Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UNIT PREVIEW AND DISCUSSION - Gahurchlai Campaign

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default Re: UNIT PREVIEW AND DISCUSSION - Gahurchlai Campaign

And he likes you too.

Done Whisper now, whilst studying another thingy.

WHISPER - The being known as Whisper or Mistwalker is but a memory of a man. He has lost who he is, and was fading before the city took him. In SOlace, he was rebuilt physically, and now walks in a veil of mist, cloaked in a grey shroud, his cowl drawn down, cloth across his face. He bears the sigil of a moth, and he can walk half in the real world, half in the Farstream. He is drawn to the quest to retake the Moon, and faces the possibilty he will fade again when he leaves Solace. His domain is the twilight, and he can be unseen and unheard. He can obsfucate objects and people, bypass physical objects (such as walls) and can draw living beings into the Farstream, to wander and die. However, this backed up by a great ability with knives; he main killing wepaon being a Taichondran Long Knife...over a foot long.

Done 'im too now. I'm researching somethign else atm, so I won't be PUMPING units out, but they'll still happen.

What do you make of him? Obviously, he needs his knives - plan a chest bandolier thing and stuff.

Decided to try more silvery mask

Torak's Avatar Libertus

silvery is better

Yep, I think so too...by quite a long way, isn't it? Do you like him though?

I really like him, and I also prefer the silvery mask to the black one .

Yep...the silver mask adds that ghostly sort of quality, plus the black mask was simply too stark, and probably quite lazy....

I think I showed them in a previous version, but I finalised the Royal Gryphon (riders) for Principality of Steel.

Hmm, the style seems similar to that of the Sun Kingdom- are they culturally related, or is this simply a universal elven influence? I seem to remember some elven units having helms and armour like this.
    Co-Leader of BRITANNIAE: INVASIO SAXONUM

Heh. The armour is certainly a non-elven influence as such. It's a sort of universal look really, but tailored slightly to the principality - of course there will some similarities in models, because I simply can't make 400 or more units without some comparisons of bits, but I do change them. However, there IS a central set of objects for cultures etc, and the helm and it's adornment have elven influence, yes. The Ildiri Falcon Knights wear a similar helm, so well spotted on that front.

The thing with the histiory of the mod setting is that the ELves nearly fought a war over whether to elimintae or teach the humans, so some of the earlier mertial influence is VERY elven. These items are often elven made, so remain untarnished, as they used metal compounds that did not marr over time like human ones did (they are nowehre near as strong as Dwarven compounds - elves are technically good smiths and make things of untarnishable beauty, but on a scale with dwarven smiths, they are simply not martial smiths) - the Ildiri SeaSteel is a sort of aluminium compund that is less than half of the weight of other commonly used metals, and helps at sea with not drowning people, as they can often still swim, as it becomes literally weightless is water. Humans then kept what they had of these, and tried to imitate them before venturing off to build their own cultures. The SUn Kingdom is a MASSIVE example of this, in that much of their armour Still is heavily elven influenced. Probably the heavily unique culture in this time period is The EMpire, as they are built on Valerian's model and he grabbed the best smiths and warriors from pre-eminent cultures who had advanced on their own quite heavily; later, the Federation remain very distanced from ANY elven influence, due to the national purges they mount in terms of the 'elders' (Avatars, elves, anything non-humnan really, unless it suits the COuncil of Nine)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123