Thread: Revival (KGCM 4.3)

bringing back units for most factions:... EDU and EDB file changes...
    Example: Venice Fort rather than just venetian heavy infantry and Feudal knights... you get Dismounted Men at arms... rather than broken lances only, you get men at arms as well...
    France Gedarmes are coming back, Lancers, Nobles...
    No changes in in map shape (i'm not that good of a modder)
    I should have most of western Europe + Moors done by the 20th
    factions done so so far: Milan, Venice, hre, france...

ok so what have i achieved so far...
    France has lancers, Noble Knights and Gedarmes back
    Hre has Zweihanders, Dismounted Imperial Knights, Imperial Knights, back (don't worry i won't miss {meaning i will add them} Reiters... although horrible units on a small map... or battle... they still are part of the game and are nice units to have[roleplaying purposes])
    Poland has lithuanian cavalry back and they have woodsmen... just like vanilla... (i know they are better than polish nobles...)
    Spain has Sword and Buckler swordsmen in armory again... (to deal with the pesky lutmana moorish spearmen...)
    swordsmen militia has been re-added in both factions (I forget if it was already there or i added it) anyway... i made it so that they can be made at the same time moors bring out the really powerful urban swordsmen)
    Moors: added back a ton of units (or atleast made the more accessible) berber spearmen in teir 3 castle barracks, I should have added them to tier 3, 4 don't know if i should though... Arab Cav have been readded to stables in castle, Gradin lancers make a comeback in Teir 4 Stables, desert archers are back, gradine jinetes are back as usual ( I think they were originally there...)
    england: Bill Militia re-added (replaced later by Heavy billmen) Yeomen archers are back (no more reliance on archer militias and Sherwood Archers)

Nations left... norway/denmark, wales, scots (currently i think they already have everything they used to (havn't confirmed this is off of memory), Ireland, Mongols, Novgorod, Byzantines, Rome, Sicily, Milan, Kiev russia aka russia, Hungary i need to spoof around lil bit, turks, KoJ, Principalty of Antioch, and finally Egypt.

Novgorod has Ikor studio back! yay!...

yes i know I said i was done with milan and venice, but it turns out i added the wrong unit to Venice...
    Last edited by Stylix; January 18, 2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Double Post

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Revival (KGCM 4.3)

Sounds good man all power to ya

Let me know if you want any help Data, i mod privately the EDB and EDU files very often, so im sure i can help you with something.

i think Poland should get back the Hussars also.

well here are the files

remember to save your originals

tell me if i missed any faction units

It has come to my attention that you can't traint mounted cuirrassers, apologies for the loss of tech, on the bright side... you still get gedarmes from city, considering that in late game castle/citidell units are pretty much worthless for most factions, french still ar ok...

this sub mod is for the sake of nostalgia....

*correction castle units are not worthless... late game cavalry DESTROY enemy lines....

What about Hussars?