Thread: Hiring Mercenaries?

Default Hiring Mercenaries?

How do you hire mercenaries? Ive searched but could find nothing on this. Ive seen people talk about how they are scripted etc, but everytime i put a general in the field, no mercs are available, ever!

Sorry if this is obvious, but i cant find how to do this anywhere.

thanks

Default Re: Hiring Mercenaries?

The script doesn't work but in certain towns your advisor will pop up and ask you if you want to buy this merc for certain amount cash,with a x or check I think.Using the mercs in battle will result in a ctd.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Bummer! oh well. thanks for letting me know. ive also noticed that when i fight certain factions (especaly the rebles) i get cdt when i try & fight a battle my self, but if i auto fight it, no CTD. that makes me think theres something wrong with the models or the data associated with

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Yes, some of the merc scripts ctd at the moment, we'll fix it in the next patch. And yes, some rebel units in these rebel armies cause ctds because of some problems in their coding. We have 2 official fixes so far and hopefull some more very soon.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Great to hear militiaman! cant wait for the patch!