Thread: Single rider cavalry unit?

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Default Single rider cavalry unit?

OK,

I have been forwarded to these forums by Soarin' in the workshop thread, who instructed me that the Aristeia team have managed to create a unit that has only a single individual in it?

What I am trying to do through modding is to reduce the number of a general's bodyguard to just the general himself, in this case a cavalry general in the RTW Mod Invasion Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Iuliani.

If anyone here could give me any advice on how to achieve this, or which files to mod and so forth, I would be much obliged.

Thanks!

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Single rider cavalry unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    OK,

I have been forwarded to these forums by Soarin' in the workshop thread, who instructed me that the Aristeia team have managed to create a unit that has only a single individual in it?

What I am trying to do through modding is to reduce the number of a general's bodyguard to just the general himself, in this case a cavalry general in the RTW Mod Invasion Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Iuliani.

If anyone here could give me any advice on how to achieve this, or which files to mod and so forth, I would be much obliged.

Thanks!
    i also believe they can do that at lord of the rings tw as well, i am interested in how this can be done also

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

OK,

Thanks!
    it's a bit more complicated than those in Aristeia (all single soldier in Aristeia are infantry)

because technically, that soldier is the mount, with invisible riders.

in case of cavalry single soldier, you must have the centaur skeleton * I heard the mod metal mayhem had them but I don't know much about it

still, the possibilities of modifying skeletons, if you know how to do that (I didn't know, don't ask me), is possible, I actually suggest you to ask Wlesmana, who wrote an article about RTW skeleton cracked

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Thanks Strategos Lykos.

As I said in the other thread, I think I am just going to get my general's bodyguard killed until I have reduced them sufficiently. I only want to make a video where my general rides alone up and down the lines, and so all the work involved to mod his unit seems a like overkill, now that I know how complicated it is.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help. +rep

You can just script that all the bodyguard get killed (the general will survive).

Thank you Zhuge_Liang, is there any way you could instruct me on how to do so?

I think it is kill_unit or reduce_unit_strength

You should look at these documents which will have all the script commands you could need for staging a battle

Thanks a lot, I will give them a look.

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

It is not possible to put a Horse as the elephant and then giving them a regular rider on top?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...=1#post1906726

Twas discovered long ago in the long forgotten year of 2008.

OK,

Thanks!