Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Combat/Real Recruitment 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED to 3.2 Vanilla-version 1.5 RELEASED

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.3 RELEASED!

Moneybags14 will be working on the unit statgen spreadsheet, doing it all manually frankly takes ages and its very easy to make mistakes.

Remember the Guide is only a part of the story, there have been many, many updates to other files such as mounts, projectiles (eg accuracy updates for different weapons employed in different ways, updated projectile types and racial accuracy effects) and especially to many animations, which combine with updates such as the new cavalry types and stats to make each unit's behaviour and capabilities much more distinctive than before. Other examples would be how cut-and-thrust swords have different animations, stats, attack speeds and space required to use than pure cutting/hacking weapons, and a new morale and mental stats system.

These changes work to further emphasise the differences between races, unit types and skill levels, along with such additions as the new weapon/missile/armor/shield quality modifiers, which stack with racial modifiers to very much make units such as Eldar extremely formidable.
    Last edited by Point Blank; January 28, 2012 at 01:10 AM.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.3 RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis_GR View Post
    @Knel it is pretty easy to include them.Just tell which version you use,baron's,vanilla or vanilla+armor change and will upload it with them.hf
    I use baron´s submod, thanks.

Nemesis_GR's Avatar Miles

@Knel here you go hf!
    Real Combat 1.4.1 UPDATED for TATW 4.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=518028

Good stuff nemesis, keep the versions coming. i am sure a productive man like yourself will have the all units converted to the new PB version in a day or two. :>
    And thanks to PB for the new and better version.

Hey nemesis. Do you consider your work finished right now or do you think of adding a new version soon?

No of course it is not finished.I ll upload today 1.3b with fixed uruk bodyguards(they were a halberd unit in 1.4 and i forgot to delete some values like phalanx,movement speed 0.7 etc) and new orthanc guards classed as elite.

Now that the main project is done doing small changes like unit types/stats is a matter of minutes in most cases.So it is not about me but about how much feedback i get.Hf all

thanks for the upload nemesis.
    I just played my first battle with trolls with RC and their charge is pretty weak compared to cavalry, conidering enemy casualities. In my opinion their charge should be as strong as cavalry´s.
    Or is this "problem" not solveable because trolls are infantry?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis_GR View Post
    No of course it is not finished.I ll upload today 1.3b with fixed uruk bodyguards(they were a halberd unit in 1.4 and i forgot to delete some values like phalanx,movement speed 0.7 etc) and new orthanc guards classed as elite.

Now that the main project is done doing small changes like unit types/stats is a matter of minutes in most cases.So it is not about me but about how much feedback i get.Hf all
    Apart from that, what other kind of detail would there be to fix?

How does one make this submod compatible with the extended map barrons ver? is it possible and has anyone done it?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy55 View Post
    How does one make this submod compatible with the extended map barrons ver? is it possible and has anyone done it?

I don't think there should be any conflicts... have you tried it?

RC animations need to combined with TATW 3.1 anims and recompiled.

but do you find this submod almost complete? apart from the few details.

Looks like Nemesis_GR has been doing a great job.

I'm on a mac, so I have special needs and problems. I'm playing RC 1.3 as Gondor and every time I encounter a orc bodyguard there is the lovely CTD. Also the orc bodyguard seem unable to move. It is when I attack the unit there is a CTD by the way. Also how d I install the Armor thingy? Where do I put the file? In data? Keep up the good job.

I'm talking about Mordor orc bodyguard.

@Jakethesnake if u read some posts up u ll see the solution to this bug.Anyway i ll upload next version in a while.It will fix this bug and do some more minor fixes.hf

@PB thanks mate!

EDIT:Version 1.3b is up.Hf all
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.3B RELEASED!

Just curious, did you hate or like the other ideas or changes I made where I added a Uruk raider unit and changed the old raiders to swordsmen. See for me the problem with that unit being called raiders, makes little sense. I never heard of raiders in general having such strong, tough, or large shields for one thing. And if the unit idea was taken from the movie, they appeared to be light troops carrying swords and bows and little if any armor.

For Rohan, I changed scouts to horsemen militia, now this was not done soley for individual taste, I got the precedent and inspirational idea from a earlier Lord of the Rings mod for RTW, which had Rohan Militia as light horse units but a larger unit than most Rohan horse units and with lower attack and defense stats than them. While, I could not say a raider unit or unit name is a bad idea, logically and in general, it would be a fairly light fast moving unit. Scouts on the other hand are in reality more like what the game calls spies. They scout out enemy terrain or troop movements or places to fight or move out from or so on and they do so in very small units if even in a unit as often they maybe just individuals. In historical ancient egypt, they had a light horsemen unit of scouts, these men carried throwing sticks and sometimes even light bows. They were very few in number and rarely if ever participated in any battle, they were not a military unit as such, they only helped military by, scouting. The weapons they carried were not really to fight battles with but for self defense while doing their scouting job.

I also added Rhudaur hillmen, axmen, and horsemen to the Gundobad faction. Ideally, especially if you used Agostinos extra unit submod, should not the evil factions who already had fairly small rosters in vanilla receive any attention? If I could, I would probably add goblin men to OTMM, Dragon Scale warriors and maybe small units of wains to Rhun. If it were possible, it would be nice to see some nazgul on fell beasts. I might also make the otmm warg unit larger than the isengard one but with lower defense and attack stats.

If you add special smiths, what benefits might those constructions have? (aka Moria for Dwarves and Isengard for Isengard?) I do know the LOTR mod for RTW, I think, which actually had some of the same team working on that mod as worked on third age, as well I believe, did in fact have unique smiths for Isengard and I think Moria.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.3B RELEASED!

RC can be adapted to any mod/submod.What you are suggesting is a completely new submod.So go ahead and make it!Adapting it to RC is a secondary issue.

Anyway if u want my opinion:
    1.Uruk raiders should be light infantry.
    2.Rohan could get cavalry militia but maybe there some gameplay issues with this.(public order,sieges etc).
    3.OOG already have these units as mercenaries afaik.You made them recruitable?AOR?Anyway OOG and OOTM maybe need bigger rosters.

ps.There want be anything "special" about the mentioned smiths.They will just be higher level smiths.
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Sindar BG only has a range of 200 and they are special, must be a mistake.
    Also are there any big issues or changes coming up for the future Nemesis? reason im wondering is cause i want to edit a few files of my own but i prefer using your final version or close to it.
    Last edited by Malanthor; January 31, 2012 at 12:33 AM.

No they are ok.They are skirmish archers.They get lower range but more accuracy.But they shouldnt have cannot_skirmish.

There are no major changes coming up.Only small fixes and tweeks as i play and get feedback from you.What might those changes be btw?hf