Thread: Market bug hotfix and military education?

Laetus

Default Market bug hotfix and military education?

Hello everyone!

First, let me say that this is one of the best mods I tried for M2TW. Congratulations to the mod team on great work!
    I've been playing it on and off for the last three years and I was wondering if it is possible to compile a quick hotfix for the infamous market bug? I am sure that many people find it annoying not being able to develop the market buildings normally and since the next version is still in the works, this could help make current games more appealing. Is there a way to fix it ourselves? I am not a modder myself but I guess if someone knows how to fix it, could they post instructions how to do it?

My second question relates to the military education for young princes. I can't seem to get it to work :S I tried sending them as freshmen to castles but I am not sure where to get this library for my castle? I explored the building trees in my castles and there is no such building. What exactly do I have to do to get my character militarily educated?

Thank you for any answers you may have.

Ultimus's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Market bug hotfix and military education?

I don't know how many changes are to come with the next version but a small hotfix with some bugg-hunting would be much appreciated indeed

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i guess i forgot about this... i'd want a market hotfix too, although i'm pretty sure it isn't save compatible... and about the education, i don't remember exactly now, but i thought education in castles needs barracks ??

Laetus

Yeah, I believe I had barracks built in those castles. What level barracks are needed exactly? When you hover your mouse over the "freshman" trait on your general, it says it can have 3 kinds of education and for military education, it specifies "a castle with a library". What building is this exactly?

And a hotfix for this market bug would indeed be much appreciated but I am also pretty sure it wouldn't be save compatible. I don't mind this much at the moment though I am eager to start a "proper" game anyway

i have found out about the military education. yes you need a castle (that is not the capital) with library, but the bad part is that only denmark, scotland, hungary, poland, can construct libraries in castles... so if you don't play any of these factions, it's impossible to get military education... so you have to either send the generals to the capital (the best i think) or to another city with a church...
    this seems very weird to me, can anyone else tell me if this is wright or wrong?

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

Any way of adding libraries and/or schools to cities and castles then for other factions? I know certain mods have it availabe...

Feel free to add me.

i'm not sure if this would work without giving a CTD, so make a backup of the files first:
    to add library to all factions open the EDB (export_descr_buildings) in SV/data folder and search for this:
    library castle requires factions { denmark, scotland, hungary, poland, } ...blabla...

change it to this:
    library castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }

do the same with the next one which is academy castle. you can also add the agents for all cultures if you understanded

this will give this building to all factions, but the new factions might not have images/descriptions for the library, and it shouldn't do a CTD, but do a bachup first... do this to all EDB's you find... also it is NOT save compatible
    also this might help you http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221102

Unzip this and paste over MIITW/mods/SV/data/... It will fix market bug in castles. It's save compatible, although you will have to build everything again; from grain exchange up (old markets from old saves will still be visible so collapse them)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry, I uploaded wrong zip. Use this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could you explain what was the problem? I assume it was some small mistake at market building?

Does anyone have this market Bug fix???
    The ones simeseko posted are not working, the first one solves problem until next load game, and the second one solves problem by preventing markets to build att all, no trade section in building browser.