Thread: Funked up Egyptian unit names

Default Funked up Egyptian unit names

Hello, when i play as Kemet, or more commonly known as Egypt, they seem to have something wrong with their native names, one of the weirdest ones is "ms3j marines" i don't mean to offend but i have a certain fascination with Egypt, and if you could, would you please fix this as soon as possible, it bugs me greatly.

Thanks.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Funked up Egyptian unit names

Reading comprehension is important at your age.
    actually it's the spelling of Hieroglyphic accent, like ns3w , since Hieroglyph did not have vowels, they only have consonants, the numbers are used to be replaced on numbers of vowels there and we today... never know the proper vowels

Would be cool if we could portray hieroglyphs lol

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

actually, there is some debate about the exact vowel values in hieroglyphic language, IMHO, the closest thing is they tried to get the closest analogy to ancient hebrew

too bad, a big part the ancient egyptian knowledge is destroyed when Christianity spread there, and the destruction is completed with the Islamic conquests, well, both Christian and Muslim fanatics are biggest offenders of book-burnings

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    actually, there is some debate about the exact vowel values in hieroglyphic language, IMHO, the closest thing is they tried to get the closest analogy to ancient hebrew

too bad, a big part the ancient egyptian knowledge is destroyed when Christianity spread there, and the destruction is completed with the Islamic conquests, well, both Christian and Muslim fanatics are biggest offenders of book-burnings
    Not surprised. There's a ton of books out in the world right now that should be burned, lest they pollute the minds of the next generations with such garbage.

we can start with bibles and qurans

it would be alot better if they used an english translation as the main unit name and included the strange hieroglyph stuff in the description
    Last edited by nein; January 23, 2012 at 05:26 AM.