Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TROM3 1.6 BETA 5 RELEASED *11 Feb 2012*

Icon4 TROM3 1.6 BETA 5 RELEASED *11 Feb 2012*

TROM3 1.6 BETA5

(compatible with savegames from version 1.5 and up)

Ok, another Beta. I reversed some changes to matchlocks from the previous version (matchlock can destroy walls) because I found a better solution to make them a bit stronger in siege attacks without unwanted side effects. I also found that removing katanas from yari ashigaru makes these guys far too powerfull in spearwall formation. Therefore I readded the katanas for close combat to balance the ability out. You may spot some other changes in the list below. Feedback and suggestions welcome as always!

Fixes

- Fixed recruitment of Tae-yari Ashigaru in castles.
    - Added missing Oda Tae-yari Ashigaru.
    - Added missing spearwall ability to Oda Tae-yari Ashigaru, Ikki Ikki Tae-yari Ashigaru, and Tae-yari Ashigaru Garrison units.
    - Fixed wrong projectile stats for Chosokabe Daikyu Masters.
    - AI armies should have less ranged units (fix probably needs a new campaign to work)

Battle Related Gameplay Changes

- Added +2 to the defence of all units to slow down battles a bit more.
    - Increased the moral bonus for gaining experience. The maximum is +9 moral instead of +5 moral (each level adds +1 moral).
    - Ranged units (especially matchlocks) can hit enemies on walls better.
    - Reduced melee and defence of all matchlock, firebomb, firerocket and artillery units by 1.
    - Reduced bow ranges in land battles slightly.
    - Pike & shot ashigaru now use long pikes.
    - Changed generals unit into horse archers. This should make AI generals less suicidal in battle.
    - Readded the use of katanas for yari/tae-yari ashigaru. Removing katanas made these units far too powerfull when using spearwall.
    - Reworked Ashigaru Sharpshooters (reduced men from 100 to 80, but added +15 accuracy & reload, greater range, and light infantry behaviour). Unit is now superior in long range firefights.
    - Reworked Shimazu Heavy gunners (greater range plus body piercing but lower accuracy, reload rate and ammunition). Use this unit for devastating enfilade fire from the flanks.

Ashigaru Sharpshooters in light infantry formation

Campaign Related Gameplay Changes

- Increased movement range of ships in the main campaign.
    - Reduced research costs in the Shogun campaign by 25% to allow for quicker research.
    - Reduced recruitment time for early ashigaru to one turn.
    - Bulletproof samurai need an armorer for recruitment.
    - Added some optional submods which increases the campaign movement rate of all units by 25%, 50% or 100%

RotS Compatibility Changes

- All core gameplay mechanics of TROM3 now work with RotS.
    - Adjustments to the economy, building and technology effects.
    - Changed victory conditions for greater freedom of play.
    - Removed AI cheats that replace low level units with free high level ones (no more 19 samurai + general AI armies in the early game).
    - Extended length of RotS campaigns.
    - Added naval abilities (flaming arrows; warcry; battlespeed) to pirate ships.
    - Added unit caps for samurai (20) and monks (15).
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; February 11, 2012 at 06:08 AM.

Default Re: TROM3 1.6 BETA RELEASED (RotS compatibility upgrade))

Glad to see you adapted this great mod and its also good to see you back in the swing of things again!

Ahh.. Your back! Im glad to see ya!

Oh hell yeah! I just finish my campaing with a other mod! Now it's time I try this one out!

Thank you for your hard work!
    From Québec with love!

Default Re: TROM3 1.6 BETA2 RELEASED (RotS compatibility upgrade))

I updated the beta with some fixes for RotS and some additional gameplay changes. Should work with savegames.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Nice work, Yarkis, and, yes, good to see you back again!

Will test this. One Q beforehand: any incompatibility with ACC as you see it?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Nice work, Yarkis, and, yes, good to see you back again!

Will test this. One Q beforehand: any incompatibility with ACC as you see it?
    I need to update the uniform_to_faction_colours tables with your new uniform colours for the sengoku jidai campaign. With RotS there should be no problem.

EDIT: Updated ACC for TROM3 to v2.0. Get it HERE
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; January 22, 2012 at 08:05 AM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    I need to update the uniform_to_faction_colours tables with your new uniform colours for the sengoku jidai campaign. With RotS there should be no problem.

EDIT: Updated ACC for TROM3 to v2.0. Get it HERE
    Marvelous - and you even managed to do that without the need for a user.script, somehow! Now I'm off into TROM campaigning. Thanks a lot, Yarkis!
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Senator

So I downloaded and extracted to the /data file for Shogun 2, but now what? When starting the game from Steam it's still vanilla.

Huzza! I have been waiting for this update for a good long while.
    My thanks Yarkis to you and the TROM team!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    So I downloaded and extracted to the /data file for Shogun 2, but now what? When starting the game from Steam it's still vanilla.
    You should see the TROM3 logo on the mainscreen. If not something went wrong with your installation.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    You should see the TROM3 logo on the mainscreen. If not something went wrong with your installation.
    Is there anything else to installation apart from extracting the files to /data? No launcher to run or anything?

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Is there a way you could just make the new units downloadable seperate from the rest of the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Is there anything else to installation apart from extracting the files to /data? No launcher to run or anything?
    No. Make shure you have no other mods installed. That's usually the reason if a mod fails.

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    Is there a way you could just make the new units downloadable seperate from the rest of the mod?
    No plans for that. But there are many other unit pack mods out there.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Thanks Yarkis
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Senator

Oh I see, it's probably because I have DarthMod installed. I'll get rid of that. Thanks.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Thanks a lot for your dedication Yarkis , i will play it tonight , really glad that you are also still working on your mod and releasing updates

Hi

What does the ambush pack file do ? its read me is blank, so cant read...

thanks in advance.

Ooops...have to check that. The ambush pack puts deployment areas closer together, so ambushers have a greater advantage. It's a must have if you play Hattori because Hattori armies can hide more easily in TROM.

Holy cow, awesome! Glad to see you're back, Yarkis! can't wait to finally get into RotS myself.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast