Thread: Expanded new world mod

Default Expanded new world mod

If CA is going to increase the facttion limit to 30, why not then make a mod that ekspande on the idea of discovering the new world?

There would be a couple of ekstra new world factions, like maya and inca, and then they could be playable from the start of the game.

So you start the game by choosing a new world or old world faction, eg. england or inca, and then either figth for control of the new or old world, according to what faction you chose, and at the end you can go and try conquering the other world.

Eg. you play as maya; the first part of the game you fight other indians, and at the end of the game where you might have taken control of much of america, the old world factions starts to invaded and you have to figth them.

Some of the features that could be included could be:

--> If you can take prisoners in the game, the aztec should be able to sacrifice them and get some bonus for it.

--> A scripeted plague, that comes when the europeans meet comes to the new world

--> Unique cities, like the aztec capital

Of course this is only possible if CA increases the faction limit. And btw I have no idea of how to make a mod so I can only do research for this mod, but I am trying to learn how to moddel.

So what do you guys think? anyone interested?

Civitate

Default Re: ekspanded new world mod

It is in Europe that the game starts out in, so people want a more realistic europe. Lithuania, Serbia, Novgorod, Armenia were all important medieval factions that are not in MTW2. Without these factions it seems a very west Europe feel as it mises out most of the important Eastern factions.
    I guess people arent that interested in expanding the New world, as most people will have won by the time the technology to get to the new world is discovered.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    It is in Europe that the game starts out in, so people want a more realistic europe.
    Not if you make it so that the indians are playable from the start of the game, then the game either start in the new world or old world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    I guess people arent that interested in expanding the New world, as most people will have won by the time the technology to get to the new world is discovered.
    Not if the starting date is change, then the game could start much more close to the discovering of the americas and you would have more time in the new world.

I think first you need to learn to use your X's, and then...While this is a decent idea, you really dont have enough info or interest to do anything i think,

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Expanded new world mod

Thread title edited for you, ive fixed your spelling mistake so people don't focus on that when commenting on the thread.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

So this 'mod' will basicially be adding the Aztecs, Mayans and Incas into the playable faction bit in the descr_strat file?

:/

Civitate

But there might not be an descr_strat file in MTW2, and if the new world is not there at the start of a campaign, then it will also have to add it in, which might be complicated.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy
    So this 'mod' will basicially be adding the Aztecs, Mayans and Incas into the playable faction bit in the descr_strat file?

:/
    And other indians of course, thoes are just eksamples, and they will also have new units and so on