Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shall We Boycott the FotS Pre-Order Packages?

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Shall We Boycott the FotS Pre-Order Packages?

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyhammer View Post
    Ah well so much for the boycott guys. Fall of the Samurai has shot up to the number 1 spot on the Top Sellers list for Steam. People are pre-ordering like mad.
    And this means what? Instant surrender? Let`s copy the crowd?

Let`s not forget there`s always more to this than meets the eye, even if we don`t know what it may be at present.

If you disagree with the ethos behind the product then don't buy it. That is the ultimate act of consumer displeasure short of a bombing campaign. Simple as.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I have the impression boycotting the pre-order version, i.e. not buying it, would fall in the "don't buy the product" definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I have the impression boycotting the pre-order version, i.e. not buying it, would fall in the "don't buy the product" definition.
    I assume he wasn't referring to the thread's topic, but addressing the people who keep complaining how unfair everything is about TW and still getting every single game.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Yes, after they goes on 75% sale
    S2 goes on sale not even after half a year, and I people buying it now for $10-15 when S2 is not even 1 year old. It same as FFXIII fiasco

Compare to some other games who still have full price even after 2 years, it embarrassing for a franchise such as TW. Pre-ordering is just another ploy to save it out of a quick price decline

I've skipped NTW and ETW after seeing all the crappy reviews, plus seeing S2 frustrating release is believing , so it won't be hard to skip this one
    Last edited by VersionLangley; January 17, 2012 at 08:49 AM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Definitely not pre-ordering.

+1 to OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch234 View Post
    Gee, this is really interesting; some people won't be pre-ordering, while others will. Can this thread be closed please?
    No, we first need a flame war with either sides calling the other one stupid.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Pro: BAKA!
    Oppo: AHO!

there you go
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Quote Originally Posted by Satch234 View Post
    Gee, this is really interesting; some people won't be pre-ordering, while others will. Can this thread be closed please?
    In my own opinion (not that of moderator), as long as people keep their cool and stay on topic and does not condone illegal, stupid activities such as 'I would rather pirate the game', there should be no reason for this to close.

im fine with tbh i was against realling hattatori for dlc made me feel as if i was cheated in to buying the edition i bought

TotalWarker's Avatar Ordinarius

Wont pre-order but will probably buy it at some point next year. Nothing to do with lack of love for the game/series etc, just got plenty to play before then on other games. Always good to keep a quality game in reserve for when things get boring!

Here's something for you guys; getgamesgo is selling FOTS for 18% off (5 bucks off) and it doesn't have any of the pre-order factions, so you're essentially saving the cost of the eventual full-price faction DLC.

It's the route I'm taking; I like what I've seen of FOTS, but I don't like this blatant reduction of factions, and won't support it. If they're ever on sale for 50 cents, then maybe I'll consider it (you know, micro-transaction which is actually a micro-transaction), but otherwise I don't really care. None of the pre-order clans appeals to me that much, and while I do regret the loss of so much content, I just won't support something like this.

Who's brilliant idea was it to sell 1/3 more factions as pre-order bonus only, and ensures that the players can't get all three of them. When companies offer skins, early unlocks or things like that as pre-order bonus, all the power to them, but when we're talking major game content like this, or other games which have entire mission sections as pre-order only, it just disgusts me.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

I have to agree with cherryfunk, this is getting more absurd by the game. I choose to believe that it isn't CA's fault, as they've been actually involved with this forum and others and have engaged in dialogue with fans, offering constructive arguments. I don't like the direction the games are heading, hence why I haven't bought Shogun 2, and won't be buying any other new Total War games until they actually stop this kind of nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Thanks for the link!

Although I'll still wait..

I will probably buy it at a discount price. I have nothing against DLC well done, but as you said this kind of in game content that you can only get by preordering at certain stores is just BS. Hurts everyone and helps no one

I will not buy FotS until I have the guarantee that it will be available for everybody. Sorry CA but that is just what I do when stuff like this happens. Shameful display

Quote Originally Posted by VersionLangley View Post
    Yes, after they goes on 75% sale
    S2 goes on sale not even after half a year, and I people buying it now for $10-15 when S2 is not even 1 year old. It same as FFXIII fiasco

Compare to some other games who still have full price even after 2 years, it embarrassing for a franchise such as TW. Pre-ordering is just another ploy to save it out of a quick price decline

I've skipped NTW and ETW after seeing all the crappy reviews, plus seeing S2 frustrating release is believing , so it won't be hard to skip this one
    ?? But well to be honest most games fall on the discount after 1 year or less than selling at full price for a long time.

Its more due to videogame prices being so front loaded. It has nothing to do with the quality of the games... its more due to how the industry is(and it has always been that way tbh)

Actually which games still sell at full price after 2 years? Only ones I can think are the Nintendo games but they have Nintendo tax anyways XD.

Well, its your opinion anyways, I just wanted to chime in and post mine.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

I remember feeling suckered once with a band I liked called Marillion. They aren't supported by a major record label but have an extensive loyal fan base. Anyway they released a CD album in two parts if you bought the first you got a discount on the second. Although I liked the band I thought it wasn't really on to release an album in two parts. True you get to hear a lot more tracks. but I felt some on the first and second CDs really wouldn't have been included if it had been a regular album release and it was simply a case of stretching the buying potential of the fans by getting them to buy two CD's instead of one and thereby doubling sales.

Games are very expensive to develop and the pressure to increase the price runs counter to retail outlets like Steam, who are pushing prices down to satisfy a public who have less money in their pockets, is probably why they are doing bad things like this. However with no competition against Total War games, expect the real cost of the game (ie the basic game with the special additions) to continue to rise. For me anyway, no modding no buy!

this just keeps getting more and more appropriate

i love www.twcenter.net, formerly known as www.kidswhocantreadgood.com

I won't be preordering. Infact I won't be buying at all now.

After all the hardwork that CA put into regaining the community's confidence after the Empire fiasco, and that liar Bridgen being on their team, it's all going to pot again! WHat a slap in the face! Don't tell me CA, KB has his dirty little fingers in this marketing pie, now he's a big boy at SEGA!

AMIRITE?

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by leeho730 View Post
    The only prob is, it's going to be around Christmas when you see 75% sale.
    S2 was discounted by late May on Steam. Plus there are summer sales. If you have other games to play( I'll be playing D3), then it is probably something you can wait for the sales on, and the summer ones are pretty decent.