Thread: Save Game Campaign/Battle Difficulty

Default Save Game Campaign/Battle Difficulty

The save games campaign difficulty are made in H level. If you want to change that you have to make a small change using EsfEditor:

1. Open EsfEditor and select menu, File, Open Esf

2. Navigate to ...\napoleon total war\data\DMN\DMN_Packs\DMN_Nap_Saves. You'll see nothing so select All Filles in the right lower button.

3. Select the save you want (if you have not keep a backup do it now in this window with copy/paste, keep both).

4. Now go in CAMPAIGN_SETUP_OPTIONS and change the marked number to 0 for Normal or 1 for Hard. The default here is 2 for VH.

5. Save your... save from menu, File, Save (in EsfEditor save changes only like this. If you close it using red X and answer Yes in Save prompt nothing will be happened and you will have to restart Editor and the whole procedure!).

For Battle difficulty things are much easier: while in game press Esc to bring Options, go in Game Settings and adjust it.

Last edited by husserlTW; March 26, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

Tiro

Default Re: Save Game Campaign Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    The save games campaign difficulty are made in VH level.
    Just for clarification: is it only the 40x armies campaign saves that are VH, or all the Darthmod campaigns, except vanilla?

In the latest update all saves are demoted in Hard level.

In the latest update all saves are demoted in Hard level.
    Was this a balancing decision? ie. will my game experience suffer if I turn it up to VH again? I'm finding France too passive even when I pad their bottom line (I give my enemy 30k every turn or 2).

Also the diplomacy is awful... generous. France, even with the surplus of cash I dump on them, is willing to unload important military technologies to me. I bought Generals Staff tech from them for only 2k, immediately after handing them a 20k bailout.

Will turning up to VH fix this?

You have to test it. Players made many complains about VH as a difficult campaign that is why we demoted to Hard level.

Ok, we've got how to modify Save game CAMPAIGN difficulty....but, excuse me, what about Save Game BATTLE difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Barca80 View Post
    Ok, we've got how to modify Save game CAMPAIGN difficulty....but, excuse me, what about Save Game BATTLE difficulty?
    I thought it was known. Anyway I added it in first post. Yoi can change battle difficulty any time in game, on campaign map.

I thought it was known. Anyway I added it in first post. Yoi can change battle difficulty any time in game, on campaign map.
    Oh man....

Thank you husserl...and a HUGE thank you for your magnificent work on your save games: many men for great battles, a dream comes true.

You have to test it. Players made many complains about VH as a difficult campaign that is why we demoted to Hard level.
    Oh... How much work is involved in creating 2 lists of saves on the launcher? 1 for H and one for VH? If its a load of work, don't worry about it, but if its an easy setup, could we see that as an option sometime in the future?

As GB in Coalition 40 save campaign I've had to bankroll France, and it's taken them until mid 1809 to reach Poland, and Prussia has lost only 2 territories. Meanwhile I sit and collect 60k surplus every turn (because the enemy wont seek out my trade with functional fleets), have no tech left to research (because France will sell me IMPORTANT LONG RESEARCH TECHS for 2-3k), have all my buildings upgraded including London's culture buildings (because I'm rolling in cash and Upgrade every thing as it becomes available). Austria has lost up to and including Vienna, but has taken everything but Istanbul from the Ottomans (despite my bankrolling them as well, as they are my best Trade partner).
    Last edited by Blackthorne556; March 27, 2012 at 07:33 AM.

Default Re: Save Game Campaign/Battle Difficulty

I've got a problem with my ESF Editor 1.4.3.0, it won't allow me to change my unit size all I get is a error box that says "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click ontinue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit. the application will close immediatly. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. WHat should I do about it?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by twicetwice2ce View Post
    I've got a problem with my ESF Editor 1.4.3.0, it won't allow me to change my unit size all I get is a error box that says "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click ontinue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit. the application will close immediatly. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. WHat should I do about it?
    Update the ESF Editor to Ver.1.4.6

ESF 1.4.6 (Last Stable Version)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ble-Version%29

how do I put the time to unlimited in every battle using ESF 1.4.6 (Last Stable Version)

with this ESF editor, how do I expand the Napoleon unit review panel to fit 40 units

husserTW, How do I add ship of the line units and steam ship units to Norway

How do you even save this game? I have not been able to make a save for this game,,what is the magic way to do so??