Thread: Ally betrayal

Default Ally betrayal

Hi, firstly I just want to say wow! This mod is awesome, well done to all involved! Been playing a campaign as Rohan on medium difficulty, it's great fun! Had some brilliant battles against Isengard so far, outmanoeuvring their pikes with my cavalry etc. Theoden, Theodred, Gamling and a few others died along the way, with Erkenbrand becoming King Managed to conquer Isengard at last, had to fight four Sarumans at once for some reason

Some time before I conquered Isengard, Gondor betrayed me for seemingly no reason whatsoever, and came to beseige a couple of my towns, before I scared them off. But this meant that my alliance with the Free Peoples also was broken. Neither Gondor or the Free Peoples are willing to negotiate peace, not even if I offer lots of money, or even a town! Is there any way I can regain my allies? I don't want to have to be stuck with these negative effects on my fellowship members (except Gimli who already died!)

Default Re: Ally betrayal

NVM, I found this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424409 concerning the blind alliances script option, which solved my problem!

Default Re: Ally betrayal

Hey, I know, that's kinda annoying, that's why I enjoy playing evil factions the most, they're expected to be treacherous anyway xD.

But still, one way to lessen this trouble you should use the force diplomacy script:

PC-Player
    There is script available to force the AI to accept any offer from your Diplomat, very useful to keep the alliances close to the lore.
    When in diplomatic scroll, click question mark (help button), click advisor portrait, and then click show me how button.
    Then they will accept any offer you made.
    From this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=458976