Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMN Launcher - Instructions and Issues

Default DMN Launcher - Instructions and Issues

DarthMod Napoleon Launcher

Watch the video offered by Lionheartx10

DarthMod
    Napoleon is equipped with a powerful but very friendly mod launcher. To play the mod, launch it, select your Options your Campaign and Play! After you click on Play it checks so all the necessary mod files be in game's data folder and starts the game. When you finish playing and close the launcher, your game's installation remains as "DarthMod Ready" so you can play again DarthMod Napoleon without any delay.

Pages

Main: You can jump to Campaigns or/and Options page, make your choices (in any order) and return back to select Play so the game is launched or EXIT and close launcher. Have in mind that launcher can not be closed as long as the game is running to prevent you from damaging your files.

Campaigns: Here you can select the campaign you like to play. You can choose European all playable (round small button) or all emergent (both round and rectangular buttons), Egyptian, Italian or Peninsular campaign. If you want to play with 40/30 size armies/fleets select the Saves and from the upcoming list the saved game you like. The proper save file will be copied in your save games folder which you can load in game's menu. Tip: You can access your
    save games folder in menu, File. If you like to play just a vanilla campaign then select... Vanilla. From Campaigns page you can return in Main page to select Play and start the game, or jump to Options page.

Options: There are several mods to add in your campaign to increase game experience. Select which of them you like. This is one time selection and launcher will remember them until next time you start the mod or you change them again. In Unit Size you have 2 options which actually refer to
    multi-player and single-player games. Selecting 1X the proper options for a mp game are set which you should not change. 2X is for sp games which is the default option as well. Last you can select one of the 4 available languages for the in game texts. From Options you return to Campaigns page or jump to Main and start the game.

Menu

File: From here you can have access player user script, preferences script and save games folder.

Edit: If you want to use additional mods you must edit user script and make your own custom script. Select Custom User Script, add your extra commands and save file. You have also to activated it in Settings. Your custom script will be stored for future use if you ever restore DarthMod Napoleon defaults. Important: Please make sure that the additional mods are compatible with DarthMod Napoleon else you might destroy mod's or/and game's installation. If you are not sure add one at a time, test at least if the game launches and repeat.

Settings: There are 3 options available. In Enable SP Default, the default options (Darth Effects, Extra Units, Ultimate Sound, Drum Roll and NTFlags), the 2X Unit Size and English language are set to be loaded. You can further change these in Options page. Enable MP Default uses the same settings with SP except Unit Size which is changed in 1X. For the moment only 1X can ve used in MP games. In both cases, if you had created a custom script you have to activate it again. This can be done selecting Enable Custom Script and your stored custom user.script.txt will be in place, in users script folder.

Utilities: Check Files is a useful utility that helps you check game's data folder and see which files are not vanilla. It is an info utility and it does not take any actions. Restore Vanilla restores your game installation in vanilla status so you can play vanilla or another mod. When selected launcher removes mod files in it's folders, reversing all changes and disabling
    DarthMod. Important: If you use Restore next time you'll start again DarthMod you have to enable it again in menu -> Settings.

Skins: This is a new future first time introduced in a mod launcher, specially for DarthMod fans. It allows you to choose one of the 3 currently available skins. More skins will be added later. Moreover you will be able to add your own skin to meet your personal taste, but more for this in the next days...

Help: A typical Help menu with infos such Credits, About and the Darthmod Napoleon web link.
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; May 31, 2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added installation video

Default Re: DMN Launcher - Instructions and Issues

(Reserved)

Hi friends, Darth and HusserlTW, I am trying to play the campaign with European all playable (round small button set) and all emergent (round and rectangular buttons both set) but when starting the nations able to be selected are still limited to the habituals factions: France, UK, Austria, Prussia and Russia. I have observed this "possible" bug on versions 1.9 and 2.0 + hot fix. I am going to uninstall and install the new 2.1 version and will tell you about it. Hopefully it is maybe going to work and so to be possible to select some of the emerging nations too like Spain, Bavaria, Turkey and others.
    And also to congratulate you for the fantastic work you have made on this wonderful mod.
    Best regards,
    JackVicjabSparrow

When I select a 40/30 save from the launcher and load it from the in-game menu I`m not seeing 40 stack armies or 30 stack navies. Is this faction specific or am I doing something wrong.

Everything else is running fine with the exception of this issue.

Thank you any help is greatly appreciated.

Why cant I play as Poland?

Because you do not select an emergnt campaign, perhaps?

I go through everything click "Play" and then BANG-message:Napoleon total war has stopped working.And it tries to close the game and does it.So my question is how to fix that and get a good normal start?

Did you perhaps forget to start STEAM before pressing play in the DMN Launcher? I`ve done that myself and it will CTD everytime.

It is against Forum Rules to post questions regarding pirated copies. GO BUY A LEGAL FREAKIN COPY LIKE THE REST OF US DID!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ransan309; August 04, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hello Ransan, I got the same problem as winticket, but unlike him I got NTW purshased, Steam usualy starts automaticaly when I start my PC right?!
    anyway, the game is just crashing on startup, not sure what's going on here???

I assume you are talking about vanilla NTW version and not the DMN Mod?

I would first verify game files integrity through STEAM to see if any files are missing.

Once STEAM checks the files. If any are missing they will be reaquired automatically.
    Try to run the game again through the STEAM launcher.

You should post this issue in the regular NTW forums as well for better chances of support.
    Last edited by Ransan309; August 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

how do I get large units,can only get 120 ?

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by kessellring View Post
    how do I get large units,can only get 120 ?
    You must set army size in game option to ULTRA and you should start this mod in Launcher as SP settings. (In launcher you click on Settings and click on Enable SP default. That makes 2x bigger army)
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

You definitely DONOT want to set unit size options in game settings to Ultra if you are using the DMN Mod. You should go into the DMN Launcher and first select SP default. Then goto Campaigns and select any 40/30 campaign you wish too. Start NTW through the DMN Launcher and you should get the 2x size armies. It actually shows the unit size as SMALL in the game settings.

It may possibly work as Sirpeace stated, but if you mess with the in-game unit sizes more than likely it will bork the whole thing up!

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Ransan is right. I just tried something and he is right. Once you change battle size unit in Game option, you will have no double from Darth launcher. It shows in option as small unit size, but it is double in fact.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Laetus

I selected 40 stack armies Coalition UK campaign but when I load the game, there's no save game.

Did you try to start a fresh new campaign? If it is setup right through the Launcher, you should be able to get the 40 units without the need of the save game.

Error (11FD)

Hi !! I am having problem in installing DMN i installed NTW in the program files folder and there is also ETW with DM8.0 overthr but it is is seperate folder , in short both ETW and NTW are in folder program files.

when i start installing i get this error i am installing it for first time as i installed fresh copy of NTW and played it before installing DMN.

"Data.exe: this file contains invalid data. (error 11FD)"
    "you will have to run this utility again to completely install DarthMod Napoleon"

hi, grat job great mod but my game dont start, it says the steam preparing to launch Napoleon Total War, the square disappear and then it appear again and again and again... what can i doż?

I am having the same problem as a previous post!
    Error (11FD)

Hi !! I am having problem in installing DMN

when i start installing i get this error i am installing it for first time as i installed fresh copy of NTW and played it before installing DMN.

"Data.exe: this file contains invalid data. (error 11FD)"
    "you will have to run this utility again to completely install DarthMod Napoleon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast