Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Shall We Boycott the FotS Pre-Order Packages?

Default Re: Shall We Boycott the FotS Pre-Order Packages?

Surely even us people from this forum have more worthwile causes to rally behind ? This seems absolutely mad to me. Cheers !

I don t to boycott FOTS I want CA to make me pre order it !

How ? By fixing the multiplayer campaign desync bug, release the fix in STW2 as a steam update ( beta or not I don t give a ) I want it fix once and for all.

I want to continue our current STW2 mp campaign hojo vs shimazu.

40 hours of playing completly ruined ! We managed to finish severals mp coop campaign but I don't want anymore to have to "rush" the campaign to complete before turn 50 and having to avoid playing with agents ! If I wanted "rush" I ll get a braindead game like Starcraft or whatever .

Avatar campaign is fun for few hours after you re starting to feel tired about it ( monk spam and navy battles are sometimes tyring to say the least).

Mp battles are fun but don t make total war shine like a mp campaign

and didn t made me buy ( at least not without a 66% discount )

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by leSith View Post
    I don t to boycott FOTS I want CA to make me pre order it !

How ? By fixing the multiplayer campaign desync bug, release the fix in STW2 as a steam update ( beta or not I don t give a ) I want it fix once and for all.

I want to continue our current STW2 mp campaign hojo vs shimazu.

40 hours of playing completly ruined ! We managed to finish severals mp coop campaign but I don't want anymore to have to "rush" the campaign to complete before turn 50 and having to avoid playing with agents ! If I wanted "rush" I ll get a braindead game like Starcraft or whatever .

Avatar campaign is fun for few hours after you re starting to feel tired about it ( monk spam and navy battles are sometimes tyring to say the least).

Mp battles are fun but don t make total war shine like a mp campaign

and didn t made me buy ( at least not without a 66% discount )
    They really really wanted to fix the desynch bug but they were too busy creating completely optional FotS pre-order exclusive factions. [hint: it's a joke I am making]

Icon14 Re: Shall We Boycott the FotS Pre-Order Packages?

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    They really really wanted to fix the desynch bug but they were too busy creating completely optional FotS pre-order exclusive factions. [hint: it's a joke I am making]
    QFT

Give them a break, fellas. They do make good games.

I mean, I believe they are punished enough, after more than 19 years and the series are still considered "niche" market.

I do feel sorry for them for they have to churn out small scale DLCs to make quick cash grab. Unlike skyrim where they can afford free DLCs, mod tools and steam works. Craig wants to help modders but the monkeys occupying managerial positions say stuff modders and really what can we do. Let's see how dramas unfold but anyway I'm back to skyrim there are simply too many mods to try and I recon I subscribed too many mods for my own good. And to think that CA has been charging thinks like blood pack, why I'm downloading new kill moves for free. Also downloading new weapons packs and etc etc. can't wait for next DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by leeho730 View Post
    Give them a break, fellas. They do make good games.

I mean, I believe they are punished enough, after more than 19 years and the series are still considered "niche" market.

I do feel sorry for them for they have to churn out small scale DLCs to make quick cash grab. Unlike skyrim where they can afford free DLCs, mod tools and steam works. Craig wants to help modders but the monkeys occupying managerial positions say stuff modders and really what can we do. Let's see how dramas unfold but anyway I'm back to skyrim there are simply too many mods to try and I recon I subscribed too many mods for my own good. And to think that CA has been charging thinks like blood pack, why I'm downloading new kill moves for free. Also downloading new weapons packs and etc etc. can't wait for next DLC.
    sorry why are they being punished..dont get that bit..

no-one is forcing them to churn out dlcs....and they want to help modders? what exactly have they done..?

they do make good game though!

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    sorry why are they being punished..dont get that bit..

no-one is forcing them to churn out dlcs....and they want to help modders? what exactly have they done..?

they do make good game though!
    Let's look at other long run series. TES and Civ communities and sales figures are stronger than ever and the size keep increasing with each installment. With TW after more than 10 years it's still considered niche game. I'm sorry but I don't see in near future that TW games will be considered mainstream and enjoy big successes.
    And CA churn out games so fast they haven't got time to fix bugs such as mp campaign de-sync and CA is being pulverised in its own forum! I pity CA.

Craig once responded to my post (it was on the thread regarding blood pack DLC) saying CA need to make those small DLCs to keep the cash flow, so it's not my words it's Craig's. Back in the old days we saw CA staff members in the modding forum quite often giving us some advice but not any more, it looks like the whole company is doing its best to avoid mod scene, other than giving some talented modders free copies of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by leeho730 View Post
    Let's look at other long run series. TES and Civ communities and sales figures are stronger than ever and the size keep increasing with each installment. With TW after more than 10 years it's still considered niche game. I'm sorry but I don't see in near future that TW games will be considered mainstream and enjoy big successes.
    And CA churn out games so fast they haven't got time to fix bugs such as mp campaign de-sync and CA is being pulverised in its own forum! I pity CA.

Craig once responded to my post (it was on the thread regarding blood pack DLC) saying CA need to make those small DLCs to keep the cash flow, so it's not my words it's Craig's. Back in the old days we saw CA staff members in the modding forum quite often giving us some advice but not any more, it looks like the whole company is doing its best to avoid mod scene, other than giving some talented modders free copies of the games.
    well i dont think you can call being in a niche "punished". if anything it means they dont have any competitors.

actually if you look at the big sellers on steam/play.com for pre-orders and the game charts total wars have def been up there.

and it's the CEO who ultimately drives the company so craig is more or less told what to say..

and if CA release games minus things like content and for example working AA they have only themselves to blame.

you cant make excuses for a company who at the end of day release games to a deadline...you seem to be thinking they are being "forced" by the nature of the games market or because they are "niche". those are factors of course but dont start saying "hey give them a break, they are a niche company who have to release dlcs to make profit".

that's complete hearsay unless CA release a break-down of their business model/profits. which is unlikely.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Regardless of all things,they(CA) sure as Hell came a long way from their early days making rugby games...now there is a niche market...and honestly to go from console based Rugby games to the most cutting edge real time strategy grand scale war game in the world is quite a feat..and not one that came without taking their fair share of risks,failures,long nights and tears.Honestly I feel they deserve more respect than they are typically given around here

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Regardless of all things,they(CA) sure as Hell came a long way from their early days making rugby games...now there is a niche market...and honestly to go from console based Rugby games to the most cutting edge real time strategy grand scale war game in the world is quite a feat..and not one that came without taking their fair share of risks,failures,long nights and tears.Honestly I feel they deserve more respect than they are typically given around here
    I understand more than CA realise how much they`ve had to struggle to get where they are. There was even a period where they were in danger of having no Publisher. So I understand.

Still doesn`t mean I agree with their (no doubt all master SEGA`s) decisions.

You may be desperate but there`s a right way and wrong way to do things. The ends don`t justify the means, especially where Steam is concerned.

It`s the same with Skyrim now though, they too have sold their granny for Steam and their success they will attribute to that and they won`t let go as their games chain more people and also become more `streamlined` (gamedev political speak for dumbed-down).

We have ridiculous climbing up walls dumbing down just as we have no wear and tear, no spell making and only a handful of skills in Skyrim. But Steam is forced-forced- FORCED.

In Bethesda`s favour they still allow Mods, but how long will that last? Especially with the Steam kiddies who think modding is just a simple download everything and install through their mummy Steam now?

Sad because in the end we get more and more rubbish with far less user control.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; February 28, 2012 at 06:56 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789