Thread: Which Mod?? (Middle-Earth)

Icon5 Which Mod?? (Middle-Earth)

I would like to play ROME-TW again(I had played many times) but in a "middle-earth mod" for this time. As I searched there are 2 major mod for ROME.

1- Lord of the Rings - Total War

2- Forth Age - Total War

I don't have too much time to test and compare these mods, I am not student any more, working now. So I would like to ask you;

Which mod is better, more realistic and detailed(about units, cities, maps etc...) ?? Which one do you suggest??

Thanks

Default Re: Which Mod?? (Middle-Earth)

don't think forth age total war even have custom cities

You can't compare these two mods, because they are in many many ways completly differents. First, they are not in the same era. LotRTW is focused on the movies (so in the Third Age) while FATW is only focused on books and the Fourth Age.

I advice you to play the both, otherwise you will miss a lot of things .

@Sapped : Wait and see. I've heard that LotRTW and FATW used to share some materials, so we can all hope that in the next releases of both FATW and LotRTW mods there will be custom cites.

PS: I remember Aradan saying somewhere that he will try to do something about that when all other aspects of the mod will be done.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

@Nelduin; I see... As I said before, i dont have time to discover or read about these mods. But i learned that they are in different eras(I didn't know before). And as you say the concept of mods are also different in general...

Last night i installed Rome TW(v1.5) + BI(v1.6) + (Alx) and i am thinking to play both mods.

As i know FA-TW uses&requires BI and LotR-TW needs Alex. So is it possible to install both mods on to same game? I will try it to night. I hope it works...

I also willing to install and play Med2+Third Age-TW

Quote Originally Posted by Syanur View Post
    @Nelduin; I see... As I said before, i dont have time to discover or read about these mods. But i learned that they are in different eras(I didn't know before). And as you say the concept of mods are also different in general...

Last night i installed Rome TW(v1.5) + BI(v1.6) + (Alx) and i am thinking to play both mods.

As i know FA-TW uses&requires BI and LotR-TW needs Alex. So is it possible to install both mods on to same game? I will try it to night. I hope it works...

I also willing to install and play Med2+Third Age-TW
    Yes, both mods are modfoldered so there is no problem to install them on the same game. By the way you will still be able to play the original game.

You really should try both, take your time to play. Fortunately, RTW is a game that you can play few hours a week during months. No need to be a fast or a full-day player .

Anyway, don't be too severe with graphics of the actual releases. They are quite olds and the future releases (for both mods) will be extraordinary in terms of gameplay, graphism, innovation and immersion.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Yes, both mods are modfoldered so there is no problem to install them on the same game. By the way you will still be able to play the original game.

You really should try both, take your time to play. Fortunately, RTW is a game that you can play few hours a week during months. No need to be a fast or a full-day player .

Anyway, don't be too severe with graphics of the actual releases. They are quite olds and the future releases (for both mods) will be extraordinary in terms of gameplay, graphism, innovation and immersion.
    Yes saving the original game is good, because i still like to play this game...

I hope next release will be great in order to gameplay. The graphics are not too important for me. But improved unique cities and some details can make the game much better...

well ofc both are good but to me this one is much better because it has custom models and is more realistic

this is for Alexander

FourthAge is only for Barbarian Invasion and they have a none supported version for Rome Regular thats pretty old

well i have played lorttw fouthage tw and tatw religously and love them all for diffrent things they bring to the game

the lotr tw guys did a fantastic job the unit balance is mainly why i play this mod the fact an elf may take 6 turns to train but is so strong that a stack can make it to mordor with out loses is amazning not to mention all the work in the units and of course the flying nazgul somthing i never though possible in rtw engine one of my most memerable molemnts was when i had a small stack around mordor no hope to retrain besiged by stacks and my high noldor army sat in the streets holding the black wave back their where so many orcs that they couldnt even move into thestreet and litttle by little my elves carved though them that in my opion is the main reaosn for playing lotr tw the graphics arnt as pretty as some mods you can really see it with i mordor soldiers and is a bit offputting but if ya can look past that its phenomal what they did

forthage age seems more polished to me the way you can specialze you citys and supplys for gernals the things these guys did with out scripts is frekaing impressive very pretty game and so in deapth for building nothing more fun then going the shadow path on anumbar and letting your orc legions burn middle earth to the ground each faction is crafted so well the down fall is theirs only 6 factions and you can only do so many battle with harad on a bridge before it gets to you very diffrent feel then lotr tw seems fouth age guys focused only only a few and tried to prefect them, while lotr guys took on the enitre world both are epic games in their own right and both are worthy of playing the hours i spent bettwen these 2 games i cant even count

the last one in the trinty is Third age total war a mideval total war 2 title but fun non the less, this one doesnt have the unit balancing so mostly even with modded out rr/cc and what not most of the faction feel the same ,but on that note its also on the mtw2 engine so its frekaing, beautiful custom settlements so now when you fighting minastirith you are going up the differnt levels and what not of course the down fall to all this is that its on the mtw2 engine so very unresponsive on commands and siege battles are brutal just 2 blobs pushing agisnt each other but this is the fault of the engine not the fault of the tatw guys they have does a fantastic job with the engine they are working with and to see the balrog come at ya out of moria is a sight to behold

i can only hope that these 3 great mods guys in each of the respective catagorys evunattly chooses to make a mod of any of these 3 quaitly on the shogun 2 engine as in my opion its the most responsive and pretty game to date to see any of these 3 on that engine would be mindblowing

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

From what I have heard, Shogun 2 is pretty much impossible to mod to the degree of any of these mods. Little things yes, but completely new games, no.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    From what I have heard, Shogun 2 is pretty much impossible to mod to the degree of any of these mods. Little things yes, but completely new games, no.
    first thing that stops Shogun 2 modding is that campaign map modding is pretty much impossible currently

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

ahh well thats a let down i have been awating seeing some epic mods on that engine

but what can ya do i guess, thanks for the info guys

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    first thing that stops Shogun 2 modding is that campaign map modding is pretty much impossible currently
    Plus modding for Shogun would require completely new animations...I don't play the game but from what I have seen the animations just wouldn't quite fit with Middle Earth...
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

rolf a elf with samurai animations hopefuly they release a good new game with very moddable features so we dont need to waste years of trying to get things to a good point.