome in battle. Kind of a spread out position on the map yes, but with a few jihads you can quickly consolidate your position and then if you knock out Egypt you have the Levant sea trade. Next favorite would be France, then the Moors, and then The Byzantine Empire. In Brittania: England. In Crusades: The Turks. In Teutonic: The Teutonic Order. In Americas: New Spain followed by the Aztecs.

My favorite faction at this moment has to be the Moors. Grenadine Jinetes and Desert Cavalry are excellent at taking out Knights and armored units. Plus later on you get Christian Guards which are very powerful and Camel Gunners with long range . They also get a challenging position on the map.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Byzantium, Turks, Poland

Byzantium and Turks because of their interesting start position and different enemies they can face, much more varied then for example HRE or England, who usually fight with 'feudal christians' (Sicily with knights, Venice with crossbow militia, Hungary with dismounted knights, Egypt with desert units, mongols and Timmies with horse archers)
    Poland because their unit roster is quite unique among catholics, and they are the only ones who look a bit 'dirty and rugged' (I mean the unit skins). It is also fun to kick the butt of Russia and HRE, and then fight the mongols and timmies!

I really have a hard time playing as HRE/France/Scotland, the accent the agents use really annoy me.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

Egypt and Denmark.

Poland
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

I would have to Say the Byzantine (Roman) Empire and France. I enjoy the history of both and they both hold a certain amount of 'legitimacy' for massive expansion.

Feel free to add me.

1. The Teutonic Order
    2. HRE/Denmark
    3.Russia/Novgorod
    4.Scotland/England

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Probably England due to their good archers and good late infantry.

Milan, Dennmark and Scotland.

Oh sorry, didn't post why. Teutonic Order: I am 80% Prussian, so that helps, and their units are totally wicked. I never use that term, only when the subject deserves it. And HRE's zweihanders are so cool, and good. And Denmark's vikings. I love the Russian cavalry, and 5-10% Russian, the Boyar Sons and Dvor are awesome. England, I'm not trying to just randomly tell you what I am, but, I'm interested in what I am, so that usually influences what I like. 10% English and the Longbowmen are also cool, being a longbow archer, myself. And Scotland, I am fond of the Highlanders. Their face paint and kilts just gives Medieval 2 a wild unorganized feeling, yet their units are still good.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast