Thread: Allow diplomacy with every faction from turn one?

Default Allow diplomacy with every faction from turn one?

In S2 you can only make diplomatic deals with factions you've contacted with. I'm not sure it's a good idea because it makes diplomacy too dependent upon the starting positions, for example Takeda almost always ally with Hojo in turn one since they're neighbors. My thinking is, if every major factions can make deals with each other from the beginning, maybe we'll get to see some more dynamic changes in diplomacy: new daring alliances, more potential naval invasions and so on .

So I was wondering if this is possible to mod in? The mechanic itself might be hardcoded, but I know that if I remove fog of war and make a diplomatic deal with a neighbor in the beginning, the game will somehow reveal almost every faction in my diplomacy panel. Is it possible to do this for the AIs, like via script or something?

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Allow diplomacy with every faction from turn one?

My Fog of War Removal mod doesn't allow every faction, but it does show you almost every faction when you start. It's just something that happens when you remove the fog of war. It's nothing I've done specifically. All trading arrangements are normal. If you have road that connects, or a open port with trading ships, you're free to trade with whom ever you want then. So basically if you have a level 2 port, you can trade with anyone. Link is in my signature.